• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL '22/'23 |OT| Excessive Celebration Edition

Who will win Super Bowl 57?

• Buffalo Bills (one of the few likeable teams)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Los Angeles Rams (NFL's golden child)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Tom Brady Buccaneers

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • State Farm's Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Green Bay Packers (playoff filler)

• Cincinnati Bengals (marry me Burrow)

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Los Angeles Chargers (that other LA team)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys (no matter the odds, bet on them losing playoff round 1, trust me)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • San Francisco 49ers (come for the game, stay because your car was hijacked)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Baltimore Ravens (coolest color combo in the NFL)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tennessee Titans (2021 Media's Favorite Team Award)

• Denver Broncos (why draft QB's when you can just trade?)

• Las Vegas Raiders (every fan's excuse for a Vegas trip)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Indianapolis Colts (yeah they still exist)

• New England Patriots (Mac Jones simps)

• Philadelphia Eagles (I want them to win the SB for more funny IASIP episodes)

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Cleveland Browns (THEY HIRED WATSON LMAO)

• Miami Dolphins (pls give us Brady)

• Arizona Cardinals (people voluntarily live in that heat)

• New Orleans Saints (member Brees?)

• Pittsburg Steelers (it's okay because this is our rebuild year)

• Washington Red-Footba-Communi-Commanders

• Minnesota Vikings (they need to win a SB so they'll stop talking about bountygate)

• New York Giants (hey guys member when we ruined the Pat's perfect season?)

• Chicago Bears (I'm just trying to fill in the 25 poll cap)

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Yesterday was such a great day: both cowboys and bills lose. Oh yeah!
I enjoy Buffalo teams losing.

Where I live all the US network channels are Buffalo affiliates, so when it comes to sports it's all about Bills, Sabres and whatever minor league baseball team they got. I dont watch network TV in 20 years, but back in the 90s the channels were so amped up on Jim Kelly and Pat Lafontaine and the tv sportscasters were homers like Ed Kilgore and Brian Blessing for probably 25 years. But since the teams never win, it's such a downer for the newscasts since the rest of the news is all about crime and house fires in Tonawanda or Lackawonda or Cheetowaga because the city has lots of wooden homes.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm no football pro, but the team is down to the final play, a solid 70 yards away from the end zone and the team calls for a play he passes for 10 yards up the middle which surrounded by red shirts.

Am I missing something?
They were going to pitch the ball back (lateral) to each other in a hook and ladder, but he threw right into a sea of tacklers.

Kind of like this,

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Where I live all the US network channels are Buffalo affiliates, so when it comes to sports it's all about Bills, Sabres and whatever minor league baseball team they got. I dont watch network TV in 20 years, but back in the 90s the channels were so amped up on Jim Kelly and Pat Lafontaine and the tv sportscasters were homers like Ed Kilgore and Brian Blessing for probably 25 years. But since the teams never win, it's such a downer for the newscasts since the rest of the news is all about crime and house fires in Tonawanda or Lackawonda or Cheetowaga because the city has lots of wooden homes.
That's how it is for me in my area with the cowboys. I don't even live in Texas, but even up here in Memphis, TN. all the local channels are all about dem cowboys! Cowboys this and cowboys that. I fucking hate that team. lol

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

I grew up in Lackawanna! About a half mile from the Basilica! You betray your people with such a post. To abandon one's own is a sign of true immorality.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I grew up in Lackawanna! About a half mile from the Basilica! You betray your people with such a post. To abandon one's own is a sign of true immorality.
Dont worry. You can laugh at me too. I'm across the lake. Leafs havent won since 1967, and we'll never get an NFL team even though people want one and follow it more than the shitty CFL.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I noticed a lot of defense in that 9ers, boys game. A lot of good tackles and interceptions. Bengals/Chiefs, California team, and random team (Bucs last year) really isn’t that different than last years AFC/NFC ‘chip games.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Dont worry. You can laugh at me too. I'm across the lake. Leafs havent won since 1967, and we'll never get an NFL team even though people want one and follow it more than the shitty CFL.

Lol, it was pretty scary for us in Buffalo for a year or two when Toronto was flirting with Bills ownership and you guys got a few of our home games.

Still, nothing but respect for you Canadians. Whenever I crossed the boarder your people seemed friendly and you kept your cities clean. You've now catapulted yourself as one of my top 10 favorite posters on NeoGAF!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Lol, it was pretty scary for us in Buffalo for a year or two when Toronto was flirting with Bills ownership and you guys got a few of our home games.

Still, nothing but respect for you Canadians. Whenever I crossed the boarder your people seemed friendly and you kept your cities clean. You've now catapulted yourself as one of my top 10 favorite posters on NeoGAF!
Skydome was never meant to be good at anything, just a jack of all trades enclosed stadium that can do anything under a roof which retracts. The only thing going for it is the roof prevents any rainouts. It's awful for football games as I did some CFL ones way back before they moved to BMO Field. Inside, it's the most grey concrete structure ever!

As for Buffalo I go at least once a year with buddies and we hit a Sabres game. We always do Pearl St Grill (best pizza) and usually do Founding Fathers. Often we do Swannies and whatever is walking distance. Sometimes we'll take that streetcar metro north a bit.

No doubt the chillest people so thats why we always go. Super friendly people at every pub. And I like how it's a blue collar vibe in pubs since the music is more like 80s rock and Bon Jovi which I like!

I've been to a Bills game I think 3 times. Havent been in years. Also a great time. Never had or saw an issue even though you always hear about NFL drunks. Only problem with Bills games is each time we drove ourselves (next time thinking about doing those $250 tour bus deals) because unless we are doing it wrong it takes forever to park at the stadium and get out. One time we drove through a neighbourhood shouting distance to the stadium an parked in a muddy field beside someone's house! Everyone was doing it!

Last edited:
D day tomorrow! Anyone making any picks or bets?
Eagles niners is 50/50 imo

Chiefs is 70/30

Im in a playoff long fantasy challenge where you choose 1 player from every playoff team at the start of wild card wknd, and the winner is based of total points for the 4 weeks. Out of the 4 teams i submitted, 2 are top 3. To maintain any success i really need aj brown and mixon to shine

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
really hoping for a KELCE finals 🙏🙏🙏

but I think mahomes is compromised and for some reason we can't beat the bagels so I'm not too hopeful

D day tomorrow! Anyone making any picks or bets?
49ers win and Purdymania hits a new high

Seriously though, I'm not sure how this game will go. I will say that there is a lot of talk about Purdy succumbing to the pressure of being in the NFC Championship due to lack of experience, but there doesn't seem to be any doubt in Jalen Hurts tomorrow despite this being just his second playoff game.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Buf_at_KC___Josh_Allen_sack_3.gif

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Brock Purdy is kinda like a young Tom Brady, finding people in the back of end zones, the 49ers defense could win against the Eagles.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Going for broke.

Got moneyline bets $20 on Eagles and $10 on Bengals.

If I win, I can treat myself to a Chinese take out combo for 2.

Watching some ESPN pregame show and the blonde chick is hot as hell.

Last edited:

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Dam this is a disaster

Unless they can get purdy back at half this is over t.t

Dam this qb is baaad

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Yeah doesn’t look like the Niners will keep hanging on much longer…happy to be wrong but the Eagles aren’t the worst NFC team.

edit

Jesus I said that before Johnson went out too

Last edited:

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I told y'all. It's all luck at this point in the season. The Lombardi Trophy always goes to the luckiest great team...not the best team in the league.

The Buffalo Bills were UNARGUABLY the best team in 2022. We did it!

elfmrv0ob2rch6mtweo7.jpg
Yeah and any minute now the Niners are gonna have Purdy air it out and show everyone they were faking his injury and sandbagging the first 3 quarters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom