• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheesecake Factory Employees Attack Black Man For Wearing MAGA Hat, Witnesses Say

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beard of the Forest

The No. 1 cause of forest fires is trees.
There is nothing bogus about me quoting you berating someone. Maybe the dirty cop insinuation is a bit much. Taking the higher ground in intelligence against another poster and now flashing your badge at me saying how merciful you are. We are discussing opinions but indirectly insulting someone for their opinion as a mod is not quite the stance you are claiming.

You're the one who keeps bringing my "badge" or status into this discussion. I'm a person (I assume) much like you and I have the same rights on this board as anybody else does. You're accusing me of abusing my power in some fashion and yet I've not made any moderation actions in this total shit show of a thread. What are you basing this bias on? Anyhow, I'm done with this conversation. Continue yipping if you feel that you must.

Gun Animal

i don't even like trump (i support rightful monarchy/feudalism and want to destroy industrial society/liquidate the federal government/accelerate thermonuclear war) but this is why i own every color of MAGA hat. Who needs a gym when you've got a nationwide fight club?

What's really disgusting is how the media is doing this silly dance of the victim game, and people are actually playing alone. Every day there's a new video of some racist douche or some crazy liberal bullying someone and we're supposed to believe that the whole country is like that. It's like whoever can find more videos of their side being bullied is vindicated in this Oppression Olympics. I dunno why anybody is participating in it...

It's because tribal warfare is a natural and healthy part of the human experience. when suppressed, the result is a strange perversion: the "winner" of the fight is whoever instigates the least and tattles the loudest. Challenge your basic assumptions, like "Violence is bad"

Last edited:

Dunki

This is such a fallacious argument. You do realize that not every Nazi during WW2 was an SS officer, right? Hitler was voted into power democratically, and the Third Reich was permitted to happen by regular citizens who never actually physically rounded up people themselves.

This is a very simple and naive look at why Hitler gained so much power.

There are multiple reasons for it and it all started with the Contract of Versailles from WW1 and also Weimar which caused a huge economical crisis in Germany. People were desperate for change and in their helpless state Hitler gave them something they could blame. Furthermore he used tactics of violence and fear to not make people vote against him. He also never got the majority of votes (I think the highest he got was like 33%. After the first election and with the end of the economical crisis he lost more and more votes. But Hitler used a loophole in our resolution after the Reichtagsbrand which gave him unlimited power and which made it possible to eliminate any opposition (KPD) It was basically the same that Erdogan did during the Coup d'état in Turkey.

And later one it was either for or against Hitler and you did not wanted to be on the against side since this also would mean Imprisonment or even Concentration Camp. People in Germany had no real choice later one.

Are Germans still to blame? Yeah for many parts but it was really not a black and white issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom