• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neil Druckmann Working on Last of Us HBO Series

ManaByte

Gold Member

In a rare development in the world of video game adaptations, the writer and creative director of the game, Neil Druckmann, is also involved, and will work with Mazin to pen and executive produce what is intended to be a series.

Hooo. TwD became hella stale (dry af), so Ill be interested in seeing how this turns out.
If they make this a compacted one hit series like watchmen the quality should be high. BUT its got the lore for a solid 2-3 seasons. lets just avoid the spinoffs.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Could be interesting if they nailed the clickers and all that in the show

Other than that there won't be anything special that we haven't seen already

Ballthyrm

I hope it goes as well as the adaptation of Uncharted.

Also, Craig Mazin, what are you doing? using your success to get that, should have aimed a lot higher.
He proved he didn't need someone else story, should continue trailblazing his own stuff.

Last edited:

J3nga

I've got mixed feelings about this. Not sure if it's actually that needed since the game itself makes emphasis on cinematography, on the other hand it would be cool to see one of my favorite games make it's way in to the movies universe. As I said - mixed feelings.

Pejo

I think it's funny that Hollywood and the entertainment industry are so bad these days that they've started leaning in to videogames for shows/movies, which in themselves are bad storytelling 90% of the time. Last of us was better than an average game for sure, at least.

Kadayi

Banned
who do you want as joe and elie?

image.jpg
SAG-Awards-Arrivals-600x773.jpg

I need something to replace The Walking Dead which went to shit around season 6 (or whenever Negan entered the story) so sign me up.

Fox Mulder

The setting and lore was fairly standard genre stuff. It had unique looking monsters though so should be set for a 7 season show.

I enjoyed the tense stealth gameplay the most though as it was best played on higher difficulty where you were barely finding loot and had to struggle.

Top Bottom