• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Next-gen Racing Graphics Face-off | (Next-gen means current-gen)

Sebmugi

AC visually is amazing :messenger_smiling_hearts:
while waiting for FH5 some photos of 4 on XSX ^^

1627021497-21-07-2021-18-53-40-lxjzb3eh-resultat.jpg

1627021500-21-07-2021-18-53-42-5yonwo53-resultat.jpg

1627021512-18-07-2021-21-09-39-nyjnnpyr-resultat.jpg

1627021538-21-07-2021-18-53-39-txn2jq4e-resultat.jpg

1627021701-22-07-2021-18-52-33-2ydfeycb-resultat.jpg

1627021704-21-07-2021-18-53-39-ptzgltlw-resultat.jpg

1627021715-21-07-2021-18-53-41-bqz32yog-resultat.jpg

1627021722-22-07-2021-18-52-33-z0yhse03-resultat.jpg

Last edited:

FukuDaruma

Oh fuck off that ain't in-game
Is it ? What magic bullshit is this
:messenger_tears_of_joy:
Yes, it is. Thanks to modding Assetto Corsa is the best sim racing game there is.

This look is a mix of 'Custom Shaders Patch' config + Reshade config. The guy keeps improving it and posts the configs in some of the videos:

j7R50TS.png

and links to all the stuff:

My settings Custom shades patch: https://acstuff.ru/s/lAGUjY
My settings video: https://acstuff.ru/s/8e9fmA
Sol: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sol.24914/
Csp Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/x4fab/posts
Screenshot: https://sharemods.com/4m4ghtr6376u/screenshot.rar.html
https://reshade.me/

Last edited:
Are these like replay stuff only or is it like this ingame too ? These last couple of videos is like literally the max u can go with graphics I mean u can literally ask a 100 people and 90+ would say it's real life

FukuDaruma

Are these like replay stuff only or is it like this ingame too ? These last couple of videos is like literally the max u can go with graphics I mean u can literally ask a 100 people and 90+ would say it's real life
It's exactly the same during gameplay. The config does not change for replays. The only difference is during replays he is using Camtool2 mod, which uses better cameras BUT in fact makes the performance worse, as it introduces hitches and framerate drops that doesn't occur during normal gameplay. That's why some of his videos are not smooth 60fps, but they would be during gameplay.

Here you can see gameplay helmet camera view:

Not everything is at the same level of realism. Overcast is almost perfect, but other weather conditions are not the same. He is still playing a lot with the config, and sometimes goes too far with the "tv look". His config is one of the best I've seen so far, but it's aimed at mimicking a "TV" or "video" look, not a naturalistic human eye look.

keraj37

Reshade is always shown off in flat lighting conditions, does the illusion shatter once the sun comes out or something.
I was thinking about the same, and I came to conclusion that there is a coincidence that overcast light conditions are really easy to simulate in games due to simple algorithms like AO, and yet our brain tells us it looks real, because it does.
There is very few games that look real with sun in full strength.

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
GT7 ray tracing?
bLJcNkE.png

We don't even know if thats RT, it could be just cubemaps. But still worst part is its not even in game, why use low quality RT when the quality looks worse than the cubemaps in GTS (which where ok in scape mode and menu). Its just only the car in a empty space with nothing else to render. Even GT6 did it better on PS3
bmUploads_2013-05-15_2615_Light-Car-Company-Rocket-07_73Rear.jpg

GTS
ILs8UuJ.jpeg

But there is still 6 months to go, hopefully they improve it.

xPikYx

For modders it's not just a job, they actually like the game they work on.
I'd add that modders are not driven from pleasing anybody or generate money income and as such the can take risks that developer companies cannot, an example is the Resident Evil 4 HD remaster mod, is 1000times better than the official ultimate hd version made by Capcom

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
For modders it's not just a job, they actually like the game they work on.
I'd add that modders are not driven from pleasing anybody or generate money income and as such the can take risks that developer companies cannot, an example is the Resident Evil 4 HD remaster mod, is 1000times better than the official ultimate hd version made by Capcom
Modders are making some incredible mods but you have to take into account that they have no time limit and aren't working under pressure without a deathline. And some devs are restricting there artist and editors to make there game easier for the normal players instead going full out with all those effects. Like the rain in Forza Motorsport 7, they have purposely reduced the rain effects on the windshield and back of the car to make it more visible during heavy rain. People complained that they didn't see anything which is exactly what a heavy rain storm would look like but the majority of the players didn't like it so they reduced the effect.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I'm a PlayStation fan, but I've gotta say GT7 is very disappointing. The cars look very nice as always, but in all other ways this game is absolutely murdered by FH5 et al. The days of Polyphony being market leaders in visuals are long past.

Yes, GT7 seems to be lacking geometric detail in the environments.

xPikYx

Modders are making some incredible mods but you have to take into account that they have no time limit and aren't working under pressure without a deathline. And some devs are restricting there artist and editors to make there game easier for the normal players instead going full out with all those effects. Like the rain in Forza Motorsport 7, they have purposely reduced the rain effects on the windshield and back of the car to make it more visible during heavy rain. People complained that they didn't see anything which is exactly what a heavy rain storm would look like but the majority of the players didn't like it so they reduced the effect.
That's exactly what I said, modders don't do things to please everyone, they do things for themselves and share with others, they are driven by passion not by money

No car game is beating this for the generation. I mean real-to-life fidelity in a car game not cartoon design. The lighting is key.
it's far too early to make that prediction. Actually, making any predictions about GT prior to the game's release is too early. Polyphony are masters at sidespeak and hype creation.

When it comes to graphics and fidelity, GT has always been immediately surpassed by the following Forza release. There's nothing to suggest that won't be the case with this here as well.

Inviusx

it's far too early to make that prediction. Actually, making any predictions about GT prior to the game's release is too early. Polyphony are masters at sidespeak and hype creation.

When it comes to graphics and fidelity, GT has always been immediately surpassed by the following Forza release. There's nothing to suggest that won't be the case with this here as well.

Has that actually ever happened though? I don't think FM7 looked better than GTS...

GT7 is very uneven, the cars and lighting are nice but the environments are all over the place, some spots look good and others look awful. Those buildings look terrible, when they show and angle later in the state of play where the cars are heading towards the screen you can see a really low res awful looking hill behind them, I don't know why they included that in the show it was terrible.

Top Bottom