• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New beautiful screenshots surface for Elden Ring

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Bandai Namco has released some new screenshots from its upcoming highly-anticipated action RPG, Elden Ring.
Maybe Bandai Namco is sharing these as teasers for Tokyo Game Show 2021. Thus, we might get a new trailer at that event.

In Elden Ring, players will ride through the vast fields, gallop over rolling hills, and leap to the top of rocky crags on your ephemeral steed, revealing a world teeming with life and danger.
The game will have mythic creatures that prowl the veldts, ineffable horrors that lurk in the bogs and marshes, and all manner of soldiers and itinerant warriors. Moreover, shy creatures will nibble on sweet grasses or scuttle through the underbrush.

Furthermore, players can try dozens of skills and find one to best suit their style. Players can practice stealth to avoid danger or catch enemies unaware. Additionally, they can use the environment, the weather, and the time of day to gain an advantage.
The game will also rely on dodge and parry mechanics. Players will have to learn the art of combat where they must read their enemy’s intentions. Thus, a well-timed dodge or parry could be the difference between life and death.

Elden Ring new screenshots-1Elden Ring new screenshots-2Elden Ring new screenshots-3 Elden Ring new screenshots-4Elden Ring new screenshots-5Elden Ring new screenshots-6 Elden Ring new screenshots-7Elden Ring new screenshots-8Elden Ring new screenshots-9

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Every time another disappointing thing happens in video gaming, this monster pops back up with something to restore my faith.

Taylor Swift GIF by The Voice

I will be excited for the people who are excited for these games, but for me they are way too stressful when I am in combat. It's a shame because outside of combat I love the way these souls games look and feel atmosphere wise. it makes me wish I could mod a game on console somehow to remove all enemies and traps and just walk my character around every in the world. Especially Dark Souls 1. I'd also disable environmental kills like falls from various heights. I know it would cease to be a game at that point, but it reminds me of all those out of bounds videos on youtube that pc players make.

Like this:

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
That heavy foggy atmosphere is really wonderful. Does anyone know whether the overworld will feature dynamic weather?

All I can think about when I hear open world Dark Souls is all of the time I'm going to waste not only dying and starting over, but now I'll have to walk even farther.

Looks phenomenal, though.

PC Gamer

Has enormous collection of anime/manga. Cosplays as waifu.
I want to like this but it looks just like the Demon's/Dark Souls games, and I don't like them at all. :/

rapid32.5

Does it look better than Demon's Souls remake ? I'm not sure anymore need more feedback.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
thats why current gen consoles is important.

I have a feeling this game would run unstable on past gen consoles.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I wonder if that man in the iron mask has a story or if he’s is just an enemy type. Reminds me a bit of the Boys of Silence and a whole lot of Man in the Iron Mask. Simply beautiful work.

Larxia

This screenshot in particular looks really fake to me, I don't know how to explain it but the visuals, the overall scene, it looks like a weird mockup or something, there's something off about it, definitely doesn't look like ingame screenshot.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
As usual they outdid themselves with the enemy designs. My absolute favorite part of Souls games is meeting new foes.

Top Bottom