• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Guilty Gear game coming in 2020

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The animation looks fantastic, looks a lot crazier than the already nuts XRD. Sold.
My only reservation is that I still get mileage out of Xrd Rev2 even two years later and it's a safe bet that this will be a roster reset instead of an addition to the Rev2 roster.

Oh well. GG is my favorite fighting game franchise. I'm there Day One. Hoping that some of the characters omitted from Xrd (like Zappa, Testament, and Robo Ky) make a return. Since Rev2 was a genuine conclusion to the arc, I'm curious where they'll take the lore next.

ARCsys does it again. This game looks beautiful. AND THIS WAS ONLY A TEASER!

SWqAnj8.jpg

beautiful

Celcius

°Temp. member
Day one!
For some reason I always thought there would be one more game in the current guilty gear series but I guess I was wrong. I’m guessing this will be a cross-gen title.

You know if they never released DBFZ 2 and simply kept releasing updates for DBFZ, I would have been fine with that....

...But after seeing this, if they continue evolving the graphics, I wouldn't mind upgrading to DBFZ 2 if it's more than simply characters/stages/mechanics update.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Meh after their last two games I'm gonna wait. Dizzy took forever to come out and then you had to pay for her again in the "GOTY" version. So tired of this shit.

Great choice for the animation over the choppiness of the last one. It was so unappealing and jarring in comparison with the visuals. The sound design will still probably annoy the hell out of me, but it may end up getting purchased.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Day one!
For some reason I always thought there would be one more game in the current guilty gear series but I guess I was wrong.
Same, I was hoping for just a few more returning characters to show up in Xrd to round out the roster, but I guess my hopes will now be pinned on this one.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Good for me, but probably not good for the game's fans.

I mean, I like the change, but I think it's a good thing there's (or there was) a game that fills that niche.
You know it has a mode for kids called stylish right?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Good for me, but probably not good for the game's fans.

I mean, I like the change, but I think it's a good thing there's (or there was) a game that fills that niche.
Depends on how they simplify.

Xrd was simplified compared to Accent Core Plus in quite a few ways but I only heard a bit of complaining around when -Sign- first launched. By the time Revelator came out, no one was beating the "simplified" war drum, yet that was the game which added 'Stylish mode' to the franchise like @Whataburger said.

Guilty Gear doesn't revolve around long combo chains, either, so unless chains get longer and the overall gameplay gets slower, I'm not too worried about simplification.

Javthusiast

Banned
Hyped for this game.

even though secretly I was hoping for a One Piece or JoJo announcement.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Awesome. I kinda wish there was an ultimate version of Guilty Gear Xrd by now. Accent Core Plus R is for the 2D series. I don't mind buying a new one. I just hope it last longer. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing right? I own Xrd and Rev 2. I sat out on Rev 1 just because Rev 2 was announced shortly thereafter. The animations look great. I mainly use Sol, so seeing him in action is awesome. I also use Testament, so I hope he gets added to this (finally).

mejin

Arc System is fuckn monster as a developer. Holy shit.

DBZ, Granblue VS, Blazblue Crosstag, Guilty Gear and even a new Persona fighting should be in development. It's insane how they became so efficient this gen

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Wonder if this is a prequel or a sequel? Some perceptive GG nerds have pointed out that Sol's weapon says "Outrage MKII" which may have been turned into Sol's Xrd weapon "Junkyard Dog MKIII".

Also, Ky Kiske's sword shares some design similarities with Leo Whitefang's greatswords:

GGXRD_Leo_BrynhildrStance.png

Blood Borne

Just beautiful. Guilty Gear Xrd is my favourite fighter this gen.

I hope Capcom changes the art style of SFVI to something like this. Art style such as this encourages developers to go crazy with the moves and gameplay.

Barnabot

Look great but I better wait if they're gonna implement a few revisions after that game and sell them almost at full price. I've dodged that bullet once ArcSys.

brian0057

Banned
If only DOOM and DOOM: Eternal had music this good instead of that pseudo-dubstep BS that Mick Gordon calls a soundtrack.
Daisuke Ishiwatari is a god.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
The early scene showing a bunch of (I assume) dead Gears indicates this takes place after the Crusades.

xzTlfU4.png

Possibly, this takes place in an alternative timeline/dimension and may feature I-No more prominently.

AlexxKidd

Just beautiful. Guilty Gear Xrd is my favourite fighter this gen.

I hope Capcom changes the art style of SFVI to something like this. Art style such as this encourages developers to go crazy with the moves and gameplay.

Nah, mainline Street Fighter is not anime. But, Street Fighter Alpha practically invented anime so yes I agree with DunDunDunpachi. Of course there has been no indication of a return of the Alpha series.

This game looks amazing. I wonder if they're just going to stick with "Guilty Gear" or is that is just a working title.

Blood Borne

Nah, mainline Street Fighter is not anime. But, Street Fighter Alpha practically invented anime so yes I agree with DunDunDunpachi. Of course there has been no indication of a return of the Alpha series.

This game looks amazing. I wonder if they're just going to stick with "Guilty Gear" or is that is just a working title.
Most likely a working title. It was XX then XXX (Xrd), therefore expect something silly like Xth

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Awww, I hope not, I really want to continue last games story and maybe get the chance to play as 'That Man'
It's just speculation. The updated designs of Ky and Sol could be a sign that this takes place many years after Xrd. Sol has sleeves and fewer belts. Is this a variant on his Order Sol outfit or something new entirely? Ky's Sacred Order of Holy Knights outfit is now just a jacket, and he has a brand-new sword, possibly indicating he isn't king anymore.

Can't wait to find out!

Pejo

Looks great, I really like Ky's new look and the new character. Looks like we're getting stage transitions, which are fun and add a spicy effect to battles. I hope they don't start over with the roster again. I want additive!

Top Bottom