• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix Unsolved Mysteries Trailer

Nymphae

Banned
I like watching the original ones on Amazon Prime, I also have a collection of VHS taped episodes on a hard drive.

Mainstream investigations of alleged paranormal phenomenon don't excite me anymore. A guy I work with is always telling me about bigfoot and ghost videos he watches and it always sounds the same. A sound. A light. What was that!? Yawn.

carlosrox

Banned
The show is awesome. Been a fan since I was a kid, even though the music and skits would scare the absolute fuck out of me sometimes.

I own 3 of the collections on DVD and they were worth every penny: Ghosts, UFOs, and Strange Legends.

The show was always a good time but the paranormal stuff was definitely the best part.

It's been on Amazon for a while and within the last year or so I think the whole show (maybe missing some segments?) was put up on YouTube.

Some episodes are creepy as shit to this day and I wouldn't be caught dead watching em alone at night.

Robert Stack, the music, and the rather well done reenactments made the show a classic.

Without an amazing narrator and great music that suits the mood perfectly this ain't touching the original.

Last edited:
These kinds of shows were amazing back in the TV days, but you can find all of these stories covered by Youtube shows now. Some very well done too.
I agree!

Still good to have an official show about those things tho. Let's see, hope it turns out well.

I heard there is gonna be an episode about the mysterious disappearance of Shadowplay1979 Shadowplay1979 after he asked this question.
AnyUncommonFlatfish-size_restricted.gif

belmarduk

Just one more week!
I wish Netflix would stop doing these limited series, though. I like to binge watch a whole season.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
God i remember the ghost/supernatural stories on this show scaring the crap outta me back in the day.

Still not the same without Robert Stack as host.

Just finished watching the first 6 episodes (volume 1). 5 murders and one UFO phenomenon.

This show desperately needs a host :(

Still it is pretty damn good, some of these stories, man... holy fucking shit

belmarduk

I had today off so I binged all of them and was pleasantly surprised. There's still a lot of mystique to them and I'm glad they used lesser-known mysteries.

Its very different from the classic Unsolved Mysteries in that it focuses on one case per episode and there is no narrator (for the best since Robert Stack is dead any I doubt anyone could measure up.)

Azzurri

Watched 3 of the 6 so far.

Episode 3 was pretty crazy, dude killed his whole fam and just nonchalantly drives the west coast of France and just peaces out to who knows where.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Hopefully this has the right mix of true crime stuff and alien, paranormal stuff.
Edit: reading the thread it sounds like it has a decent mix, but one case per show is kinda a downer.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Hopefully this has the right mix of true crime stuff and alien, paranormal stuff.
Edit: reading the thread it sounds like it has a decent mix, but one case per show is kinda a downer.
First 2 were crime. I liked the first one. Was weird. Second was just meh.

carlosrox

Banned
Not as good as the original show of course but this is pretty nice.

That guy in the 13 Minutes episode is clear as day a fucking creep, Jesus Christ. What a piece of shit.

Watched three (not in order) finding it really boring. Cold Case Files seems way better. Not getting any closure is dull. I can appreciate that for UFO stories but why revisit normal cases with no resolve?

The technology exist to take Stacks words and cleanly reorganize them to have him narrate today. Then I'd watch.
*Edit: or synthesize it

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
I can appreciate that for UFO stories but why revisit normal cases with no resolve?

The idea was originally to highlight paranormal cases as well as cold cases which the public might be able to help with, Stack always gave the number and said "Perhaps you can help solve a mystery", and they would do follow up episodes when tips were called in and something came of it. Sounds like the new one is more about slick dramatizations.

Last edited:

sobaka770

Banned
There's a bit too much personal drama there for sappiness in some cases. I'd rather a colder format than sitting there listening to heartwarming stories of how great the victims were for 20 minutes.
However the later episodes are shorter and better and I liked the French house story as it truly shows the mentality of French aristocracy well.

UFO episode is pure shlock, what's not to love?

TrainedRage

Banned
Any one watching season 2 yet? I freeking love this show.

I wonder what Jack Wheeler knew that got him killed? Clearly a hit. So strange. Maybe a manic episode where he was compromised?

Last edited:
Top Bottom