• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new PGR3 shots (high quality shots from trailer)

Suddenly PGR3 doesn't look so hot.

Edit: p.s. I own both PGR1 and 2, and while PGR2 was great, it was mainly because LIVE play allowed me to overlook the framerate. Single player was painful. PGR1 was so much more fun in single player.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
PGR3 at 30 fps won't bother me in the slightest. I'm not sure with next gen post processing effects (motion blur, etc..) that I would notice the difference.

I just hope it meets the launch date.

IJoel

Wait... WHAT!?

I guess it's going to be 30 fps. I remember them saying something similar for PGR2. This is really very disappointing. I think I will still get PGR3, but suddenly what seemed like a showcase title, is now not one.

IJoel said:
Wait... WHAT!?

I guess it's going to be 30 fps. I remember them saying something similar for PGR2. This is really very disappointing. I think I will still get PGR3, but suddenly what seemed like a showcase title, is now not one.
Don't know that for sure. Bizzare isn't commenting on that since final filters/effects aren't in place yet. Don't bow out too early. Everyone that is saying "OMG, ONLY 30FPS, XBOT 1.5 INDEED11!!!!!" are thinking in terms of this gen and not "next-gen".

Honestly, time will tell.

IJoel

VictimOfGrief said:
Don't know that for sure. Bizzare isn't commenting on that since final filters/effects aren't in place yet. Don't bow out too early. Everyone that is saying "OMG, ONLY 30FPS, XBOT 1.5 INDEED11!!!!!" are thinking in terms of this gen and not "next-gen".

Honestly, time will tell.

I didn't say anything about Xbox 1.5. Anyone that suggests the console is underpowered based on launch games is clearly an idiot.

I base my comment on their past history with PGR2. They did the same thing when asked about framerate then, and the game ended up with 30 fps.

IJoel said:
I didn't say anything about Xbox 1.5. Anyone that suggests the console is underpowered based on launch games is clearly an idiot.

I base my comment on their past history with PGR2. They did the same thing when asked about framerate then, and the game ended up with 30 fps.
True, but I don't think this will be the case w/ PGR3.

Gek54

mrklaw said:
fuck off! Launch at 30, then spend 4 months making it 60fps and make updates available to patch it over LIVE.

I highly doubt they would make the effort for such a change after release. MS seriously needs to let them optimise.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
VictimOfGrief said:
As far as I'm concerned, your life is still @ 30FPS which to me... is a failure in my book.

True to your tag then...

Gek54

Need For Speed and Ridge Racer has the launch covered as far as racers go. Is Test Drive still set for launch? They can more than afford to delay PGR3.

Helznicht

The buildings in those shots look extremely flat for a next gen game running 30 FPS. What happened to the highly detailed building pics they were throwing around?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Helznicht said:
The buildings in those shots look extremely flat for a next gen game running 30 FPS. What happened to the highly detailed building pics they were throwing around?
I agree with that, though they've still come a LONG way. Look at GT4, for example. Looks great in motion, but the buildings in the city area are EXTREMELY flat and the textures are of low color. PGR3 has some really impressive textures along with considerably more complex structures.

This was one of the biggest city tracks in GT4, but look at the actual buildings.

561066_20040924_screen276.jpg

561066_20040924_screen277.jpg

I DO think the jump from the PSX/N64 era to this gen was quite a bit larger, however. Look at GT2 in comparison...

gt2_screen168.jpg

gt2_screen288.jpg

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
You're right, in that shot, the textures really aren't that hot...

They look really nice here, though...

726_0001.jpg

*possibly the best PGR3 shot I've seen yet*

Hajaz

am i the only one who sees something odd in this pic?
look at the perspective of the chinese (or whatever) sign above the spoiler.
then look to the right of the sign to the pieces of concrete in between the buildings windows.
am i the only one who thinks the pieces of concrete dont have the right perspective?
its like youre looking at them from the front when you should be looking at them from the side (like the chinese sign). the camera is to the left of the building

btw i really like the 360 hardware so this isnt intended as a bash

mrklaw

MrArseFace
hajaz, I see what you mean. Maybe thats an artifact from the textures being built up from photos? the photo would have been taken from the front of the building, and would have some lighting in it for the window frame 'bezels'.

BTW, Japanese - and I'm more concerned about that billboard having what looks like a 4 pixel wide texture on it.

That sign is sticking out, it's not pasted against the building. Look up the street, there are many more just like it. Nothing wrong with the perspective at all.

Hajaz

my point is that the pieces of contcrete between the windows look like the cam is in front of the building, when the cam is to the left of the building.
not sure whats causing it. maybe its that paralax mapping thing, or maybe its an optical illusion or whatever. i doubt the entire front of the building would be one single static texture
i mentioned the bilboard to show the cams position, thats all, i know that its sticking out

Pimpwerx

I love that Countach shot. This game has really pleased me since there were so many early doubts from the E3 trailer. And the bg detail is phenomenal. I wish BC would make another F1 game. They could do Monaco some real justice. :) PEACE.

Top Bottom