• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Travis Feeney's combine numbers.

FiZc4Ue.jpg

Sparq me up!

Colasante

Aside from the 2nd round and 4th round picks, this is the worst Patriots draft I have ever witnessed. Bill's head is planted firmly in his ass.

But hey, at least he has Tom Brady.

I ain't mad. I like Brissett. Jones should start in the nickel, Mitchell will challenge to start, and Thuney and Roberts have a path to starting snaps as well.

Bread

Banned
Aside from the 2nd round and 4th round picks, this is the worst Patriots draft I have ever witnessed. Bill's head is planted firmly in his ass.

But hey, at least he has Tom Brady.
Dude it's the draft, you have no idea how these guys will turn out. Chill.

Duxxy3

I ain't mad. I like Brissett. Jones should start in the nickel, Mitchell will challenge to start, and Thuney and Roberts have a path to starting snaps as well.

We didn't take a single running back. Not one.

The later round picks I actually don't have a problem with. Even the third round picks can be forgiven as players that Bill sees as fits. I can't forgive them for not taking a single running back. A position that was seen as a top need by everybody.

Right now we have Blount coming off a hip injury. Dion Lewis coming back from a knee injury. Blount is an average running back, but he's getting old. Dion Lewis can't stay healthy.
That's not an ideal duo. We BADLY missed have a running back at the end of the year. Bill didn't do a thing to remedy the problem.

Colasante

The later round picks I actually don't have a problem with. Even the third round picks can be forgiven as players that Bill sees as fits. I can't forgive them for not taking a single running back. A position that was seen as a top need by everybody.

Right now we have Blount coming off a hip injury. Dion Lewis coming back from a knee injury. Blount is an average running back, but he's getting old. Dion Lewis can't stay healthy.
That's not an ideal duo. We BADLY missed have a running back at the end of the year. Bill didn't do a thing to remedy the problem.

Maybe the running backs didn't merit selection where the Patriots were picking. I don't see the need to add a running back in the draft just for the sake of it, when we see UDFAs outperforming draftees on a yearly basis now. You want Montee Ball or CJ Anderson? Christine Michael or Thomas Rawls? I don't see the need to freak out.

Bread

Banned

He built up the line, that will help more than a late round RB. Next year there will be like a dozen RBs to choose from.

The Browns are basically treating the WR position like a collateralized debt obligation. They are taking a bunch of highly unlikely to succeed players, pooling them together, thinking that they represent likely 1 good player, collectively.

But sometimes all the home loans go bust, and other times the WRs don't get enough reps, or are shut down by just two corners on the other side
I understand why ppl don't care for you, actually i understood before this.

don't really know much about any of the players we drafted so whatever but one thing i do know is that we drafted a couple Tackles, which increases the chances that erik pears is no longer a niner when the season starts. if that happens, i consider this a successful draft

squicken

I understand why ppl don't care for you, actually i understood before this.

hurtful. I'm not saying it won't work, but I do think that is essentially their strategy. but how do you manage reps? RG3 needs reps with good WRs to help his development. WRs need reps with good QBs to develop

I think CLE has had a good draft, I just am less sold on this particular part of it

Duxxy3

Maybe the running backs didn't merit selection where the Patriots were picking. I don't see the need to add a running back in the draft just for the sake of it, when we see UDFAs outperforming draftees on a yearly basis now. You want Montee Ball or CJ Anderson? Christine Michael or Thomas Rawls? I don't see the need to freak out.

The fall off after Alex Collins is pretty dramatic. Peyton Barber might make a team, but I didn't see any other potential UDFA's that could help. I hope I'm wrong there because UDFA is where we'll be looking for backs.

Cowboys picks this year:

1- 4- 4 Dallas - RB Ezekiel Elliott
2- 3-34 Dallas - LB Jaylon Smith
3- 4-67 Dallas - DT Maliek Collins
4- 3-101 Dallas - DE Charles Tapper
4-37-135 Dallas (Compensatory Selection) - QB Dak Prescott
6-14-189 Dallas from Oakland - CB Anthony Brown
6-37-212 Dallas (Compensatory Selection) - SS Kavon Frazier
6-41-216 Dallas (Compensatory Selection) - RB Darius Jackson
6-42-217 Dallas (Compensatory Selection) - TE Rico Gathers

We prioritized quality of player over team needs. That could come to bite us in the ass when Rodgers is marching down the field in 20 seconds in January, but I can't say I really dislike any of the picks.

I'm excited to see Zeke, and I really like the Rico Gathers pick. Hopefully those guys will be fun to watch for years to come. I like that we got some high SPARQ, high ceiling athletic guys for defense. Now we'll see if the staff is up to the challenge of coaching them up.

I wonder if Dak will beat out Kellen Moore/Jameill Shower in camp to be the #2. At this point, I'd be surprised if he wasn't the 3rd option.

The only one I don't really get is Darius Jackson. Again, they may have liked him as an athlete but RB obviously isn't a position of need.

Better hope the Cowboys can duplicate 2014, control time of possession to hide that average defense, if they can't do that it will get exposed..

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
cdy or any U of Washington fans know anything about l Dwayne Washington?

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...oose-running-back-dwayne-washington-7th-round

That being said, Washington is an excellent athlete. He ran a 4.44 40-yard dash at his Pro Day and became known in Washington for breaking out the occasional long runs. However, he struggled with fumbles throughout his career and has some vision issues.

The 4.44 40 time sounds good but the fumbles and vision are concerns. It's a 7th round pick anyways.

_woLf

seattle drafted 3 running backs

I'm really just not okay with this. I wanted a secondary guy :/

hopefully they get some linebackers and corners as UDFAs

TraBuch

Banned
You suck, Baalke. I hope this is another 2012 draft and every one of your picks busts and you get fired in disgrace and never get another job in another NFL front office and you get stuck ruining teams in the AFL or CFL and then one day after your career of ruining teams is done you run into Jim Harbaugh and he punches you in the fucking face.

You suck, Baalke. I hope this is another 2012 draft and every one of your picks busts and you get fired in disgrace and never get another job in another NFL front office and you get stuck ruining teams in the AFL or CFL and then one day after your career of ruining teams is done you run into Jim Harbaugh and he punches you in the fucking face.

You're all right with me pal!

bigosc2k

Banned

That's beautiful man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom