• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL '22/'23 |OT| Excessive Celebration Edition

Who will win Super Bowl 57?

• Buffalo Bills (one of the few likeable teams)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Los Angeles Rams (NFL's golden child)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Tom Brady Buccaneers

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • State Farm's Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Green Bay Packers (playoff filler)

• Cincinnati Bengals (marry me Burrow)

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Los Angeles Chargers (that other LA team)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys (no matter the odds, bet on them losing playoff round 1, trust me)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • San Francisco 49ers (come for the game, stay because your car was hijacked)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Baltimore Ravens (coolest color combo in the NFL)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tennessee Titans (2021 Media's Favorite Team Award)

• Denver Broncos (why draft QB's when you can just trade?)

• Las Vegas Raiders (every fan's excuse for a Vegas trip)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Indianapolis Colts (yeah they still exist)

• New England Patriots (Mac Jones simps)

• Philadelphia Eagles (I want them to win the SB for more funny IASIP episodes)

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Cleveland Browns (THEY HIRED WATSON LMAO)

• Miami Dolphins (pls give us Brady)

• Arizona Cardinals (people voluntarily live in that heat)

• New Orleans Saints (member Brees?)

• Pittsburg Steelers (it's okay because this is our rebuild year)

• Washington Red-Footba-Communi-Commanders

• Minnesota Vikings (they need to win a SB so they'll stop talking about bountygate)

• New York Giants (hey guys member when we ruined the Pat's perfect season?)

• Chicago Bears (I'm just trying to fill in the 25 poll cap)

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Jane

Banned

Looks like the Pro Bowl is out, and new "skill competitions" and flag football is in.

I like a comment I read earlier about this: "really looking forward to not watching that, either"

Flag football huh? I guess they want us to preview the league 10 years from now.

Looks like the Pro Bowl is out, and new "skill competitions" and flag football is in.

I like a comment I read earlier about this: "really looking forward to not watching that, either"
You can't blame them for trying something new. Pro Bowl has been absolute ass for the longest time and I've very much enjoyed watching the skills competitions with the different players.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Defense didn't lose the game for them tho. Miami is capable of being a high scoring offense. Bills D actually did a good enough job holding them to 21 points and keeping Hill in check for the most part.

Their offense lost it for them. Everyone thought it was going to be a high scoring shootout, but it came down to defense and mistakes made. Bills should have had far more points, but Miami's D and blitzing pressure caused a lot of key moments to end up in their favor.

Got to give that defense credit, they were on the field 90% of the game and delivered through to the end, while Bills offense was gassed.

I'll put it this way. I entered that game worrying "Is Miami on Buffalos level?" I finished that game with a confident NO.

We'll route them by 13+ next time we play.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'll put it this way. I entered that game worrying "Is Miami on Buffalos level?" I finished that game with a confident NO.

We'll route them by 13+ next time we play.
I came into the game worried Buffalo would blow Miami out, instead, they were held to 17 offensive points where it counted with all their offensive weapons at their disposal. Got to give a defense that was on the field for 90% of the game credit for stopping the most fearsome offense in the league, as you put it.

You can put up all the yards you want, control all the time of possessions you want, if you don't get it done where it counts, the scoreboard, you have yourself an 'any given Sunday' scenario.

Last edited:

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
We paid Taysom Hill $140 million to warm our bench and throw interceptions
wow, it feels like his life is a breeze.

ba-dum-tuss-jokes.gif

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Jesus.. concussion protocols are such a joke really

After last he week he should have benched for probably 3 months

That hit in real time looks so bad and is so excessive. It should be illegal

Lunarorbit

There's no way he should have been playing. Your 3-0 on a short week. Thursday night football is a mistake exactly for these reasons. The league was gonna ask Tua questions TODAY about his injuries, a day after the game.

Fuck this. Stuff like this makes me hate the owners for letting this shit continue to happen. Goddell is just a cover for them. Mike Webster was shaving his gums with a razor instead of a toothbrush and was homeless because of cte. Chris Benoit slaughtered his whole family cause of it.

TheGrat1

This team is not going to start looking right until we get Trubisky out of there and start Pickett. He is a 28 year old Mark Sanchez transitioning to the journeyman stage of his career before he hits the permanent backup stage. I can only guess how long it will take the staff to see this. We will waste another great defense with crap QB play just like 2019 if this continues.
Quoting my self because, 2 games later, nothing has changed.
We need to get Mitchell out of there. He is the type of QB you win with not because of. I do not even expect Pickett to be instantly spectacular, just to make the routine plays routinely. I can not count on Mitchell to do those things. He does not have the talent, never did. The Bears messed up by overestimating his small sample size in college and drafting him that high. If we redrafted the 2017 draft today he would not be selected until the 5th round.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Fuck that dolphins coach too and the socalled doctors that cleared him by pretending it's a back injury. Acting like we stupid :messenger_face_steam:

Shit like this makes me want to stop watching football

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Tom Brady looks weird.

That Lebron AT&T commercial makes no sense.

That other commercial where the family adopts a stray dog pisses me off because they swap dogs and don't think we notice.

NFL camera crew and announcers protecting the league is getting obvious.

Bill's are 4 - 0. Life is good!

spawn

I'm the only person who voted for the Pats. I will always be a Pats fan till the day I die. Brady or not. We will be the champs again

Football Reaction GIF by New England Patriots

That colts broncos game was one of the worst games I've ever watched. Luckily I fell asleep for most of the 3rd quarter.... Unfortunately I saw the ot
It was a shocker even by Thursday night standards. Sending out 2 shit teams often produces fun games as has happened in many London games. Not this time though. Ending was a perfect fit for the game. Just terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom