• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PlayStation Plus is live in the US | Sony’s classic PlayStation games on PS Plus are 60hz in North America

bender

What time is it?
I thought it would let you play PSOne games you already owned.

Hot Shots Golf and Oddworld show up as free (promo or maybe former PS+ offerings) but Tekken, Ape Escape, Jumping Flash, Syphon Filter, Wild Arms and Resident Evil all want me to subscribe.

Last edited:

Agent X

Hot Shots Golf and Oddworld show up as free (promo or maybe former PS+ offerings) but Tekken, Ape Escape, Jumping Flash, Syphon Filter, Wild Arms and Resident Evil all want me to subscribe.

I don't believe that all of the PS1 and PSP games will be sold separately from the subscription, only someof them. Those are the games that you can get for free (without a subscription) if you previously bought the digital copy for PS3/PSP/PS Vita. If the publisher isn't selling the game outside of the subscription, then the only way you can play it is through the subscription.

ManaByte

I don't believe that all of the PS1 and PSP games will be sold separately from the subscription, only someof them. Those are the games that you can get for free (without a subscription) if you previously bought the digital copy for PS3/PSP/PS Vita. If the publisher isn't selling the game outside of the subscription, then the only way you can play it is through the subscription.

Which is bullshit if you already own the game.

bender

What time is it?

Thanks. I guess that makes sense even if it is confusing. PS3 purchases seem to have the same fate (RE4, Quest for Booty, Tokyo Jungle, Ico, Rain, Super SFII HD Remix, HSG:OOB, HSG:WI, etc.). A lot of those first party. I wonder how DLC will work. I'm guessing you are screwed. I have all of the DLC clubs for World Invitational.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa

ManaByte

Thanks. I guess that makes sense even if it is confusing. PS3 purchases seem to have the same fate (RE4, Quest for Booty, Tokyo Jungle, Ico, Rain, Super SFII HD Remix, HSG:OOB, HSG:WI, etc.). A lot of those first party. I wonder how DLC will work. I'm guessing you are screwed. I have all of the DLC clubs for World Invitational.
The PS3 games are streaming only.

Why is this thread only about the damn classics?

I'm downloading Returnal, Demons Souls, Miles Morales, Death Stranding DC and tons more. The value is incredible. Really don't give a fuck about PS1 games on a next-gen console 😆

There is a Premium/Extra/Essential banner on every category in the PS+ app. How are you confused?
Ha! Nice Avatar. At first I was like "how is someone with a Returnal avatar just now downloading the game . . .", then I gave it a second look.

AJUMP23

There is a Premium/Extra/Essential banner on every category in the PS+ app. How are you confused?

How do you take some one wishing everyone good luck as a negative comment or a comment of confusion. Anytime something new roles out you want people to have an easy time. Good Luck.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Gravity Rush Remastered and Wipeout Omega Collection are PS4 games.

They're not emulated Vita games. It's like claiming TLOU Remastered is there as the PS3 game, which is actually what they did by putting PS4 remasters of PS3 games into the Premium tier.

While you are technically correct, I don't think the average gamers will care about the difference. Some super hardcore BC gamers will though.

sainraja

So? What's that got to do with the license expiring IF it leaves the service?
@ReBurn is right.
You download the games and it's added to your library but if it's removed from the service it will just have a little lock on it saying you don't have the license (unless you buy the game)
The example he used was PT which is a demo of a cancelled game that was made unavailable. Has any of the content we've added to our Plus library been removed? Unless something changed recently, you get to keep any Plus content you add to your library as long as you remain a subscriber and if you do cancel, you can always get the content back by re-subscribing. Am I missing some information here?

ManaByte

While you are technically correct, I don't think the average gamers will care about the difference. Some super hardcore BC gamers will though.

One would think that people interested in "Classics" would be subscribing to play older games that haven't been available on the PS4 for years.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Why is this thread only about the damn classics?

I'm downloading Returnal, Demons Souls, Miles Morales, Death Stranding DC and tons more. The value is incredible. Really don't give a fuck about PS1 games on a next-gen console 😆

Because there's a strong set of people that "NEED" this to fail because they are super pro-GamePass people. Don't ask me why.

Agent X

Which is bullshit if you already own the game.

I agree. You'd think the publishers would be eager to get some extra cash from non-subscribers. It could be some weird licensing thing that's holding them back.

A few of the streaming PS3 games have the DLC included for everyone. Aside from that, the games don't recognize any DLC that you purchased previously.

are Game Trials gonna be PS5 only? Because i was thinking to gameshare the Horizon Forbidden West trial...so my PS4 friend could try it out. Obviously its a cross-gen game but when u try to dl...there is not an option to choose which version to dl

annoying to have to wait in europe. otherwise i would have had 3 awesome new games to play in demons souls, returnal and ghost tsushima. thats some super high qaulity games right there. only reason i havent bought them yet is because my backlog is clogged full of games already.

GhostOfTsu

Banned
Because there's a strong set of people that "NEED" this to fail because they are super pro-GamePass people. Don't ask me why.
Exactly! They really found that one thing to attack the service and never talk about anything else that you could compare with GP. It wouldn't look good if we start comparing the AAAs so it's all about the PS1 games. There's two well-known members here who are in every PS+ thread doing just that.
Ha! Nice Avatar. At first I was like "how is someone with a Returnal avatar just now downloading the game . . .", then I gave it a second look.
I had Returnal physical pre-patch so I missed all the free DLC. Same for Miles, Demons Souls etc. Getting them all for free digitally is crazy 😁

Fake

IDK. I already have RE3 on my PS3, the PS3 store is mega cheap.

Right now, for Brazil they're asking R$53,90 for Ape Escape on Playstation 4 store.

Fredrik

No PAL versions in Sweden, please Sony,
Everybody who play games know english here and games are never traslated to swedish anyway.
Please.
Pretty please.
No PAL versions.

Three

The example he used was PT which is a demo of a cancelled game that was made unavailable. Has any of the content we've added to our Plus library been removed? Unless something changed recently, you get to keep any Plus content you add to your library as long as you remain a subscriber and if you do cancel, you can always get the content back by re-subscribing. Am I missing some information here?

None of the PS+ library in the past has been removed that I know of but downloading a game to a library can still have a separate license in this setup which behaves differently. So for example when I was downloading PS Now games they went into my regular library but when they were removed from PS Now (for example TLOU2) that specific game in my library had a little lock on it meaning I no longer had a license to play it because it had rotated out of PSNow while I'm still subscribed.

So asking "do you even have the service because it shows in your PS+ library" proves nothing because you wouldnt know until a game rotates out of the extra/premium service whether a lock appears on it. It may be that you can keep playing it forever even when it's no longer on the service but it doesn't mean that's the case simply because it shows in that library. Games can have unique licences. It would kind of be a nightmare for Sony because it would promote mass downloading/claiming of 400 games just in case they leave the service. I don't think that will be how it works. You don't claim games in the Extra/premium library like regular PS+ but more like PS Now I believe.

baphomet

This is such a shit show.

They succeeded in making PS1 games look even worse than they originally did.

No chance I hell I would ever pay for any of this.

Agent X

You don't claim games in the Extra/premium library like regular PS+ but more like PS Now I believe.

Yes, it's essentially the same as it was before, with PS Now as a separate service.

They might need to come up with a better naming scheme, though. It might be confusing to people about which games are the monthly games that you can keep as long as you're subscribed, compared to the "formerly PS Now" games that expire once they leave the service.

Exactly! They really found that one thing to attack the service and never talk about anything else that you could compare with GP. It wouldn't look good if we start comparing the AAAs so it's all about the PS1 games. There's two well-known members here who are in every PS+ thread doing just that.

I had Returnal physical pre-patch so I missed all the free DLC. Same for Miles, Demons Souls etc. Getting them all for free digitally is crazy 😁
Hmmm, I didn't even know about the DLC stuff. I have all those physically too . . .

ManaByte

You don't claim games in the Extra/premium library like regular PS+ but more like PS Now I believe.

It's exactly like regular PS+. Try the service before posting. You click "add to library" just like claiming a PS+ game, and they even send you the confirmation email; just like with PS+.

I've already downloaded AC: Valhalla, GOT, and Ride 4. It works just like PS+.

sircaw

Banned
It's exactly like regular PS+. Try the service before posting. You click "add to library" just like claiming a PS+ game, and they even send you the confirmation email; just like with PS+.

i guess you have already played Demon souls and GOT?

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

I can confirm this. I thought they would do something similar to PS Now but it seems the games are just added to the account like regular Plus games.

PS needs to stop with that $0 purchase bs. Whomst tf wants a purchase notification everytime u play a game.

Imagine if everytime i clicked on something on Netflix or GamePass i got a reciept

Top Bottom