• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Zealand's new flag might be Silver Fern (Red, White, and Blue)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 has a cool shape, but I'm not a fan of the black and white colouring. The fern is fancy but difficult to draw, I prefer the one in blue and black but only because the black and white looks dull and the blue and red looks like an American sportsteam-logo.

Log4Girlz

Kiwis?

ge4Hqdh.jpg

More like Nazis amirite? Lololol

Why are you getting rid of the Union Jack bit?

The problem with their current flag is that the union jack looks cropped in paint. The concept is not ugly, but it would be improved if you extended the arms of the jack to the actual border of the flag

Hypron

Yeah I'll probably vote for 2. I don't like any of the other ones. Doesn't help that we have 3 variants of the same flag that all suffer from the same issue (overly complex shape).

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Voting has officially begun! Took a few days to get my papers.

hlwXHUCTWXWyuGhlPNXdOhUf1zWMYEyFS4A2lfR47KMR-NZxPxCvpiRYpmj5UkaPO3GjQTTaEdmrEMCnkI4GTQZFfoJtFTsfXix6dJBsSrvyXIZYHUYwrP-MMtT-uvuvnyAJyUtDkw37lCVs6ZR-i_poy_95gvEhigokgE0LsRfrGupmqwE13rkyCFTdhJBfYaGWvhtUex-6XjnuPEpmJmX6e7acDkaZicATyYiVDfNfR0QL8ABP-Zuxy4Lj5Ti7wCw90wTfA168G3QKUsFOyGcwhUoioyj-fRUCyav_dE27K73MRo5oHk-XpAfpWw3D6rL8EQXxjw25mlbzx7BQcXb7sK5-vhCFYGla5XUuGJ0WpQrpSh4Ps6ecR6ssidkVATvTgCrOSPgvdM96shuNZc1YOk2qLPk-7DxOkPwZlkQkrV54cKPr680iiPM8zdiY8izSrnkhMaBKQRyFxPlWMnljVmPTRL2lT42ZnYijHK3SgFDIqRArwES9bv2wkZxoHK1g4VQNEo-mXz6y9scXxi4dMlwsaqcBknV-d08D9HD7=w1274-h955-no

Excellent ballot design and display. I've done some work with with the NZ Electoral Commission over the last few months and they've been total pros and very helpful, can't sing their praises enough.

(On that note, if any older Kiwis who are also political junkies here are reading this, I'd love it if you could get in touch with me. I'm interested in talking about experiences voting before the MMP reform, ideally for people who were voting in the 80s.)

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
I know this is unlikely but I hope New Zealand sticks with what they have. I could always tell the difference between it and the Aussie one. I find them iconic and dig them.

dejay

Banned
I was in NZ a week ago and they showed the ad on TV about the choice of new flags. When they actually showed real examples of them flying in the breeze, this one just looked better than the others in my opinion.

Unfortunately I can't find the ad.

Mohonky

To be honest there isn't a flag there I don't like more than the current, they all look pretty good.

Wish we (Australia) would lose the Union Jack, it looks shit.

Mohonky

Oi, that's treason mate. Next you'll be telling me you wanna get rid of Liz.

Dunno why we didnt :p pretty sure I voted to leave the commonwealth.

The Union Jack just doesn't look good to me, maybe because it reminds me of the British flag but it just looks so typically English, I would prefer the Aboriginal flag or something similar that is uniquely Australian.

Log4Girlz

Dunno why we didnt :p pretty sure I voted to leave the commonwealth.

The Union Jack just doesn't look good to me, maybe because it reminds me of the British flag but it just looks so typically English, I would prefer the Aboriginal flag or something similar that is uniquely Australian.

What about something cool as shit like this

jZ8Kw1i.jpg

That reminds me. Hawaii needs to change their state flag.

dejay

Banned
Oi, that's treason mate. Next you'll be telling me you wanna get rid of Liz.

I vote to keep the monarch as head of state of Australia until Liz abdicates or carks it.

I also put forward to motion that we bury Tony Abbott alive with her when she dies, but I realise that may be a little controversial.

What about something cool as shit like this

jZ8Kw1i.jpg

That reminds me. Hawaii needs to change their state flag.

I'd vote for it in a flash, great flag with heritage but it has been co-opted by the Union movement and therefore the other side would never ever ever ever ever allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom