• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL Draft 2016 |OT| Where One Gasmask Can Change a Career

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Cleveland leaves some wr for everybody else
Farmer left us thirsty.. Really thirsty. We need to drink.

Yessssss higggggins Wr. Make these guys compete :")

Farmer is so fucking confused
blessed-gif-dance.gif
:jnc

Godslay

Banned
Slay, I had my doubts about Elway's drafting after that 2013 draft. But man this draft he actually killed it and fans from other teams believe so as well lol

I want to get excited about it, and I am. As always though we have to wait for the production to make the real judgment.

Klis had a good point in that Elway has had to do some projection since we are drafting so late in each round. So far so good though, real pumped about Gotsis and Booker. Cautiously optimistic about Lynch.

Plummer got a raw deal here. Man deserved better

100% agree. He wasn't the greatest, but he knew his role and was a cool ass dude.

Duxxy3

two RBs drafted and i'm now officially nervous that the seahawks know something we don't about mini beast's ankle

Prosise is a bit of a project. Collins hits hard and fast, but would be most effective in a zone blocking scheme.

Seems like the seahawks are taking a bit of everything.

two RBs drafted and i'm now officially nervous that the seahawks know something we don't about mini beast's ankle
Well we did need depth. We only had Rawls and Michaels, and who knows if Michaels was gonna put in effort like he did at the end of the year.

Godslay

Banned
Now we got a Nebraska FB, Andy Janovich. Here comes the ZBS.

Time to pound the rock.

Love it, if you can't stop the run all the pass rushers world won't save you.

We don't have a pick until the 7th, I'm pretty sure. The only thing I would have liked was another Rb to compete for lead duties with crow. We added Terrell Watson of the bengals though.

We'll see the undfa we add, crow was one.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Now we got a Nebraska FB, Andy Janovich. Here comes the ZBS.

Time to pound the rock.

Andy's an undersized FB/oversized RB. Really underused at Nebraska but he was a walk-on fan favorite, super smart, and really humble guy and hardworker. He's only a fucking steal if you don't mind a smaller FB.

GBR

Godslay

Banned
Andy's an undersized FB/oversized RB. Really underused at Nebraska but he was a walk-on fan favorite, super smart, and really humble guy and hardworker. He's only a fucking steal if you don't mind a smaller FB.

GBR

I'm fine with his size.

6'1, 240 lbs? That's entering Mike Alstott territory in terms of size anyways. Should be good. Reading that he's a decorated wrestler, which is a bonus. Also seeing he's a heck of a ST player too?

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I'm fine with his size.

6'1, 240 lbs? That's entering Mike Alstott territory in terms of size anyways. Should be good. Reading that he's a decorated wrestler, which is a bonus. Also seeing he's a heck of a ST player too?

He's had more tackles on ST than one of Nebraska's DT had on D who went in the 3th round.

If the choice was between drafting Keenan Reynolds in the 5th or trading that for a 2017 4th, I'm glad Bill did what he did. I don't really see where he plays in the NFL anyway.

Joker. Little RB, little WR, couple trick plays at QB.

Might even make a good corner if his hips are passable.

Even if Rawls is 100% healthy RB is a position that just gets ding up a lot. It never hurt to have more depth and teams are always in need of one. Look at what Justin Forsett is doing for the Ravens and he was just riding the bench for us.

Never hurts to have more guys see who fits us best, add some depth and can always send a guy away later for something we need.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Yeah Lions and Colts jut throwing everything at the OL. But what about finally getting Stafford some weapons?

Golden Tate, Marvin Jones, Eric Ebron, Theo Riddick, Jeremy Kerley, Ameer Abdulllah...we should be fine.

Though I was hoping we would draft a WR with one of our 4th or 5th round picks but went hard hitting safety, and Linebacker.

Much easier to find WR diamonds in the 4th-7th rounds than it is defensive starters, IMO. As well as running backs.

Duxxy3

They drafted two RBs a couple years ago when Marshawn Lynch was still healthy and in his prime.

I wish Bill had the same strategy. He let Ridley and Vereen walk and he still hasn't replaced them. Probably why we had to drag Steven Jackson out of retirement at the end of the year.

Mike McCartney
‏@MikeMcCartney7

6th Rounders who made Opening Day 53 Man Roster last 3 years:
2015: 48.8%
2014: 43.6%
2013: 63.2%

6th round and later is ST's players that you hope can eventually make a contribution at their natural position.

From the 5th on it's basically just "pick the best athletes on your board and hope they figure it out at a position".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom