• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New graphics demo from Nvidia - Nvidia Racer RTX

PS7? you sound silly…
silly? It's just a fast estimation (nothing scientific here) based on the quality of the footage and TF / power needed while leaving out all the actual social implications (raw materials, manufacturing issue, energy cost, geopolitics) all we have ahead.
Basically each console generation is a generation behind than pc graphics cards because they have to keep the power consumption in the 250/200 Watt range and the 500 euros price tag.. I don't get how they can achieve that in 5 years from now. Happy to be wrong.

silly? It's just a fast estimation (nothing scientific here) based on the quality of the footage and TF / power needed while leaving out all the actual social implications (raw materials, manufacturing issue, energy cost, geopolitics) all we have ahead.
Basically each console generation is a generation behind than pc graphics cards because they have to keep the power consumption in the 250/200 Watt range and the 500 euros price tag.. I don't get how they can achieve that in 5 years from now. Happy to be wrong.
Pretty sure next gen will hit 2028 or later but even if its 5 years from now look at The Matrix Awakens from 2021…on PS5…now think about a PS6 with 50 TFLOPS…

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Looks beautiful, but for me to experience this in all its glory, I'd need to fork out at least £4k for a top of the range rig with a decent monitor.

Lethal01

It's amazing what graphics can look like when you don't have to worry about building a game behind it. No I
AI, no physics, no collision detection, no real time interaction of environments or other cars.

That's literally the opposite of what this demo it, it has more physics and real time interaction than most games. that's the point.

OsirisBlack

Banned
Very pretty. Let's hope devs try to push well past consoles on the max settings because that's the only way we are going to see this translated to games.
No damn it. It will be the usual, reflections, resolution, ray tracing, shadows and frame rate and you will like it. (Pc dev voice)

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
I thought the UE5 demo impressed but this is new level. Shame we won't see these type of graphics this console generation.

Top Bottom