• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Marvel's Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Trailer

trikster40

Got some Aquaman vibes from the trailer. Funnily enough, I think I’ve gotten to where I prefer the series to the movies. just ready for them to start being a bit more cohesive. They were so tightly knit for the infinity saga, but phase 4 has felt like a giant unraveled ball of yarn. Just needs to be knit into something.

Doom85

rseXr7C.gif

Continues to look fucking awesome.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Finally got to hear Namor speak. He didn't come off as sinister as I was hoping but looking good.

HoodWinked

Ah, the latest MSheU trailer just dropped. I have no interest in this one either.

ya I don't wanna sound like that guy but to be intellectually honest it is staggering that they introduced all of this in such a short period of time, it was really not a sprinkling but a deluge.

female Loki
female Hawkeye
Ms Marvel
Female Mighty Thor
She-Hulk
female Ironman (Iron Heart)
female Black Panther

MastaKiiLA

Fuck, Namor is gonna be another complex villain like Killmonger, isn't he? I bet he's got valid beef with Wakanda, and I'm gonna end up feeling some kinda way about his objective. I trust Ryan Coogler to deliver another outstanding flick. Haters gonna hate, but I'm here for more Okoye and Shuri Panther. The CG looks good in the trailer, so I actually expect her to look better in the fight scenes than in BP1.

MastaKiiLA

ya I don't wanna sound like that guy but to be intellectually honest it is staggering that they introduced all of this in such a short period of time, it was really not a sprinkling but a deluge.

female Loki
female Hawkeye
Ms Marvel
Female Mighty Thor
She-Hulk
female Ironman (Iron Heart)
female Black Panther
Shuri was always the favorite to take over as BP once Chadwick died. There was speculation that she'd take over for him or Iron Man since Infinity War. Iron Heart makes sense to introduct in this film, given the end of BP1. I assume she'll have some connection to one of the community centers Wakanda was setting up at the time.

Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk are female characters, and both get to piggyback off name association with their more successful film siblings. That seems like a simple accounting decision.

Female Loki would've felt forced, if they didn't make her the main character halfway through the season. It gives them another character (or more) to build streaming content around, and the audience was still able to enjoy all of Loki's hijinks. TBH, I don't think Loki can carry a series by himself. He needs support, someone to play off of; preferably "the straight man", which is what Silvie was.

Female Hawkeye can die in a fire. A worse version of the worst Avonger? Fuck out of here with that.

Female Thor...meh. I didn't like Love and Thunder. Short of this being a tribute to Portman, I didn't understand the need for much of the film. TBF, the concept they were going with of love worked with her, but I think the execution was poor.

Cocksman

I’ve read a first or second draft of coogler’s post Chadwick version of the script.
Those who don’t like shuri panther will be happy with the films ending assuming they went with it .

Last edited by a moderator:

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I’ve read a first or second draft of coogler’s post Chadwick version of the script.
Those who don’t like shuri panther will be happy with the films ending assuming they went with it .
The
Dr Doom
post credits scene should be hnnnng worthy

nush

I would say that both my daughters (13 and 9), love all the content that the MCU has put out with female leads. Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, Scarlet Witch etc....

So really its not failing..

Both of your daughters? Wow, that's amazing!

Soodanim

Gold Member
The trailer didn't do anything for me at all. I don't care about any of it. I didn't realise that was supposed to be Namor, it was only the posts that made me realise.

I used to see most MCU movies in the cinema, now I maybe get round to streaming them if I can be bothered. The only exception has been No Way Home, for obvious reasons. Black Panther will be not be a second exception.

GymWolf

Fuck, Namor is gonna be another complex villain like Killmonger, isn't he? I bet he's got valid beef with Wakanda, and I'm gonna end up feeling some kinda way about his objective. I trust Ryan Coogler to deliver another outstanding flick. Haters gonna hate, but I'm here for more Okoye and Shuri Panther. The CG looks good in the trailer, so I actually expect her to look better in the fight scenes than in BP1.
The guy with the plan of giving weapons to oppressed black people to fuck up white oppressors because he thought it was enough to turn the cards on the table was a complex character??

He was basically a blacklivesmatter crazy activist with muscles.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
The funniest thing is last week the clickbaiters were pushing some unknown guy who added himself to the movie’s IMDB page as the new Black Panther and not Shuri. Then Marvel drops the trailer to nuke their Adsense income.

JCK75

Multiverse is the only possibility to explain why Blade was a gangster during the first season of Luke Cage and why his mom showed a picture of her deseased son to Tony Stark in Civil War, though.

And at what point did Hannibal King turn into Deadpool

RoboFu

One of the green rats
To the weirdos…,

There is nothing in this movie that’s not been in the comics for years.
Is there a agenda ? Of course.. did it produce any of these characters? No they all already existed as they are shown.

Last edited:

nush

I used to see most MCU movies in the cinema, now I maybe get round to streaming them if I can be bothered.

This is where I'm at too, although before Endgame I realized that I'm not interested in seeing any more "Origin" single hero MCU movies. Thor L&S felt like a step back in that regard, so just Black Panther, that's not actually Black Panther and solo, nope. Maybe if I'm bored or the normie buzz is actually good about it.

Still feel it's pretty shitty to base your next big budget, money making superhero epic on someone's real and actual death, but I guess Disney would probably puppet Walt's corpse across the screen if they thought it would make them enough money.
I would genuinely pay to see that.

XIJJvu9.gif

Doom85

And at what point did Hannibal King turn into Deadpool

Pffft, you think anyone will bother to acknowledge Blade Trinity? Even Deadpool 1 and 2 didn’t bother and they roasted both Green Lantern and X-men Origins: Wolverine so it’s not like Ryan Reynolds wouldn’t be up for taking a shot at it. You’d probably have to remind him he was even in that piece of shit.

bitbydeath

Still feel it's pretty shitty to base your next big budget, money making superhero epic on someone's real and actual death, but I guess Disney would probably puppet Walt's corpse across the screen if they thought it would make them enough money.
The movie won’t age well if they focus too much on his passing, hopefully it’s just the opening scene and they move on from it thereafter.

I thought the first one was really boring and had terrible special effects in certain scenes. This one looks better and more fun but it's not going to be the same without Boseman.

It still terrifies me that such a well-built and healthy looking man passed away from cancer. Such a shame.

Bragr

Banned
The left pair of shades? Yeah, not big on the design. Other than that, I see nothing ridiculous here.
The massive glasses on the tiny bald head, the mean mugging, the tracksuit, the absurd weird mohawk that's too big for her head.

The whole scene looks like a shitty b-movie with budget actors. Well, which it kinda is.

I guess the picture makes sense.

Top Bottom