• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New rumors regarding GTA Trilogy Remake from GTA Forums

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Staff member (Mach1bud) from GTA Forums said a few things again regarding GTA Trilogy Remakes. Here are the quotes.

gta-remastered-opener.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png
These are some bold claims, and I doubt he would share them just like that unless he wants to wreck his reputation.
Still, take this with a grain of salt:

- All 3 games are gonna be fully remade.
You have to remember that they have a solid amount of the content already created in Gtao.

StuntMaster100: One studio can't remake all three in just a couple of years. Especially San Andreas which is a big game.
Mach1bud:
Rockstar doesn't work on any project with just "one studio". Also San Andreas isnt that big of a game compared to modern games

ADropInTheOcean : So, would they just reuse that car model and give it a different name in that different game instead?
Mach1bud:
Yes.

Orthur : Just to make sure, @Mach1bud by remake, do you mean something on the scale of Mafia 1 remake?
Mach1bud:
That is what I am expecting yes. Better looking than V but not quite as good as RDR2.

Dourvas: Lol i got confused mate. You said no if this month is good but it's August and you said that this month is good for an announcement. Damn the mind games!
Mach1bud:
Lol sorry, I forgot its already August.
I should say all of this is purely my speculation and not based on any insider info, leaks, etc. Because ya know, I dont get that kinda info, ev

He seems to backpedal with the last post, but then he replied to a callout:

Orthur: Mate you gotta be kidding. After all this time đź“·"All 3 are gonna be remakes". Why would anyone in their right mind use this kinda wording for "speculation"?
Mach1bud:
Some things are better off left defined in a certain way until the truth is revealed. For now, take my words as speculation.
In the future you can make up your own mind about what the things I've said to be what you think they are or are not.
The future will be unreal. Trust me on that

Source

JimRyanGOAT

That forum spews out bullshit 24/7

The mods will do anything to keep their engagement high. Anytime it goes quiet they come up with another rumour or fake ARG

The mods hate Jason & Tom for saying 2025

They actively call Tom & Jason attentions seeker that shouldn't be taken seriously

meanwhile they allow fake insiders like Preacher & Machbud to be wrong 300 times in a row

Last edited:
Look, I love these games, but I can't really get excited over yet another rerelease of these titles. Rockstar should revive one of their dead franchises like Bully or Manhunt, or even a franchise from the DMA days like Body Harvest, Space Station Silicon Valley, Lemmings, or Uniracers.

YCoCg

That forum's staff constantly spew out bullshit and lies non-stop and shill the ever living fuck out of Rockstar, don't believe a word they say.

I don't see them remaking those games but I definitely see them having some sorta DLC packs for GTA V with all of the content from the past games like character clothes, cars, weapons, and so on. I wouldn't play it, but it makes more sense when you look at how they've focused on Online all this time

Warablo

I mean that would be amazing if they updated/modernized the gameplay, movement and graphics and just used GTA Online assets for each remake.

GTA Online could still be its own thing and the remakes are essentially story games/content that people want.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I don't believe Rockstar would make the effort to remake three very old games. That would require a ton of work to make them look and feel like modern games.

It's more likely they'll just add new GTA Online content based on the stuff from the old games. ;)

They arent gonna remaake these 3 games...especially when gta 6 prob takes place in vice city...and we have their new take on san andreas and its bringing in scrooge mcduck vaults of money

however....

Last edited:

Soodanim

Gold Member
Even if we get remakes, they aren’t going to license the same soundtracks they had before. No Thriller as the first track in VC, and maybe even edited GTA3 radio. We might not even get A Horse With No Name in SA.

If you’re looking to scratch the itch, look through the Steam Guides section for Definitive Edition patches. They will have these games running perfectly.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Never happening. Completely remaking all 3 games for the modern day is a monstrous undertaking not even remotely worth doing.

MilkLizard

Nah I really don’t see them doing full remakes for all 3 games. They’ll bring the mobile ports to current gen at some point and that’ll be it. Also, they left money on the table not releasing those mobile ports on Switch IMO 🤷‍♂️

A lot of Rockstar’s developers are currently working on the GTA V next generation update (you know the game they can sell for a third time and already has a modern development environment to work with along with it also having massive ROI due to its online).

GTA Trilogy Remakes would cost an absolute fortune and time to do. Time and money that would be better spent on the next instalment of the series.

GriffinCorp

I hope this is true, I've been wishing for this for a decade. I still wished we could of had the OG Xbox version to play on the Series X. I would pay full price for that, no upgrades needed.

dcx4610

I'm definitely interested. The PC ports are terrible and the best way (that I know of) to play the games currently are the original Xbox versions.

I don't need full remakes. Just stable ports with at least 60fps.

Lucky8BB

Banned
I'm definitely interested. The PC ports are terrible and the best way (that I know of) to play the games currently are the original Xbox versions.

I don't need full remakes. Just stable ports with at least 60fps.
Moders already fixed everything.

I recommend changing gamepad preset in "GINPUT" configuration file because default preset is not using triggers for gas and brakes. Ginput ini is located in "scripts" folder, and you need to search for [pad1] section, and change "controlsSet" line to "2" for GTA SA, and "5" for GTA 3/VC. Default control settings are ok, but these are simply better (more in line with console versions).

I also recommend deleting "classic axis" mod from GTA 3 / VC "script" folder, because aiming sensitivity is altered way too much with this mod (it's hard to aim on gamepad).

With this mod packs for classic gta games I have nothing to complain about. Gamepad works as it should if you want to use it, missing features from console versions were restored (moders used xbox assets) and there are many improvements on top of that.

Laptop1991

I haven't played Vice City or San Andreas since they were released at the time, but i played both games to death, and i played them on PC, and they ran and looked great, neither was a bad port back then, i dont know what they are like playing them today or in the last decade, but they were great ports at the time, GTA 4 on the other hand was a bad port on PC.

I hope this rumour turns out to be true personally, i would replay both of them again if they remade them well.

Lucky8BB

Banned
I haven't played Vice City or San Andreas since they were released at the time, but i played both games to death, and i played them on PC, and they ran and looked great, neither was a bad port back then, i dont know what they are like playing them today or in the last decade, but they were great ports at the time, GTA 4 on the other hand was a bad port on PC.

I hope this rumour turns out to be true personally, i would replay both of them again if they remade them well.
PC ports were running great, however they were missing many details compared to PS2, xbox. Fortunately moders fixed everything and PC is right now the best place to play these classic gta games. .

Laptop1991

PC ports were running great, however they were missing many details compared to PS2, xbox. Fortunately moders fixed everything and PC is right now the best place to play these classic gta games. .
I remember the mods like ice enhancer etc that would improve graphics and make gameplay changes etc, but i just played vanilla San Andreas, and i had no issues with missing details and my version was far better than my sons ps2 one back then, both in look and performance, it was a great port and game, i played, spent god knows how man hours in that game, loved it

Last edited:

Shut0wen

Staff member (Mach1bud) from GTA Forums said a few things again regarding GTA Trilogy Remakes. Here are the quotes.

gta-remastered-opener.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png
These are some bold claims, and I doubt he would share them just like that unless he wants to wreck his reputation.
Still, take this with a grain of salt:

- All 3 games are gonna be fully remade.
You have to remember that they have a solid amount of the content already created in Gtao.

StuntMaster100: One studio can't remake all three in just a couple of years. Especially San Andreas which is a big game.
Mach1bud:
Rockstar doesn't work on any project with just "one studio". Also San Andreas isnt that big of a game compared to modern games

ADropInTheOcean : So, would they just reuse that car model and give it a different name in that different game instead?
Mach1bud:
Yes.

Orthur : Just to make sure, @Mach1bud by remake, do you mean something on the scale of Mafia 1 remake?
Mach1bud:
That is what I am expecting yes. Better looking than V but not quite as good as RDR2.

Dourvas: Lol i got confused mate. You said no if this month is good but it's August and you said that this month is good for an announcement. Damn the mind games!
Mach1bud:
Lol sorry, I forgot its already August.
I should say all of this is purely my speculation and not based on any insider info, leaks, etc. Because ya know, I dont get that kinda info, ev

He seems to backpedal with the last post, but then he replied to a callout:

Orthur: Mate you gotta be kidding. After all this time đź“·"All 3 are gonna be remakes". Why would anyone in their right mind use this kinda wording for "speculation"?
Mach1bud:
Some things are better off left defined in a certain way until the truth is revealed. For now, take my words as speculation.
In the future you can make up your own mind about what the things I've said to be what you think they are or are not.
The future will be unreal. Trust me on that

Source
This is genuine, not sure if its multiple developers but i know someone who works at ruffian games who told me was working on it, he reckons its to fill the gap for gta 6 as they aibt working on it

Lucky8BB

Banned
I remember the mods like ice enhancer etc that would improve graphics and make gameplay changes etc, but i just played vanilla San Andreas, and i had no issues with missing details and my version was far better than my sons ps2 one back then, both in look and performance, it was a great port and game, i played, spent god knows how man hours in that game, loved it
PC (and xbox) version had extended draw distance, better textures, but unfortunately also TON of missing details. For example PS2 version had nice car reflections, cool rain effects, dense grass, and BEAUTIFUL ORANGE ATMOSPHERE (postprocessing effect). PC version was just bland and washed out compared to PS2 version. It took many years before moders restored all these missing effects.

There are many graphics mods for GTA SA and iceenchancer is one of them, but I feel like these graphics mods change original atmosphere way too much and this game no longer looks like GTA SA.

Last edited:

Bluecondor

I agree with the points being made about the questionable value of simply remaking the 3 single-player games. If they were only remade for single-player, I don't see Rockstar getting any real ROI from this.

When I first heard the rumor back in February and going back to last summer when we heard from Rockstar that they would be releasing an "Expanded and Enhanced with New Features and Content" GTA V for next-gen consoles, it just seems possible that the expanded and enhanced GTA V for next-gen could be the remastered Liberty City, Vice City and San Andreas.

While this is obviously pure speculation/fantasy on my part, imagine if it went like this:

August/September 2021 - We get the first trailer for a GTA 3 remaster and Liberty City as playable on GTA: Online.

November 2021 - GTA 3 remaster released and Liberty City added into GTA: Online (with the next-gen version having the most content and features).

January 2022 - We get the first trailer for the GTA: Vice City remaster and Vice City as playable on GTA: Online.

April 2022 - GTA: VC remaster released and Vice City added into GTA: Online (with the next-gene version having the most content and features).

August/September 2022 - We get the first trailer for the GTA: San Andreas remaster and San Andreas as playable in GTA: Online.

November 2022 - GTA: SA remaster released and San Andreas added into GTA: Online (with the next-gen version having the most content and features).

Or, maybe they will do one remaster/online per year (GTA III/Liberty City in November 2021, GTA: VC/Vice City in November 2022, GTA: SA/San Andreas in November 2023).

If these are Mafia I level remakes, they would absolutely crush Christmas sales for the next 3 years (followed by GTA: VI in 2024 or 2025).

Again - pure speculation and fantasy on my part, but I'm not going to lie - I would love this.

Laptop1991

PC (and xbox) version had extended draw distance, better textures, but unfortunately also TON of missing details. For example PS2 version had nice car reflections, cool rain effects, dense grass, and BEAUTIFUL ORANGE ATMOSPHERE (postprocessing effect). PC version was just bland and washed out compared to PS2 version. It took many years before moders restored all these missing effects.

There are many graphics mods for GTA SA and iceenchancer is one of them, but I feel like these graphics mods change original atmosphere way too much and this game no longer looks like GTA SA.
I only played the 2005 disk version, not the later Steam, online ones, which i know got quite a few complaints about being downgraded, so i can only comment about the game i played and i had no issues or thought the game looked bad, and the resolution, frame rate, and detail were above the ps2 version my son was playing.

i agree about some of the mods though, sometimes they changed too much.

Lucky8BB

Banned
I only played the 2005 disk version, not the later Steam, online ones, which i know got quite a few complaints about being downgraded, so i can only comment about the game i played and i had no issues or thought the game looked bad, and the resolution, frame rate, and detail were above the ps2 version my son was playing.

i agree about some of the mods though, sometimes they changed too much.
Yes resolution, frame rate and draw distance was much better on PC compared to PS2 version, so I can understand your point of view, however some effects were missing as well and it took many years before moders have fixed everything.

Laptop1991

Yes resolution, frame rate and draw distance was much better on PC compared to PS2 version, so I can understand your point of view, however some effects were missing as well and it took many years before moders have fixed everything.

Yeah fair enough, some effects were missing for some strange reason and its good the modders put them back in, but even from those video's , the pc version wasn't blurry and clear, so i didn't notice it while playing, and it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the game, infact i didnt realize until you just pointed it out lol.

i dont see why rockstar couldn't put them in, but if it was a choice between the 2, i would still choose the pc version i played over the ps2 one everytime, i loved the game at the time with my own music playing on the radio, it has
been a long time since i played it though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom