• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

cdy or any U of Washington fans know anything about l Dwayne Washington?

http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/...oose-running-back-dwayne-washington-7th-round

The 4.44 40 time sounds good but the fumbles and vision are concerns. It's a 7th round pick anyways.

He came in as a WR, switched to RB. He's pretty raw as a RB, not necessarily an instinctive runner. But with his background, he's obviously a threat to catch balls out of the backfield and the dude can run.

Also yeah, fumble concerns.

Driskel is not a bad choice. I'd have him over Kessler, maybe cook, hogan, hackenberg.

People have no worries Wentz went second pick after only playing fcs football, yet when Driskill went to la-tech his numbers were very good. He was bad at Florida but not sure how much of that was because of the team at that time and muschamp. After seeing him play last year, I was surprised how different he looked.

lzDpkwM.gif
No.. No you can't.

Remember when the Ohio State team that set records for draft picks couldn't even win their division?
Remember when those same guys won the national championship the year before and won 50 games in 4 years..

Oh and you remember that UW haven't won the PAC in almost two decades and haven't won a national championship since the sixties..

Remember that?

Nope, the only kicker drafted was that second round pick from Florida State.

Yeah I just checked. Damn, I was hoping he got picked up (he's from my city in Australia).

I saw gotsis went to Broncos and Edwards to jets. With Hayne at 49ers, wing at Vikings I think, and the big fella at Seahawks Jesse williams, that is five Aussies now on nfl lists that I count. Hopefully craddock gets picked up as a free agent.

cdyhybrid

No.. No you can't.

Remember when those same guys won the national championship the year before and won 50 games in 4 years..

Oh and you remember that UW haven't won the PAC in almost two decades and haven't won a national championship since the sixties..

Remember that?

Living in the past
MeQKPe9.png

j_rocca42

Didn't the huskies win a championship in the early 90's?

Also, the Hawks seemed to address their biggest needs in this draft. I'm happy overall.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Excels out of the backfield as a pass catcher, don't see him getting a ton of carries out of the backfield.

He came in as a WR, switched to RB. He's pretty raw as a RB, not necessarily an instinctive runner. But with his background, he's obviously a threat to catch balls out of the backfield and the dude can run.

Also yeah, fumble concerns.

Interesting, I could see him get some reps in the Slot or catching passes out of the backfield.

Don't know how he fits in our roster with Theo Riddick (6th round, 2013 draft) or Ameer Abdullah (2nd round, 2015 draft).

Multiple national titles, breh. And we play in an actual conference, we don't get to beat up on Indiana and Purdue 8 times a year.

Also, guess that means the Browns have no future :(
Yes the PAC 12 North... Consisting of Cal, Oregon State, and Wazzu.. That Murder's row of a division.. How do you do it? Finishing barely above .500? Damn.. Setting the world a blaze.

And let me look.. I don't see Purdue in the BIG East.. I see Michigan, Sparty, Penn State. I see Indiana. I see that they made it 6-7 and a bowl game. Just a shade under where UW finished and a Bowl Game where unfortunately lost to Duke.

Congrats.. You barely had a better record than Indiana. Work out another decade and you might actually win your division.

Oh it's funny you use the Browns history. It matches UW's in a lot of ways.. A period of marked success and then enters a period of mediocrity and failure.

But anyway.. Let's not fight over this anymore CDY.. Let's just remember no matter our disagreements.. Let's remember we aren't Oregon and use sweatshop labor to fail at buying national championships.

Let's remember that.

Wait a minute.

Patriot Way.

Unheralded QB from Michigan drafted in the 6th round.

... SUPER BOWL, BITCHES

Nah, just a funny coincidence. Rudock's going to be gone in a year or two.

cdyhybrid

Yes the PAC 12 North... Consisting of Cal, Oregon State, and Wazzu.. That Murder's row of a division.. How do you do it? Finishing barely above .500? Damn.. Setting the world a blaze.

And let me look.. I don't see Purdue in the BIG East.. I see Michigan, Sparty, Penn State. I see Indiana. I see that they made it 6-7 and a bowl game. Just a shade under where UW finished and a Bowl Game where unfortunately lost to Duke.

Congrats.. You barely had a better record than Indiana. Work out another decade and you might actually win your division.

Oh it's funny you use the Browns history. It matches UW's in a lot of ways.. A period of marked success and then enters a period of mediocrity and failure.

But anyway.. Let's not fight over this anymore CDY.. Let's just remember no matter our disagreements.. Let's remember we aren't Oregon and use sweatshop labor to fail at buying national championships.

Let's remember that.

:jnc it doesn't really help your argument when you leave out the best team in the division the last few seasons. Come on son.

Yeah, we didn't have a great record. We were also playing a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. We didn't have a team full of junior/senior draft picks, yet both of our teams won the same number of division and conference titles last season!

Calling the Browns a "period of mediocrity and failure"
MeQKPe9.png

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Wait a minute.

Patriot Way.

Unheralded QB from Michigan drafted in the 6th round.

... SUPER BOWL, BITCHES

Nah, just a funny coincidence. Rudock's going to be gone in a year or two.

*Looks into football crystal ball*

*Starts convulsing at what I see then calmness hits me*

I'm envisioning a future where an established QB (Drew Bledsoe, Matthew Stafford) may get hurt right before the playoffs and a 6th round pick from Michigan (Tom Brady, Jake Rudock) have to take over the helm of a talented team during the playoffs.......

I'm going to consider everything past the 3rd round cake. Too many years do I get excited for low round guys who end up disappointing me.

Gerod Holliman was the last one. Not even gonna bother learning these guys names unless they make the team.

the scene: Driving 8:45 PM 4/29 20 miles from the RI border on 95. Wife refreshing NFL.Com passnger side.

Me: "Fuck Spriggs is gone. Ah well so long as the Jets dont do something stupid like take a QB"

.. 10 mins later..

Wife: *refreshes page*
"Sorry babe you were right"

Me: "Right about what?"
"Oh fuck really? So long as it's not Hackenberg..who is it?"

Wife: "Ummm it's Hackenberg"

Me: "...."
"FUCCCCKKKKKKK"
"NO NO NO NO NO NONO"
...other expletives...
"Im driving this fucking car off the fucking road"

Posting from hell.

cdyhybrid

the scene: Driving 8:45 PM 4/29 20 miles from the RI border on 95. Wife refreshing NFL.Com passnger side.

Me: "Fuck Spriggs is gone. Ah well so long as the Jets dont do something stupid like take a QB"

.. 10 mins later..

"FUCCCCKKKKKKK"
"NO NO NO NO NO NONO"
...other expletives...

Posting from hell.

At least you're trading for Nick Foles.

Slo

I'm going to consider everything past the 3rd round cake. Too many years do I get excited for low round guys who end up disappointing me.

Gerod Holliman was the last one. Not even gonna bother learning these guys names unless they make the team.

Yeah, I didn't even bother watching the draft today. You're drafting camp bodies, if they make the team at all.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

C'mon DK.

Look at this guy!

DFZ1511061638_Temple_at_SMU.jpg

Such a badass he doesn't even need a neck!

chadskin

.. 10 mins later..

"FUCCCCKKKKKKK"
"NO NO NO NO NO NONO"
...other expletives...

Posting from hell.

I had the same reaction man, however I felt a bit better about the pick after I watched this video analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUh7Tia8pWM

Still think Jets should've drafted someone in the second round to address their needs instead of another QB project. Was a good draft otherwise, though.

I love instant draft analysis: http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...umbs-down-for-each-teams-2016-nfl-draft-class

Two "thumbs down" (Niners, Raiders) out of 32 teams. Congrats everyone!

paul gutierrez is such a fucking idiot. not necessarily that i think we had a great draft but look at this analysis:

Thumbs down. A curious draft for a rebuilding team, to be sure. The Niners drafted three cornerbacks but no inside linebackers. They traded up to select a player at a position that was already addressed in free agency. And they fortified the right side of the offensive line with late picks and Anthony Davis making noise about returning from retirement. Oh, and they drafted a QB in the sixth round. Curious? More like strange. -- Paul Gutierrez

1. Does he realize there is a right AND left guard? we have 1 decent guard you dumb motherfucker

2. Anthony Davis is returning from retirement? since when? he still hasn't turned in his papers to be reinstated. Why WOULDN'T we draft some tackles?

3. We drafted a 6th round QB.... ok? what is wrong with that? we have gabbert, kap and beyond that basically camp fodder

i'll agree drafting 3 CB's and no LB's doesn't make much sense on paper but i guarantee you can poke through a bunch of draft classes and say "hey this doesn't make sense!"

TraBuch

Banned
Is Gutierrez implying that Zane fucking Beadles is the answer at guard? And the latest on Anthony Davis is that he's being kind of a bitch.

Is Gutierrez implying that Zane fucking Beadles is the answer at guard? And the latest on Anthony Davis is that he's being kind of a bitch.

one thing i do know, if trading up to draft a guard pushes Devey off the roster then it is the greatest trade in niners history. i want devey and pears gone and i don't care what has to happen for these two fucking losers to be off the roster. and marcus martin can fuck off too. the games where those 3 started... i never want to see something like that again in my life for any team

p.s.

anthony davis IS being a bitch and has been a bitch. said on tuesday or so that the niners should draft a RT early in the draft, then said he's not willing to "rent his body out" to a team that doesn't want to win as much as he does. more than likely he's mad that we won't give him back his signing bonus money from last year and/or rework his contract to pay him more (he would only be earning $4 mil this year per his contract.... which isn't much for a starting T in the league)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom