• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Offseason Thread |OT2| Brought To You By Buckethead™

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunchbox

Banned
LAST CALL FOR A LUIGI'S MANSION PIN TO GET A FREE 3DS XL GAME

Look at this thread for more info but the deal ends by tomorrow, so I'll go to the Buy/Sell/Trade thread if I don't get a PM from one of you guys.

no one wants it neerd

sell it to one of those new goons drafted by the texans

Fantomex

no one wants it neerd

sell it to one of those new goons drafted by the texans

p10790571dt.jpg

cashman

Banned
Fuck you and the Titans. Its more of a hatred for Dallas than anything else. I enjoy seeing the Giants, Eagles and Redskins play every so often but the Cowboys get stuffed down our damn throats constantly.

Texans are slowly developing some rivalries: Titans for natural reasons, Colts (if not for being Mannings bitch for our first 10 years of existence) and the Ravens since we seem to play them pretty regularly.

You're only rivalry seems to be with the Jaguars

Anyone remember that episode of 70 show where the gay couple moves into the neighborhood? Red learns to accept who they are but then finds out they are Viking fans and claims they disgusting freaks.

cajunator

Banned
No one in Tampa cares, but NO and ATL is pretty good. Not sure about CAR. May be too much of a transplant city to really love the local team

NO/ATL is becoming a pretty heated rivalry. Especially since both teams are pretty competitive lately. If the Saints defense improves much it will be a lot closer fight with the dirty birds this year and we can get back to those crazy close divisional games.

cajunator

Banned
Also Lunchbox is cranky cause bostonians have to live in tiny crumbling old buildings with no central heating for 2000$ a month.

Anyway, good night you lovebirds.

Speaking of overreaction omg booms was raging so hard that you traded with the enemy.. motherfucker you got a better round pick in a better talented draft. I swear the way he was crying we could of given you 2 first for that pick and he'd be pissed still

All the Browns fans have left is bitter, stupid hate, especially when it comes to the Steelers. If you take that, then they truly have nothing.

Milchjon

lingerie football league is tebows best chance of playing, although he will have to ride the bench.

ESPN would cancel MNF for reruns of those games.

Gracie, grazie. I love IV but hey to each their own!

Hopefully V blows the doors off like I'm expecting it to.

Yeah, I hope so too. Since I've always preferred the SA setting and they said they'd improve the handling, I can't see a reason why I wouldn't love it.

I just wanna go offroad again!

zychi

Banned
LAST CALL FOR A LUIGI'S MANSION PIN TO GET A FREE 3DS XL GAME

Look at this thread for more info but the deal ends by tomorrow, so I'll go to the Buy/Sell/Trade thread if I don't get a PM from one of you guys.
Ill take it if you still have it. Mostly an nfl thread lurker except on sundays

Draxal

So is Clowney a "sure thing" like Luck or RG3? Felt like we didn't really have one at all this year.

Honestly, this is going to be a very weird comparison but Clowney's dominance from hs to college is like AP's. Luck was a four star out of hs, Clowney just made everybody drool.

Colasante

Honestly, this is going to be a very weird comparison but Clowney's dominance from hs to college is like AP's. Luck was a four star out of hs, Clowney just made everybody drool.

Clowney is almost more comparable to Lebron than Luck, just due to how dominant he was already coming out of high school. No football star can really compare to Lebron, but Clowney already has a sort of legend built around him.

Milchjon

:jnc at the Dolphins officially announcing that they're treating their players like a bunch of teens:

UPDATE: The Dolphins released a statement regarding Wallace's tweet:

"Mike Wallace has apologized for his comments, and we have addressed the matter with him. Mike's comments do not reflect the views of the Miami Dolphins. We believe in a culture of inclusiveness and respect, and any statements to the contrary are in no way acceptable to our organization. We will address the entire team about our policy of inclusion and make sure they all understand the importance of respecting individual choices."

And the Pats released five:

The Patriots released five players Monday: receiver Jeremy Ebert, fullback Tony Fiammeta, tight end Tracy Robertson, defense back Malcolm Williams, and tight end Brad Herman.

NO/ATL is becoming a pretty heated rivalry. Especially since both teams are pretty competitive lately. If the Saints defense improves much it will be a lot closer fight with the dirty birds this year and we can get back to those crazy close divisional games.
Saints/Cowboys rivalry is pretty good right now too. Lots of people in north/west Louisiana are Dallas fans and it makes for good family drama, mine included. Fucking Lake Charles.

I don't think you guys understand b/c you root for teams with lots of history. The Colts went to the playoffs 10 years in a row, bottomed out, and got just the one Thursday night game. No matter how bad the NFCE and NFCN teams are, they will get their usual MNF game or games.

The NFL basically used the AFCS and the NFCW as dumping grounds for teams that wouldn't fit. It's hard to cultivate tradition when there isn't any historical or geographic rivalry. You can see it with SF and SEA finally being good. That's a heated rivalry very quickly b/c of the geography of it
It's hard to cultivate tradition when your division sucks shit. It has very little to do with location. Cowboys are nowhere near the Redskins and their rivalry was at a fever pitch when both teams were relevant.

Location is only really a factor when your team sucks ass. Being good is what matters. Also, :jnc at mech beating the realignment drum again. Cowboys aren't going anywhere, get over it.

BigAT

:jnc at the Dolphins officially announcing that they're treating their players like a bunch of teens:

Am I the only one that thought what Wallace said really wasn't that bad? It was certainly ignorant on a level that makes him look laughable, but it didn't seem to be the least bit hateful. He's certainly dumb as bricks though.

I don't know, maybe it's just because I have an incredibly low bar set for what I believe most athletes are capable of intellectually, but when the majority of the country still practices institutionalized homophobia by lacking same-sex marriage (with many states having legislation specifically banning it) it's hard for me to get on a guy who is just grossly uneducated on homosexuality.

Draxal

Clowney is almost more comparable to Lebron than Luck, just due to how dominant he was already coming out of high school. No football star can really compare to Lebron, but Clowney already has a sort of legend built around him.

I didn't say Luck, I said AP. AP had this level of clout in high school.

Am I the only one that thought what Wallace said really wasn't that bad? It was certainly ignorant on a level that makes him look laughable, but it didn't seem to be the least bit hateful. He's certainly dumb as bricks though.

I don't know, maybe it's just because I have an incredibly low bar set for what I believe most athletes are capable of intellectually, but when the majority of the country still practices institutionalized homophobia by lacking same-sex marriage (with many states having legislation specifically banning it) it's hard for me to get on a guy who is just grossly uneducated on homosexuality.

If he was more clever you could say it was a good natured but non-PC joke. Like you said players don't get that benefit of doubt though.

Talon

No one in Tampa cares, but NO and ATL is pretty good. Not sure about CAR. May be too much of a transplant city to really love the local team
Atlanta and Tampa fans hate each other, even more than New Orleans fans. The Gruden-era Bucs had a reputation in the division as a bunch of dirty, after the whistle players.

Think the current Falcons and Saints players hate each others guts, though.

Atlanta and Tampa fans hate each other, even more than New Orleans fans. The Gruden-era Bucs had a reputation in the division as a bunch of dirty, after the whistle players.

Think the current Falcons and Saints players hate each others guts, though.
They do, and it's great. Car/NO players fucking hate each other too.

So Browns GAF and Dutch both got new kings these last few days.

Today on April 30th (also Queen's day) Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands has abdicated her duties as Queen after 33 years on the throne and her son, Willem-Alexander has been crowned king, becoming the first Dutch king in over 120 years.

Crazy you guys hadnt had a king in so long.

Bowser

@PaulPabst Tony Dungy said that he spoke to Mathieu before last season at the request of Les Miles. "I wouldn't have drafted him," Dungy.

lololol

rip vas_a_morir. ez is the only true Bengals fan left for the draft.

This last banning initially felt like an unfortunate misunderstanding. I had some posters who were willing to explain that I was referencing (what I presumed was) a very well-known comic panel, but I told them it would not be wise to associate with me and that whole situation.

Anyway, the draft.
I followed this thread the whole time, F'5ing like mad.

With teams in our division loving the 3-4 defense, drafting another first-round tight-end makes sense. NFL is a league of copy-cats, and New England's offense is really potent. I think it's a smart pick. I'm more of a casual fan of College Football, so I can't speak for Eifert's production. However, people seem pretty high on this pick. And the dude is HUGE. So I'm pretty excited. Now, with Sanu, Green, Gresham, and Eifert, Dalton has to make it happen. If the Bengals don't have a productive offensive season, we'll know what the problem is.

Any NC Gaffers care to give some insight on Bernard? UNC seems to be producing a lot of good NFL talent lately. I was positive Marvin Lewis(who now has GM power since his contract extension, which explains the fantastic drafts lately) was going to go with the seemingly obvious pick from Alabama Eddie Lacy. However, we all know Alabama's line is so beefy it makes mediocre talent look like Heisman candidates. I trust we made the right decision. Also, the Bengals were able to get a 2nd round safety to boot, which was probably the most pressing need going into camp. I'd like to thank the Oakland Raiders organization for making these picks possible. :)

The Bengals scoring defense was number 1 the last half of the season. Clearly, the offense was the much more pressing concern.

NOW, for you New England fans, I assure you that you will NOT be disappointed with Dobson. He is 1st round talent that, because of the level of competition was able to slink under the radar. The Marshall offense has been in constant flux, and it seems like we get a new QB every year lately. However, he is the kind of guy who makes bad throws connect with his athleticism and more importantly his AWARENESS. Good hands, too. It was a pleasure watching him play for the Herd, and it's a big loss for my college. However, with our 3rd straight bomb-ass recruiting class, things seem like they are back on track.

Milchjon

NOW, for you New England fans, I assure you that you will NOT be disappointed with Dobson. He is 1st round talent that, because of the level of competition was able to slink under the radar. The Marshall offense has been in constant flux, and it seems like we get a new QB every year lately. However, he is the kind of guy who makes bad throws connect with his athleticism and more importantly his AWARENESS. Good hands, too. It was a pleasure watching him play for the Herd, and it's a big loss for my college. However, with our 3rd straight bomb-ass recruiting class, things seem like they are back on track.

Awwwww yeah!

Welcome back!

I have to admit, those trailers look exceptional. Hopefully it ends up being good.

PC version and cross-gen needs to be announced though.

EDIT: LA Noire was such garbage.

brentech

Just started sleeping dogs on PC. Got steam keys for it and Hitman Absolution for like $7.50 a piece on enix's website. (and dead island for like 5 bucks, but I have no idea what to expect there)

Just played the real early stuff but it already feels promising. Combat is like a million times better than any other open world game. (at least the hand to hand as that's all I've experienced so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom