• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL '22/'23 |OT| Excessive Celebration Edition

Who will win Super Bowl 57?

• Buffalo Bills (one of the few likeable teams)

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Los Angeles Rams (NFL's golden child)

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • Tom Brady Buccaneers

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • State Farm's Kansas City Chiefs

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Green Bay Packers (playoff filler)

• Cincinnati Bengals (marry me Burrow)

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Los Angeles Chargers (that other LA team)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dallas Cowboys (no matter the odds, bet on them losing playoff round 1, trust me)

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • San Francisco 49ers (come for the game, stay because your car was hijacked)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Baltimore Ravens (coolest color combo in the NFL)

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Tennessee Titans (2021 Media's Favorite Team Award)

• Denver Broncos (why draft QB's when you can just trade?)

• Las Vegas Raiders (every fan's excuse for a Vegas trip)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Indianapolis Colts (yeah they still exist)

• New England Patriots (Mac Jones simps)

• Philadelphia Eagles (I want them to win the SB for more funny IASIP episodes)

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Cleveland Browns (THEY HIRED WATSON LMAO)

• Miami Dolphins (pls give us Brady)

• Arizona Cardinals (people voluntarily live in that heat)

• New Orleans Saints (member Brees?)

• Pittsburg Steelers (it's okay because this is our rebuild year)

• Washington Red-Footba-Communi-Commanders

• Minnesota Vikings (they need to win a SB so they'll stop talking about bountygate)

• New York Giants (hey guys member when we ruined the Pat's perfect season?)

• Chicago Bears (I'm just trying to fill in the 25 poll cap)

Votes: 6 7.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Predictions/wishes for the games this weekend?

- 49ers roll
giphy.gif

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I still need to watch all the MTV Superbowl and That Swiss Tunnel celebrations/ceremonies for reasons I rather don't expand on. Oh shit and Olympics

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Media tried to sell this as a potential upset just because Giants beat the Vikings with their poorish defense. It was all good a little over an hour ago💀☠️💀☠️

Last edited:

TheBTL

Neo Member
Media tried to sell this as a potential upset just because Giants beat the Vikings with their poorish defense. It was all good a little over an hour ago💀☠️💀☠️
I was trying to explain to people all week that the Vikings defense was historically bad for a 13 win team. A defense that allowed 450 points on the year….

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Media will upsell everything to catch and retain viewers.

Watch UFC (like I'm doing now) and every match is hyped up by Joe Rogan and whichever former fighter is sitting beside him. The first prelim fight between two nonames will be hyped up like it's Tyson vs Holyfield.

Every sporting event with a blowout is the same. A hockey game is 5-0 and I've never heard a commentator say the game is over and dnt bother watching. If anything the side kick play by play guy might toss in a comment like "you never know, that team can the talent to make a comeback". Ya sure, it's 5-0 with 10 minutes to go in the game. They'll be lucky to score even 1 goal.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
tbh, this is a bad matchup for the Bills, but it looks like the NFL is getting what they want with this new playoff format.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Bills pass rush is a 0. We spent 3 high value picks on edge rushers over the last 3 years. Brandon Beane has forsaken us!

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Sweet! My high rolling bet paid off!

Bet a whopping $5 on Bengals at 2:1 odds moneyline paying $15, but I cashed out early for $12 and change. Ya! Made over $7!

My equally giant moneyline bet tonight on Cowboys $5, pays $13.

Swimming in cash.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Following the NFL is like dating a fruit fly. Your heart must be prepared for the funeral and then you romance a new fruit fly the next year.

Completely irrational.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The Bills were still the best team in the NFL during the 2022 season.

Once luck got in the way (injuries + weather) the less talented teams can bounce their way up top to win the 2nd tier trophy at the end of the year. It's more important to be the best team before the season starts as no luck is involved.

Nevertheless, Go Bengals!

demigod

Holyshit this dude is cursed. That’s 5 missed extra point granted this one was blocked.

Actually it looked like it was going to the left so he would’ve missed anyways.

Last edited:

gothmog

Gold Member
The Bills were still the best team in the NFL during the 2022 season.

Once luck got in the way (injuries + weather) the less talented teams can bounce their way up top to win the 2nd tier trophy at the end of the year. It's more important to be the best team before the season starts as no luck is involved.

Nevertheless, Go Bengals!
They weren't even the third best team this season. Chiefs, Eagles, and 49ers all had better seasons. Eagles probably would have had one loss if Hurts didn't get...hurt.

