• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF SEGA Community Thread |OT| To be this good takes AGES

Paprium already funded.
We'll unlock a lot of new platforms and secrets... 🤑

Pissed off about this as I am still waiting on my Mega Drive game that they still haven't shipped out.

Would have accepted my loss of investment if it hadn't been Fonzie being a massive dick and doing this. I want a free copy of the Switch version if they can't reimburse me for my 2013 Investment.

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Pissed off about this as I am still waiting on my Mega Drive game that they still haven't shipped out.

Would have accepted my loss of investment if it hadn't been Fonzie being a massive dick and doing this. I want a free copy of the Switch version if they can't reimburse me for my 2013 Investment.
Yeah, ask for special gift for your primary investment. Thznks to all 2013 backers by yhe way.

Fat Frog

Maybe on the Switch online stuffs ?
(Nex Entertainement died in 2016)
Did Sega obtain the rights like they did with Technosoft properties ? (never seen a re release of Soleil...)

Last edited:

ShinobiWan1

Otogi 1 & 2 are finally back in the picture!!!

back-compat.png

Xbox One Backward Compatibility - Xbox's Major Nelson

Kazza

Has Otogi 2 been this expensive for a while now, or are sellers just trying their luck in light of the recent announcement?

qMdTcox.png

Gun Valkyrie is still pretty reasonable:

MxRD9n8.png

I bought both a few years back, and I'm pretty sure they were only 10 GBP or so. By some logic the price should actually go down once they are widely for sale cheap on Xbox Online. BTW, are any of the BC games available on GamePass, or are they separate things entirely?

I only have an OG Xbox and a 360, but I might try the later to see if they have been made BC on that too (it's a long shot, but the 360 BC version of Orta was upgraded when that was announced).

Any crazy optimists here who think that the reason Outrun 2 and JSRF weren't included in this final batch is because they are getting modern remasters on all platforms? :messenger_beaming:

My favorite Sega Genesis memory in particular is my brother was watching me play Sonic 2. I made it near the end for the first time and our mom let us stay home from school so I could finish it. I forget the level name (it’s the one where you are on the plane). Good times.

D for Sega Saturn, that game also introduced memories to me I’d rather forget. That game was scary, man. LAURAAA. Fck Laura.

Kazza

I hope that weird squidgy noise they have for the gunshots is just for the trailer (probably don't want to drown out the music). A light gun game without the light gun just isn't the same, so it's disappointing that they don't seem to be planning on releasing one (using Sinden-like tech). They could have done a whole Sega light gun collection (Virtua Cop, LA Machineguns etc).

Still, I actual like the job this team did with the Panzer remake, so this should be a competent effort too.

Fat Frog

Staff from Japan Studio joined Media Vision (Valkyria 4) and 5 games are being developped.

Do you think a new Valkyria is among these projects ?

Kazza

Staff from Japan Studio joined Media Vision (Valkyria 4) and 5 games are being developped.

Do you think a new Valkyria is among these projects ?

weren't they panning an "Eastern Campaign" story next for VC? With 5 games in development, a VC game is likely I think.

Kazza

Or a Sakura Wars ?

There has been a lot of debate about whether VC4 and SW did well sales-wise. The former did have the advantage of a multi-plat release. I get the feeling that both did ok, but not fantastic.

Maybe a new Shining Force SRPG? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fat Frog

There has been a lot of debate about whether VC4 and SW did well sales-wise. The former did have the advantage of a multi-plat release. I get the feeling that both did ok, but not fantastic.

Maybe a new Shining Force SRPG? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Yeah, a console version of this remake could be cool :

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
It seems there's been some development for Naomi 2 support in Flycast, I can't quite tell but I think it's currently available in some Dojo fork but should be in the main version too (but not the RetroArch core version yet)? Something like that. Either way that's cool, it will be nice to fully get rid of ol Demul if Flycast gets Naomi 2 playable on the same level as Dreamcast/Naomi/Atomiswave. I dunno why most of the youtube videos out are using the Android version but whatever works for people. Exciting!

Last edited:

Komatsu

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Woot, Naomi 2 support has already/finally made its way to the libretro Flycast core (still experimental, I guess). Sadly the mattias crt shader I've been using in RetroArch as a no hassle catch-all deal totally wrecks the look with overbrightened areas everywhere so I switched to lottes, for now 😿
retroarch_2022_04_17_bwj9o.png
retroarch_2022_04_17_2bkda.png
retroarch_2022_04_17_xikof.png
retroarch_2022_04_17_vukkj.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom