• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEGA Community Thread |OT| To be this good takes AGES

Daniel Thomas MacInnes

GAF's Resident Saturn Omnibus

This new Sega-Atlus-Vanillaware is a God Send for Sega Saturn fans.

It's basically a Shining Force/Dragon Force/Princess Crown mash up 💪🏻

SEGA community thread

Kazza Kazza and Fat Frog powered.

Ooh, that's going to be awesome. Definitely taking inspiration from Dragon Force, a series that deserved to sell millions. In a just world, we'd have as many DF games as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. And I always love how Vanillaware follows the same art style going all the way back to Princess Crown (another unjustly overlooked Sega Saturn classic...cough, fan translation, ahem).

I hope this videogame is successful enough to enable Sega to look at its vast software library and consider reviving its many RPG classics: Shining Force 3 Trilogy, Terra Phantastica, Princess Crown, Dragon Force.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Ooh, that's going to be awesome. Definitely taking inspiration from Dragon Force, a series that deserved to sell millions. In a just world, we'd have as many DF games as Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. And I always love how Vanillaware follows the same art style going all the way back to Princess Crown (another unjustly overlooked Sega Saturn classic...cough, fan translation, ahem).

I hope this videogame is successful enough to enable Sega to look at its vast software library and consider reviving its many RPG classics: Shining Force 3 Trilogy, Terra Phantastica, Princess Crown, Dragon Force.
Vanilla games are on the rise:
Dragon's Crown > Million seller
13 Sentinels > Million seller

Plus, Sega-Atlus networks will help.

RayBoy

nNrSCAj.jpg

Celcius

°Temp. member
Does playing burned games on a dreamcast vs retail disks wear the laser down faster?
Also, I remember dreamcasts having the VGA adapter back in the day... how easy is it to connect to DC to a TV via HDMI, just need an adapter?

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia

Looking good ! (except Tyris and the SOR screenshot is too small, cannot see anything 😅)

Last edited:
Top Bottom