• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Marvel's Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Trailer

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Seen approx 1 hour of the movie so far and I can already tell it's absolute garbage. When will Marvel's obsession with shitty teenage sidekicks stop?

On what planet does some teenage girl have the ability to produce a machine to find vibranium on zero budget, conjured using junk parts and no vibranium to hand? Nevermind that Iron Man suit. Jesus Christ. It doesn't help she appears to be an insufferable cunt.

Why does every new Marvel movie have an annoying twat of a teenage sidekick?

All three big releases - Doctor Strange, Thor and now Black Panther have been awful. Dreary me all these new Marvel movies are utter shite.
She done my head right in, completely unbelievable and downright unnecessary and brought nothing to the movie other than a "sassy you go girl" attitude.. Oh fuck off, yeah when you think Marvel used to release movies like Winter Soldier a proper grown up super hero flick with great writing and great characters and now they just churn out fucking garbage aimed at generation fucking stupid..

how this movie scored lol 84% critics and the fucking lolz 94% audience reviews says a lot

Yerd

I just watched it last night. I'm surprised I didn't hate it. I guess I was expecting much worse. Still Shuri as bp is not the solution.

In the 90's calling someone Riri is not a good thing....maybe it's a local thing where I grew up.

I am impressed with how strongly they went with chromatic aberration / blur effects on what was not the intended focal point of the scene… so heavy handed and what an eye sore. Was wondering if this was a TV series or a made for theatres movie in some parts…

I streamed Venom 2 a few months back and noticed this. The blurring was excessive in that movie. My first thought was, wtf fuck is wrong with my stream, did I choose standard def? Nope, I had the 4k version going. Then I thought, I bet this is how they save data costs on streaming, make everything look like shit before hand so your shitty streaming service doesn't have to actually compress anything in the first place.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I just watched it last night. I'm surprised I didn't hate it. I guess I was expecting much worse. Still Shuri as bp is not the solution.

In the 90's calling someone Riri is not a good thing....maybe it's a local thing where I grew up.

I streamed Venom 2 a few months back and noticed this. The blurring was excessive in that movie. My first thought was, wtf fuck is wrong with my stream, did I choose standard def? Nope, I had the 4k version going. Then I thought, I bet this is how they save data costs on streaming, make everything look like shit before hand so your shitty streaming service doesn't have to actually compress anything in the first place.
I bet it is the same on the UHD Blu-Ray… sigh… just the way it is shot.

OZ9000

Banned
Seen approx 1 hour of the movie so far and I can already tell it's absolute garbage. When will Marvel's obsession with shitty teenage sidekicks stop?

On what planet does some teenage girl have the ability to produce a machine to find vibranium on zero budget, conjured using junk parts and no vibranium to hand? Nevermind that Iron Man suit. Jesus Christ. It doesn't help she appears to be an insufferable cunt.

Why does every new Marvel movie have an annoying twat of a teenage sidekick?

All three big releases - Doctor Strange, Thor and now Black Panther have been awful. Dreary me all these new Marvel movies are utter shite.
Having finished the movie I must say it wasn't as bad as I originally anticipated however those costume designs looked retarded. The movie was far too long. The aidechick was insufferable.

Doesn't hold a candle to the first movie. But it was better than the latest Thor and Doctor Strange, although that isn't saying much.

TonyK

Just finished watching it, one of the worse, if not the worst, Marvel movie. I consider myself a superhero fan (I watched all superheroes movies from Marvel and DC) and this is terrible. Even my 10yo son said it was like a TV Show, not like a movie. He compared the pacing and boredom to Rings of power.

P.d. New IronMan, Ironheart, is... 🤢

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Just finished watching it, one of the worse, if not the worst, Marvel movie. I consider myself a superhero fan (I watched all superheroes movies from Marvel and DC) and this is terrible. Even my 10yo son said it was like a TV Show, not like a movie. He compared the pacing and boredom to Rings of power.

I really enjoyed it and thought Thor was way worse. I agree with you about Ironheart. Trash tier character no development no nothing shes just a genius that can make anything out of toothpicks or whatever

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned

The new wave of superheroes that have been conjured in the past 10 years are truly awful tbh.

I think both Thor and Doctor Strange were worse than this movie.

The best thing to come out of Wakanda Forever:

This scene was awesome.

Dural

Recently watched this and thought it was horrible. I'll echo many of the complaints; Ironheart was really bad, the final battle was complete garbage and looked low budget, and the new Black panther is just not good. It's crazy, they started strong with Black Panther in Civil War being the standout character, then when he got his own movie he sucked throughout and got outperformed by the villain, then he's dead at the beginning of his sequel with barely an explanation. They should have just recast the character and had him being a bad ass throughout.

Also, anyone else find the accents absolutely horrible? On the level of Dick VanDyke in Marry Poppins!

Top Bottom