• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Guilty Gear game coming in 2020

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Doesn't really need its own thread:

Guilty Gear will be playable at ArcRevo World Tour Final 2019 taking place on Nov 16 and 17.

This is a good -sign- since it means the game is at least in a playable state.

The newly announced Guilty Gear game will be playable at ArcRevo World Tour Final 2019 on November 16 and 17 at the UC Irvine Student Center in Irvine, California, developer Arc System Works announced.
Other playable titles at the event include BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle Special Edition and Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[cl-r], as well as BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, BlazBlue: Central Fiction, Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, and Kill la Kill: IF.
The new Guilty Gear game is due out in 2020 for unannounced platforms.

No clue. It's a translation of ASW's Japanese announcement, so maybe they mean "complete" or "collector's" edition.
I see. Well Special Edition was the name of the complete edition of Central Fiction on Switch. Them turning 2.0 into a relaunch, on top of being a DLC/patch for regular edition, of Cross Tag wouldn't surprise me given how badly it sold.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I see. Well Special Edition was the name of the complete edition of Central Fiction on Switch. Them turning 2.0 into a relaunch, on top of being a DLC/patch for regular edition, of Cross Tag wouldn't surprise me given how badly it sold.
If this is the case, count me in. I know they're adding more characters soon. I've been holding off on BBxT until they come out with an all-in-one (or mostly-all-in-one) package.

Barnabot

Plus the most of the char sprites don't look that pretty in 1080p except for the RWBY cast. It may look nice om Switch but on PC :cry:

Nymphae

Banned
I saw BBXTB in Walmart last night up to the price of a full game for some reason. I bought it at launch and it was like $40.

I wonder what's going to be this guy's story?

cd8P9m.gif

wHIWnz.gif

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I saw BBXTB in Walmart last night up to the price of a full game for some reason. I bought it at launch and it was like $40.
That isn't even the full game either right? Like half of the cast?

Vlaphor

Why does May look grown up when Ky looks younger than his kid? Also, this game better have Bridget!

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
More info coming some time between Sept 27th and 29th at CEOtaku (thanks for posting the trailer Wheeljack539 Wheeljack539 )

I would've loved to see May in action. She's a fun character for whomping on people.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
This is the best design for Ky yet, IMO Grand Theft Scratchy Grand Theft Scratchy

Since this is clearly takes place some time after Xrd, I wonder who will return. It'll be cool to see characters get another fresh coat of paint (personally, I loved the Xrd redesigns for Millia Rage and for Potemkin)

Helios

Wait his second name is "Badguy"!?

Subtle lol.
He's actually one of the main characters and a good guy. I assume it's the Japanese version of the trope of rebellious a person that is very cold, lazy and cocky on the exterior but actually a good guy inside.
Pretty sure the creator is also a big Queen/Freddy Mercury fan so he named him after Mr Bad Guy

Last edited:

chriskun

Hopefully this game will still have the following series staples:
-horrible lobby systems
-horrible netcode
-horrible balance
-arbitrary and over-designed systems
-charging for updates
-pandering to pedophiles

Hostile_18

Banned
The guilty gear games are on sale at the moment. Which one is the latest one? Would it make sense story wise as a player who's never played one?.. or would it even matter?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
The guilty gear games are on sale at the moment. Which one is the latest one? Would it make sense story wise as a player who's never played one?.. or would it even matter?
Xrd relevator ?

Best one imo is GG xx reloaded.
Don't worry about the story it's a fighter

Life

I wonder if they're going to include guest characters like a lot of fighting games are doing these days.

Nymphae

Banned
Looks great but I was hoping to see actual match footage and not just more cut up combo stuff, it's hard to get a sense of the flow of matches from this and how the systems differ from what came before. In time I guess. I was just hoping for a little more from this trailer, really hoping the next one shows a bit more off.

Barnabot

I hope Arc System uses season passes and updates for a single game only now instead of selling full games disguised as revisions. I don't like buying the same game over and over just because of some revisions.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I hope Arc System uses season passes and updates for a single game only now instead of selling full games disguised as revisions. I don't like buying the same game over and over just because of some revisions.
-Sign- was at the end of 2014, then Revelator was a year later, then Rev2 less than a year after that. My gripe is they released in quick succession and also kept some characters behind the DLC paywall, so it was the worst of both worlds. Since I buy physical, I wouldn't mind a revision every 18-24 months but yeah, this is ASW we're talking about and they do not have a good track record with DLC structure (hello BB Cross Tag).

Quick EDIT: now that I think about it, ASW did the same thing with UNIEL, though they were just the publisher in that case. UNIEL Late, then Late[st] (only added 2 characters iirc) and then Late[cl-r] (only added one more) all within a few years.

At least they sent BlazBlue off with a bang. Central Fiction was jam-packed with amazing characters and the only DLC was Jubei iirc.

Last edited:

Barnabot

-Sign- was at the end of 2014, then Revelator was a year later, then Rev2 less than a year after that. My gripe is they released in quick succession and also kept some characters behind the DLC paywall, so it was the worst of both worlds. Since I buy physical, I wouldn't mind a revision every 18-24 months but yeah, this is ASW we're talking about and they do not have a good track record with DLC structure (hello BB Cross Tag).
In this scenario I'm thinking about how they are handling Dragon Ball FighterZ. So far no scam from their side (except for a little one for having Base Goku and Base Vegeta as part of fighter pass but that's on me).

If they can handle this new GG game the same fashion as FighterZ then I'll be fine with that.

Top Bottom