• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann Working on Last of Us HBO Series

Love the LoU but can they really do anything we havent played or watched before? As Post Apocalyptic is my favorite setting, gotta say it a little tired right now.

I'm always curious about these adaptations.

Specifically - why most gamers want the actors to look like the characters from the game.
- I don't know anything about casting but wouldn't acting ability, and chemistry between actors be the most important factors?

Last edited:

spawn

Hugh Jackman for Joel please
logan-06_mag.jpg

mortal

Gold Member
Wouldn't it be more likely the HBO series will focus on different group of characters?

The story of the game is still ongoing, and I doubt Part II will be the last entry,
Would be pretty redundant for them to make a show only tell the same story and follow the same exact characters as the game.

Business

Wouldn't it be more likely the HBO series will focus on different group of characters?

The story of the game is still ongoing, and I doubt Part II will be the last entry,
Would be pretty redundant for them to make a show only tell the same story and follow the same exact characters as the game.

Would make sense but judging by Druckman‘s tweet on this very page it seems like the game’s characters will be in the show.

Geki-D

Banned

I'd prefer this too. It could even be canon to the games, just set in a different location.

Pilot episode has its director

This past March, HBO confirmed that it's teaming up with Naughty Dog to make a Last of Us TV show - which will replace the long-planned film adaptation.

Creator of HBO's Chernobyl (and writer of the upcoming Borderlands movie, directed by Eli Roth and starring Cate Blanchett), Craig Mazin, is executive producing and writing the series alongside Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann and recently, in an interview with Discussing Film, Johan Renck, who won an Emmy for directing all five episode of Chernobyl, confirmed he is on board to executive produce The Last of Us and direct "at least" the pilot episode.

Renck has also directed episode of Breaking Bad, Vikings, The Walking Dead, and Bates Motel.

Top Bottom