Bills hit a team that played better in the snow than they did. Allen is still a good QB. He's not the best but he's miles better than the trash they were drafting.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
They weren't even the third best team this season. Chiefs, Eagles, and 49ers all had better seasons. Eagles probably would have had one loss if Hurts didn't get...hurt.

Bills hit a team that played better in the snow than they did. Allen is still a good QB. He's not the best but he's miles better than the trash they were drafting.

You misunderstand me.

The Bills, when fully healthy (start of season), were the best of the best. Then, due to injury and luck weather, lost some games. Those are not controllable variables.

So the Bills truly were the best team of the 2022 season. Their advanced statistics were light years better than everyone else's before Von Miller (highest paid player on D) was lost to injury. Eagles had one of the easiest schedules in the league all year. That stuff matters.

Lambardi Trophy goes to luckiest good team in league. I hope that's the Bengals.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Dak is crap. He even got lucky he didn't get clobbered for a safety the last minute of the game. The guy basically just stood there in the corner of end zone but luckily spun off the hit.

Im from Dallas, I love this team but I have said from his rookie year he is not he guy he has never passed the eye test. What a joke, the Cowboys are going to ruin the career of Micah Parsons by betting on Trash Prescott. Awful.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
How bout dem Cowboys!?

Steven A going to be must see TV tomorrow.
I;m not a football fan. But I watch playoffs and will do some pocket change bets for laughs. Keeps me interested.

Now that the Cowboys are done, I wont have to hear from the few resident Cowboy fans at work who go on Teams meetings dressed up in football gear with a Dallas background. Next week at some point I'll probably be in a conference call with them. I'm interested to know if the Cowboys background gets taken down.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I dont follow 49ers.

Is Brock Purdy supposed to be this good? It says he was drafted 7th round!

Is he the future if Garrapolo leaves? Or is Purdy just having a lucky run? Going by his game log, he's been consistently good for his small stretch of games.

Last edited:
I dont follow 49ers.

Is he the future if Garrapolo leaves? Or is Purdy just having a lucky run? Going by his game log, he's been consistently good for his small stretch of games.
Lance was supposed to be the future with Jimmy backing him up this year, but Purdy has played better than both of them so far and has seemingly obtained the starting job for next season.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
You misunderstand me.

The Bills, when fully healthy (start of season), were the best of the best. Then, due to injury and luck weather, lost some games. Those are not controllable variables.

So the Bills truly were the best team of the 2022 season. Their advanced statistics were light years better than everyone else's before Von Miller (highest paid player on D) was lost to injury. Eagles had one of the easiest schedules in the league all year. That stuff matters.

Lambardi Trophy goes to luckiest good team in league. I hope that's the Bengals.
gI9R0tM.jpg

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I dont follow 49ers.

If the 49ers win the super bowl I think Purdy will be the starter for sure next year. Anything less and it will be between him and Lance for QB1 with the other as backup. Don't see how Jimmy G fits in on this team next year.

49ers vs Eagles is going to be a tough match up for the 49ers.

You misunderstand me.

That's not how it works pal.
Even with no one injured they still wouldn't be the best team. A lot of people (including me) and the bookies also saw them at the top in the beginning of the season but Joe Shiesty showed them their place.

On another note:
Won a big 1,8k parlay thanks to the 49ers. Thank you for those interceptions Dak!

If the 49ers win the super bowl I think Purdy will be the starter for sure next year. Anything less and it will be between him and Lance for QB1 with the other as backup. Don't see how Jimmy G fits in on this team next year.

49ers vs Eagles is going to be a tough match up for the 49ers.
i think even if theyre a runner up theyll keep purdy. I dont see the need for them to create the circus and drama of a qb competition. trade lance while he still commands some value.

i heard theyre going to need to pay up to keep bosa (iirc) around, but theyre going to have to cut aiyuk. well, at least thats the smartest path to navigate. use your picks and trade pieces to bolster the surrounding team and fill that wr2 hole

Last edited:

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
i think even if theyre a runner up theyll keep purdy. I dont see the need for them to create the circus and drama of a qb competition. trade lance while he still commands some value.

i heard theyre going to need to pay up to keep bosa (iirc) around, but theyre going to have to cut aiyuk. well, at least thats the smartest path to navigate. use your picks and trade pieces to bolster the surrounding team and fill that wr2 hole

I dont think Lance has any trade value and def nowhere near what they gave up to get him. 49ers showed this year how important a good backup qb is especially in their offense so unless they bring back Jimmy G again I see Brock and Lance both being on the roster next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom