• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trump Adviser Being Sued for Hiring White Men to Attack Black Patrons

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaonaut

49491670.cached.jpg

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-sued-for-hiring-whites-to-attack-blacks.html

Reed Cordish allegedly called black customers ‘urbans’ and hired thugs to scare them away from his restaurants and clubs. Now he’s got a job in the White House.

But the Power and Light District, a half-million-square-foot downtown shopping and entertainment center, has a dark reputation among the city’s black community. Two separate lawsuits against the companies say the area is commonly referred to as the “Power and White District” for its owner’s alleged record of racial discrimination.

Martinez said she even heard Miller pick up a DJ’s microphone at the club and demand, “Get that fucking n**ger music off here.”

William Whitlock, a former Cordish employee who is black, testified that Miller personally threatened him after seeing black people in his club.

“He made the comment that if he ever saw this many n**gers in the building again, he would chain the doors and burn it down with me inside,” Whitlock said. “He was embarrassed and horrified to see what we had done to his club.”

One way Cordish’s company would allegedly scare African-Americans away was to hire a “rabbit,” Martinez said.

“A ‘rabbit’ was a white kid who got free drinks to go around the District, do whatever he wanted, so long as he singled out blacks and started confrontations with them,” Martinez said.

One “rabbit” even testified to the scheme.

Thomas Alexitch said in a sworn affidavit that he was hired to work as an instigator at the Cordish-owned Mosaic club, after supervisors allegedly complained of the club “attracting the wrong kind of crowd.”

Alexitch said his job was to “start altercations with certain groups of people. By starting these altercations, I ensured that these groups of people would be kicked out of the club.”

There is a lot more in the article, but this shit is heinous.

rjinaz

So at this point Trump is just looking for villainous people. How long before he starts searching in prisons for staffers?

BajiBoxer

Banned
What the fuck... It's crazy to me that someone could do this and not go to prison.

Fake edit: Ok, not crazy now, but I one time I would have assumed this kind of shit would be punished harshly.

phaonaut

What the fuck... It's crazy to me that someone could do this and not go to prison.

Fake edit: Ok, not crazy now, but I one time I would have assumed this kind of shit would be punished harshly.

It would seem that way, but who are they going to call? the police? I think we know who's side they would take.

A lot of economic anxiety at these nightclubs.

Lol seriously this does not surprise me at all. This White House administration man...

mackattk

Reality is putting Onion writers out of a job.

Onion needs to be a real investigative reporting website now. They have been creating fake outlandish "joke" news for over ten years. They have the training, now they are ready for primetime.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Of course he's been hired into the White House.

This is up there with the photo of that asshole manager pouring acid into the hotel pool because he wanted black people to get out of it.

commedieu

Banned
Girls, girls, girls!

If we just sat him down for a conversation, we could probably change his mind on these things. You never know, BOTH sides could learn a thing or two about hiring white people to beat up black people.

This guy will fit right in with Trump, Steve Bannon,Jeff Sessions, and the rest of trumps hateful bunch. I hope everyone is ready to fight for their rights as citizens because they will soon be under an attack we have not seen for quite sometime.

Reminds me years ago when Dolce was in Atlantic Station and on Friday and Saturday nights it would essentially turn into a club filled with predominately African American working professionals, and around Christmas time one of the owners who was White flew in from LA and came with a huge group of family and friends who were also White to eat there and it was hilarious to see how mortified he was seeing the DJ setup and all of these Black people there. I remember that night he immediately shut it down and told management to never do it again.

Next weekend after he left, it was right back into a Club. LOL

Shaanyboi

Banned
You don't have to try and surprise me by telling me Trump's cabinet is full of repugnant pieces of subhuman trash...

But of course this is perfectly acceptable to his voters.

PixelatedBookake

Its so hard for this shit to surprise me now. When you're fucking around with Trump in the White House, I'm not surprised if you're a toxic human.

”A ‘rabbit' was a white kid who got free drinks to go around the District, do whatever he wanted, so long as he singled out blacks and started confrontations with them," Martinez said.
One ”rabbit" even testified to the scheme.
Thomas Alexitch said in a sworn affidavit that he was hired to work as an instigator at the Cordish-owned Mosaic club, after supervisors allegedly complained of the club ”attracting the wrong kind of crowd."
Alexitch said his job was to ”start altercations with certain groups of people. By starting these altercations, I ensured that these groups of people would be kicked out of the club."
Superiors allegedly told him which groups to target.
”I would estimate that 90 percent of the people I started altercations with were African Americans," Alexitch said.
WHAT.

William Whitlock, a former Cordish employee who is black, testified that Miller personally threatened him after seeing black people in his club.
”He made the comment that if he ever saw this many n**gers in the building again, he would chain the doors and burn it down with me inside," Whitlock said.
THE. FUCK.
Seems to me that Black folk should boycott whatever business this guy is affiliated with. Since he doesnt want our money anyway.

Nonetheless, Christina Martinez, a former manager at a "District" club, claimed in court testimony that she heard Reed Cordish himself on multiple occasions use code words such as "urbans" to refer to African-Americans. Employees were encouraged to use the code to exclude black customers, she said.
The same shit Trump and his father did when they were sued by the DOJ for refusing to rent apartments to Black people.
The Daily Beast story has this guy's own employees ratting him out, what judge did they bribe to get the lawsuit dismissed.

Hypron

A racist piece of garbage is surrounding itself with other racist pieces of garbage?

1317_emoji_iphone_thinking_face.png

Really surprising, who'd have thunk.

RS4-

Of course he's been hired into the White House.

This is up there with the photo of that asshole manager pouring acid into the hotel pool because he wanted black people to get out of it.

Hold on now, what the fuck is this shit.

Jesus.

I hope the people who need to most are paying close attention. This is the kind of hate that has grown in the center of this country since black peoples were first dragged here and it's once again gaining ground to toy with civil rights once again. This is a man who hates black people so much, he pays other people to antagonize them rather than share space with them. And now he has the ear of one of the most powerful men in the world. Yet black people have to keep explaining their anger and frustration. They have to keep explaining why dealing with this shit is tiring and keep being expected to apologize for asking for more when this is what their up against in their own country. The US is sick in a way that only certain sections of the population can see let alone acknowledge.

Hold on now, what the fuck is this shit.

Jesus.

http://www.npr.org/2014/06/13/321380585/remembering-a-civil-rights-swim-in-it-was-a-milestone

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I am sure Steve Harvey, Jim Brown, Ray Lewis and Kanye are just fine with this. By coming out of a meeting with Trump and having nothing but praise for him, you are co-signing on all this bullshit. "Yeah, he has a bunch of racist people in the White House, but he promised me that he would help black people!!!"

ElRenoRaven

It's ok though. Trump isn't racist. He just hangs out with all of them. /sarcasm

You can't tell me that someone who surrounds himself with nothing but racists isn't one too.

I am sure Steve Harvey, Jim Brown, Ray Lewis and Kanye are just fine with this. By coming out of a meeting with Trump and having nothing but praise for him, you are co-signing on all this bullshit. "Yeah, he has a bunch of racist people in the White House, but he promised me that he would help black people!!!"

They were all used as propaganda, often that same day, by Kellyanne Conway.

Paz

I read very explicit comments in multiple threads that unless there's definitive proof of trump supporters being racist we shouldn't jump to conclusions, even when they say their health care saved their life but they voted for trump because they detest the term Obamacare so much they can't bring themselves to say it.

So obviously this is just fake news, move along.

devilhawk

Having been to P&L in KC I'm not sure this case has any merit.

Not because their "No plain white T-shirt" policy wasn't racist, but because it will be hard to prove damages. Not going to P&L is always an improvement on one's night. Fuck that place - except during the BigXII tourny when they suspend all their dress code rules and it isn't overrun by douche bros.

Seriously, fuck Mosaic and most of the other P&L bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom