• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheesecake Factory Employees Attack Black Man For Wearing MAGA Hat, Witnesses Say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liberals do a lot of things under Trump they used to give conservatives flak for doing under Obama.

Remember all the flak Ted Nugent got for saying he wanted Obama to "suck on his machine gun"? Then Kathy Griffin immediately after Trump was sworn in posted a photo of herself holding a bloody severed Trump head, which was even worse (making a comment versus going through the effort to make a fake severed head and stage a photoshoot)

Imagine the outrage from liberals if a black guy in a Shepard Fairey "Hope" T-shirt had gotten harassed over it in some restaurant several years ago, but it's ok to do it now if he's wearing a Trump hat?

Last edited:

Spheyr

Banned
Remember for eight years under Obama they told us it's the worst thing in the world to not support the President

Tumle

Skins were there before the Ramones even wrote their first song.
But aren’t you changing the subject from who created punk, to when did skinheads appear?
You atacked another user by implying he only knew about punk because of skater boy punk..

Spheyr

Banned
But aren’t you changing the subject from who created punk, to when did skinheads appear?
You atacked another user by implying he only knew about punk because of skater boy punk..
"There" as in "The punk scene was already theirs before the Ramones." Jesus Christ does everything have to be spelled out to you?

Last edited:
Remember for eight years under Obama they told us it's the worst thing in the world to not support the President

However, to be fair conservatives certainly treated Bush as a sacred cow and then slammed Obama constantly.

Americans in general are very hypocritical when it comes to this I think.

JDB

Banned
... yes? Like, non-stop?
I'd love it if you went into more detail. Mostly about who "they" are, what they told you specifically, and what you consider "not support[ing] the President".

Last edited:

Super Mario

Banned
Why did this become a discussion about Nazis? Let's stay on topic.

I surely hope Cheesecake Factory closes for a day to discuss rational sensitivity training.

Tumle

"There" as in "The punk scene was already theirs before the Ramones." Jesus Christ does everything have to be spelled out to you?
So groups like The Who, kinks and the sonics who where the for runners in the sound that evolved into what we now call punk music, where neo Nazi skin heads?
Well I did not know that..
being condescending doesn’t make you right..

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
You gotta make it more subtle than this, man.
Then again these days I can barely tell anymore.
What's really disgusting is how the media is doing this silly dance of the victim game, and people are actually playing alone. Every day there's a new video of some racist douche or some crazy liberal bullying someone and we're supposed to believe that the whole country is like that. It's like whoever can find more videos of their side being bullied is vindicated in this Oppression Olympics. I dunno why anybody is participating in it...

MMaRsu

Banned
Are you crying while typing this?

As I suspected, you are a child who cannot respond to anything normally with a degree of modicum and sensibility.

You are the only one who is crying in this thread. And also the Skyrim needs better combat thread.

Spheyr

Banned
As I suspected, you are a child who cannot respond to anything normally with a degree of modicum and sensibility.

You are the only one who is crying in this thread. And also the Skyrim needs better combat thread.
A degree of modicum? What exactly do you think "modicum" is?

Liberals do a lot of things under Trump they used to give conservatives flak for doing under Obama.

Remember all the flak Ted Nugent got for saying he wanted Obama to "suck on his machine gun"? Then Kathy Griffin immediately after Trump was sworn in posted a photo of herself holding a bloody severed Trump head, which was even worse (making a comment versus going through the effort to make a fake severed head and stage a photoshoot)

Imagine the outrage from liberals if a black guy in a Shepard Fairey "Hope" T-shirt had gotten harassed over it in some restaurant several years ago, but it's ok to do it now if he's wearing a Trump hat?

Trump has been attacking some civil liberties, and has been using racism to try and exclude others from coming to this country. So no it's not the same at all. It's a completely different world of criticism.

BANGS

Banned
Trump has been attacking some civil liberties, and has been using racism to try and exclude others from coming to this country. So no it's not the same at all. It's a completely different world of criticism.
No it's not. The only thing different is your own bias...

Spheyr

Banned
If you want to talk about politicians attacking civil liberties, let's talk about how the Democrats are trying their damnedest to infringe on the Second Amendment.

MMaRsu

Banned
A degree of modicum? What exactly do you think "modicum" is?

I meant a modicum of sensibility. I am sorry English is not my native language. At least I know how to properly engage people in a discussion, not spout my opinion as fact and then mock people and act like I am on a high horse.

You my friend are acting like a spoiled child, not willing to engage in discussion but only type sad little replies.

Spheyr

Banned
I meant a modicum of sensibility. I am sorry English is not my native language. At least I know how to properly engage people in a discussion, not spout my opinion as fact and then mock people and act like I am on a high horse.

You my friend are acting like a spoiled child, not willing to engage in discussion but only type sad little replies.
I'm not your friend, pal.

Criticism is one thing and it's perfectly fair to criticize a President, but bashing is another, you should almost always have a modicum of respect for a sitting President even if you don't like them much.

It also helps if criticism is actually based in reality, seems like most liberals despise Trump not because of any exact thing but more because they don't like his tone, they don't like the fact that he goes against the grain of this uber politically correct culture in which white males are expected to "stand aside" and let women and minorities run the show just because.

To be fair that is one thing conservatives have to own up to, a lot of what was said about Obama was not based in reality, there's plenty of enough to criticize about the guy without having to make something up whole cloth.

JDB

Banned
What's really disgusting is how the media is doing this silly dance of the victim game, and people are actually playing alone. Every day there's a new video of some racist douche or some crazy liberal bullying someone and we're supposed to believe that the whole country is like that. It's like whoever can find more videos of their side being bullied is vindicated in this Oppression Olympics. I dunno why anybody is participating in it...
The worst is when an article goes "The internet was outraged!" and it turns out it was just some Twitter hashtags of which 45% was people mocking it, another 45% was bots and only the final 10% was actually saying the thing the article is writing about. Social media and the internet in general can be so incredibly cancerous.

Last edited:
No it's not. The only thing different is your own bias...

He's been attacking transgenders heavily, doing shit like issueing the military ban on most types of troops and rolling back some prison protections. He reversed the fed govs support in overturning texas voter id laws. He's still calling some "criminal" illegals animals, trying to establish more military base locations to temporarily keep separated children because he wants to go more ham on deportations, and more.

There's a lot to be pissed about.

Spheyr

Banned
He's been attacking transgenders heavily, doing shit like issueing the military ban on most types of troops and rolling back some prison protections. He reversed the fed govs support in overturning texas voter id laws. He's still calling some "criminal" illegals animals, trying to establish more military base locations to temporarily keep separated children because he wants to go more ham on deportations, and more.

I 100% support every one of these things Trump is doing, and none of them are out of malice or "attacking" anyone.

Beard of the Forest

The No. 1 cause of forest fires is trees.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Trump supporters are the most descriminated against group of people in the history of the country.
It is your right as an American to say the dumbest shit imaginable and be free from persecution from the law. I applaud you for making the most of that right.

BANGS

Banned

There was alot to be pissed about with Obama as well. The only significant difference is your own personal values and bias and whatnot. Trump isn't somehow different just because you don't like it. "B-b-but reasons" is not a valid argument...

I 100% support every one of these things Trump is doing, and none of them are out of malice or "attacking" anyone.

This has nothing to do with "civil rights progress", but do you support rescinding Obama's overtime rule, or in the case of Texas want to lower the threshold? And do you support rescinding the pay data rule that will finally lay rest to that debate (in favor of "not a problem").

Bangs, not enough to attack someone for wearing a hope t-shirt. What's going on between the two presidents, the atmosphere and why, is completely different. No one wants to assault customers over taxes or diplomacy, but they would over bigotry.

Last edited by a moderator:

BANGS

Banned
Bangs, not enough to attack someone for wearing a hope t-shirt. What's going on between the two presidents, the atmosphere and why, is completely different. No one wants to assault customers over taxes or diplomacy, but they would over bigotry.
Again, that's your own bias and values. You can't pretend your own bias and values extend to everyone... I mean think about what you are saying, justifying assault for any reason...

Last edited:

manfestival

It is your right as an American to say the dumbest shit imaginable and be free from persecution from the law. I applaud you for making the most of that right.
I thought mods were supposed be impartial and neutral. At least just my personal understanding. Didn't realize you guys could berate people given your position. Insert quote about dirty cops.

Beard of the Forest

The No. 1 cause of forest fires is trees.
I thought mods were supposed be impartial and neutral. At least just my personal understanding. Didn't realize you guys could berate people given your position. Insert quote about dirty cops.

This is a discussion board. You know, a place where people with differing opinions can talk about things. If I had banned him for making that statement you'd have reason to make that dirty cop comparisan. But I didn't, nor am I banning you for making completely bogus claims. You're welcome.

Last edited:
Go ahead and punch them then. But don't cry when they hit you back in self defense and you realize you bit off a little more than you could chew.

The level of discourse on NeoGAF has reached, "wait until you get your ass beat by Nazis."

N E A T.

Moneal

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

It means arguing something that your opponent didn't say. which is exactly what you did. Where did anyone say "wait until you get your ass beat by Nazis." If someone did then you aren't strawmanning, if they didn't you are. The poster you quoted definitely didn't say it.

It means arguing something that your opponent didn't say. which is exactly what you did. Where did anyone say "wait until you get your ass beat by Nazis." If someone did then you aren't strawmanning, if they didn't you are. The poster you quoted definitely didn't say it.

A strawman requires that we're having a debate/argument and that I'm trying to refute a point. We're not, and I wasn't.

What I did was engage in hyperbole, not strawman.

Moneal

A strawman requires that we're having a debate/argument and that I'm trying to refute a point. We're not, and I wasn't.

What I did was engage in hyperbole, not strawman.
where is the exaggeration?

As for a debate, yes this is one, and you were trying to refute the point by presenting something the other side didn't say.

manfestival

This is a discussion board. You know, a place where people with differing opinions can talk about things. If I had banned him for making that statement you'd have reason to make that dirty cop comparisan. But I didn't, nor am I banning you for making completely bogus claims. You're welcome.
There is nothing bogus about me quoting you berating someone. Maybe the dirty cop insinuation is a bit much. Taking the higher ground in intelligence against another poster and now flashing your badge at me saying how merciful you are. We are discussing opinions but indirectly insulting someone for their opinion as a mod is not quite the stance you are claiming.

where is the exaggeration?

As for a debate, yes this is one, and you were trying to refute the point by presenting something the other side didn't say.

No. I have no interest in debating with the person I quoted, and I presented no argument. I'm debating with you. If I misrepresent you, then that's a strawman.

I exaggerated the entire situation. The whole thing was exaggerated. Even my "neat" comment was an exaggerated representation of how I felt. It's not like we're talking quantum physics, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom