• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL '22/'23 |OT| Excessive Celebration Edition

Who will win Super Bowl 57?

• Buffalo Bills (one of the few likeable teams)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Los Angeles Rams (NFL's golden child)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Tom Brady Buccaneers

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • State Farm's Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Green Bay Packers (playoff filler)

• Cincinnati Bengals (marry me Burrow)

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Los Angeles Chargers (that other LA team)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys (no matter the odds, bet on them losing playoff round 1, trust me)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • San Francisco 49ers (come for the game, stay because your car was hijacked)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Baltimore Ravens (coolest color combo in the NFL)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tennessee Titans (2021 Media's Favorite Team Award)

• Denver Broncos (why draft QB's when you can just trade?)

• Las Vegas Raiders (every fan's excuse for a Vegas trip)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Indianapolis Colts (yeah they still exist)

• New England Patriots (Mac Jones simps)

• Philadelphia Eagles (I want them to win the SB for more funny IASIP episodes)

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Cleveland Browns (THEY HIRED WATSON LMAO)

• Miami Dolphins (pls give us Brady)

• Arizona Cardinals (people voluntarily live in that heat)

• New Orleans Saints (member Brees?)

• Pittsburg Steelers (it's okay because this is our rebuild year)

• Washington Red-Footba-Communi-Commanders

• Minnesota Vikings (they need to win a SB so they'll stop talking about bountygate)

• New York Giants (hey guys member when we ruined the Pat's perfect season?)

• Chicago Bears (I'm just trying to fill in the 25 poll cap)

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
The Vikes got the Packers today. Starting off the season with an L for sure. I have no faith in Minnestoa in year one of a new coaching staff to be anything but mediocre. What do you think Nobody_Important Nobody_Important ?

I am off the Packers bandwagon until Rogers retires.

I'm going through this season rooting for whoever has the best storyline at the time.

Fellow Packers fan here. Management really screwed us over by keeping Rodgers and letting go of players with far more talent. They left us with Aaron Jones (who is beastly), and an aging Randall Cobbs who isn't anything special. And Robert Tonyan who I really like. Since they got rid of amazing players and kept Rodgers (who has proven to be a master at choking), I am completely uninterested in the team this year. There's no chance of the Packers making it to the Super Bowl this year, let alone winning it.

SpiceRacz

Fellow Packers fan here. Management really screwed us over by keeping Rodgers and letting go of players with far more talent. They left us with Aaron Jones (who is beastly), and an aging Randall Cobbs who isn't anything special. And Robert Tonyan who I really like. Since they got rid of amazing players and kept Rodgers (who has proven to be a master at choking), I am completely uninterested in the team this year. There's no chance of the Packers making it to the Super Bowl this year, let alone winning it.

You're kidding, right?

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Looks like the Bengals are suffering from a classic Super Bowl hangover.

But yeah, whoo-hoo, Cowboys!

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
You're kidding, right?

Rodgers isn't consistent and is nowhere near the caliber that he was when he started. You're telling me that you don't think Davante Adams has more talent than Rodgers? Because the stats will disagree with you.

People really lost their minds when Rodgers shit-talked the holy vax :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What a troll post. I didn't get the COVID vaccine, and the vaccine has nothing to do with my opinion regarding Rodgers. Keep your ignorant troll comments to yourself.

Lunarorbit

You guys watchin arizona and raiders? Holy shit lol

One of the best days of Football I have seen in a long time.
My buddy and I were lamenting the late games last afternoon. Delay of game penalties. Weird timeouts. Looked like the raiders were gonna stomp the cards. Bengals wide outs were staring into space.

Then it got interesting. I've been thinking this for 2 decades but the Bengals need to spend more 1st round picks on OL. He got sacked 51 times last year and he's on pace for 111 sacks. Yikes! That's what helped finish former sack king David carrs career.

Lady Jane

Banned
If I was a GB fan, I would want Rodgers gone as well. The "who else are you going to play" excuse is short-term thinking. He's already on his way out and his post-season has proven to be abysmal. Save the team millions and don't give him another contract. Start rebuilding the team sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
With 1:55 left in the game and a 99.9% probability of winning, the Cleveland Browns managed to lose to the New York Jets.

Up 13 points (due to a missed extra point from our star kicker who's never missed an extra point), we gave up a 70-yard touchdown pass, failed to recover an onside kick, gave up another touchdown, and then threw an interception. All of this against an opponent with no timeouts left.

The last team to blow a lead like this? The 2001 Cleveland Browns. This franchise defies the laws of physics. The levels of failure required to produce a pattern of such abysmal results cannot be explained by science. We have entered the realm of the fucking supernatural. The Cleveland Browns haven't had a 2-0 start to their NFL season since 1993, and the universe literally ripped the fabric of reality to stop this win.

There is a God. Cleveland Browns fans know it - because he hates us. I swear, Judas Iscariot himself must be buried under our 50-yard line. It doesn't matter what we do, who we draft, who we pay the largest contract in NFL history, the massive talent on both sides of the ball, who's coaching..........we are damned. This was the worst loss I've ever seen from a team who is notorious for losing in the worst ways possible.

I don't know what to do anymore. The NFL should just ban Cleveland from having a football franchise at this point. In 10 years the gains Northeast Ohio will have due to improved mental health will be worth it. I cannot process what I witnessed Sunday. What a fucking disgrace of a team.

SpiceRacz

Rodgers isn't consistent and is nowhere near the caliber that he was when he started. You're telling me that you don't think Davante Adams has more talent than Rodgers? Because the stats will disagree with you.

Rodgers at his current age is still a top 3 quarterback. Some would argue he's still the best. I mean, he's just coming off 2 MVP years where he had combined 85 touchdowns to 9 interceptions. So, I don't know what stats you can point to that say Davante Adams is more talented. If we're strictly talking talent, he's probably the best ever at the position.

The bottom line is, you can argue Aaron Rodgers current place among the best QBs in the league, but no matter where he lands on that list, he's going to bring more value to a team than Davante Adams.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Rodgers at his current age is still a top 3 quarterback. Some would argue he's still the best. I mean, he's just coming off 2 MVP years where he had combined 85 touchdowns to 9 interceptions. So, I don't know what stats you can point to that say Davante Adams is more talented. If we're strictly talking talent, he's probably the best ever at the position.

The bottom line is, you can argue Aaron Rodgers current place among the best QBs in the league, but no matter where he lands on that list, he's going to bring more value to a team than Davante Adams.

What part of, "Rodgers isn't consistent," did you not understand?

Just look through Aaron Rodgers' rankings for yards per pass thrown from 2008 onward:

2008 - Rank 10
2009 - Rank 3
2010 - Rank 2
2011 - Rank 1
2012 - Rank 8
2013 - Rank 2
2014 - Rank 3
2015 - Rank 33
2016 - Rank 14
2017 - Rank 20
2018 - Rank 17
2019 - Rank 16
2020 - Rank 4
2021 - Rank 5
2022 - Rank 11 (ongoing)

That shows Rodgers ranked as 8th.

That shows Rodgers ranked as 22nd in overall consistency.

That shows Rodgers ranked as 10th.

In 2021 and 2022 he managed to get back to his pre-2015 self, but even last year he choked hard against the 49ers resulting in a single touchdown the entire game. Anyone who watched that game could see the myriad of errors that Rodgers made. The 49ers had a great defense, but Rodgers screwed up offensive plays just as often as the defense had great defensive plays.

The difference between Rodgers and Adams is consistency. Davante Adams is consistent, and Aaron Rodgers is so up-and-down. Just look at this season's passing yards per game:

The Packers are ranked 21st in passing yards per game. Their two teams were the Vikings with a defense ranked 18, and the Bears with a defense ranked 21. If this was the same Rodgers that played last year he would have wiped the floor with these teams this year. Instead, the Vikings beat the hell out of the Packers, and the Bears got destroyed by Aaron Jones far more than by Aaron Rodgers.

Last edited:
What the hell kind of word salad is that? Guys the stats say Davante has 9.3 talent and Rodgers has 8.5 talent! It's science! I found it in Madden! You just compare QBs and WRs by their OVR stat! :messenger_tears_of_joy:

And obviously it was a huge mistake to extend Rodgers after an MVP season considering that he, *checks notes*, followed his extension up with another "low-talent" MVP season.

What a troll post. I didn't get the COVID vaccine, and the vaccine has nothing to do with my opinion regarding Rodgers. Keep your ignorant troll comments to yourself.
Speaking of ignorance, the Packers didn't run Davante out the door to keep Rodgers anyway. They reportedly offered pretty much the same contract to him, but he wanted to go to Vegas because of a) his childhood dream of playing for the Raiders, and b) his weird hard-on for his college roomie David Carr. Literally bought the house next to him last year before he was even traded. How ya gonna dissuade a guy who's looking to have that Big Love shared backyard home life w/ his bestie? God only knows!

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Pegasus Actual Pegasus Actual , your responses show belie your childishness. Feel free to continue responding to me, but after two stupid posts back-to-back I don't plan on giving you the time of day going forward.

Pegasus Actual Pegasus Actual , your responses show belie your childishness. Feel free to continue responding to me, but after two stupid posts back-to-back I don't plan on giving you the time of day going forward.
I can't, and thus shan't attempt to keep up with your vigorous, mature, and intellectual debate any further. Indeed, I did not check the 'most consistent fantasy football QB list', which of course proves just how bad of a quarterback Rodgers is. For there is no purer analysis in all sports than.... fantasy points. Were it not for my hasty desire to score internet points I might not have foolishly stumbled into a predicament so avoidable. Well met good sir and fare thee well!

I shall endeavor to do better on the morrow and can only hope that one day forgiveness might find this wretched soul, and that my exile from this discourse most noble might not yet be engraved in stone.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I guess. I don't like either team but I could see myself supporting the bills this year all the way to the superbowl then support whoever they play. Unless it's Dallas of course!
why-are-you-the-way-you-are-the-office.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I see the Prime audio sync is still an issue in their stream. Video quality is better this week, but the audio sync still rears its ugly head.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Audio is fine on my sky sports stream in the UK. I cant even see an amazon prime stream for it here but it is on twitch.
It's a Prime stream issue. Has been an issue since preseason. The picture quality is stellar this go round tho.

Edit: They fixed it and it finally synced up. Good shit.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Minnesota wasn't satisfied with the embarrassing Monday performance now they are sucking balls to the lions. The Lions!

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
I haven't watched a full game in over 10 years and of course I recognise NO ONE :messenger_grinning_squinting:

That Bills/Dolphins game was a helluva watch though!

EDIT: Holy crap Aaron Rodgers is still playing!

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Buffalo outgained Miami by 300 yards.

The record might not show it, but that's a win. Bills have no peers in this league.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The Vikings pulled it out. They shouldn't have struggled so much. God, I hate this team but I just can't quit them!

Jake Gyllenhaal Love GIF

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nope. Can't watch that game and think Miami is anywhere close to Buffalo. The Bills are still Godzilla while the rest of the league are the little people running around in horror.
Miami's defense showed up and kept them out of the endzone in key moments. That's any given Sunday for you. I mean shit, they almost had 3 to 4 picks in that game if they didn't drop them. If Allen or Fitz ever goes down, that team is done. No depth.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Miami's defense showed up and kept them out of the endzone in key moments. That's any given Sunday for you. I mean shit, they almost had 3 to 4 pick in that game if they didn't drop them. If Allen or Fitz ever goes down, that team is done. No depth.

Nah. You got to watch sports through the lens of what's repeatable and what's not.

- Buffalo started that game with 6 backups on defense. Then proceeded to suffer injuries at a significantly higher rate than Miami throughout the game. Miamis home field heat advantage is officially over. Things cool considerably in October.

- Any team with a top 5 QB is done if they go down. That's the nature of the game. This game showed that Allen and Tua are separated by about 3 tiers. That being said, our backups outplayed their starters. Buffalo is probably one of the deepest teams in the league.

- Turnovers are fluky. Miami can't expect to win the turnover battle next time.

- Buffalo had possession more than 2x the Dolphins and outgained them by 300 yards.

After watching that game, there are 0 Dolphins fans excited to play Buffalo later in the year and every Bills fan can't wait for round 2.

That's a win.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Nah. You got to watch sports through the lens of what's repeatable and what's not.

- Buffalo started that game with 6 backups on defense. Then proceeded to suffer injuries at a significantly higher rate than Miami throughout the game. Miamis home field heat advantage is officially over.

- Any team with a top 5 QB is done if they go down. That's the nature of the game. This game showed that Allen and Tua are separated by about 3 tiers. That being said, our backups outplayed their starters. Buffalo is probably one of the deepest teams in the league.

- Turnovers are fluky. Miami can't expect to win the turnover battle next time.

- Buffalo had possession more than 2x the Dolphins and outgained them by 300 yards.

After watching that game, there are 0 Dolphins fans excited to play Buffalo later in the year and every Bills fan can't wait for round 2.

That's a win.
Defense didn't lose the game for them tho. Miami is capable of being a high scoring offense. Bills D actually did a good enough job holding them to 21 points and keeping Hill in check for the most part.

Their offense lost it for them. Everyone thought it was going to be a high scoring shootout, but it came down to defense and mistakes made. Bills should have had far more points, but Miami's D and blitzing pressure caused a lot of key moments to end up in their favor.

Got to give that defense credit, they were on the field 90% of the game and delivered through to the end, while Bills offense was gassed.

Last edited:

SpiceRacz

Thought for sure Trevor Lawrence was going to be a bust. He looks really good these past 2 games and has been very efficient. Complete 180 from last year.

Pejo

Looks like the Pro Bowl is out, and new "skill competitions" and flag football is in.

I like a comment I read earlier about this: "really looking forward to not watching that, either"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom