• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed UNBOUND reveal "IMMINENT" - Release date December 2nd.

Draugoth

Gold Member

Despite constant behind-the-scenes delays for the Need for Speed Unbound reveal, sources have now said that the reveal is imminent. It’s understood the long-awaited reveal will take place within the next 2 weeks.

Rumors have suggested that the reveal will take place in early October, although we are unable to corroborate an exact release date.

Sources have also revealed that Need for Speed Unbound will have a release date of December 2nd, 2022.

It’s understood that the trailer is around 1 minute 30 seconds in length and its soundtrack features American rapper A$AP Rocky. Need for Speed Unbound has been a hot topic of discussion following leaks of the game showing that the title will incorporate anime elements within the title. Fire, smoke, flames, etc. will all appear from the car as you drift, jump, and crash.

As I reported by eXputer earlier in the year, it’s understood that Need for Speed Unbound will be very multiplayer-focused and feature “meetups”. Meetups will allow people to race against one another in different locations around the map.

In addition, it’s been said that Need for Speed Unbound will feature unique maps that are completely unique to the Need for Speed franchise.

Originally, it was understood that the title was going to be revealed in July, then August, and then September. No official reason has been given for why the constant setbacks, but the reveal date is now on the horizon.

Unbound, the prequel to Unbounded.

capsule_616x353.jpg

... I dunno the extent of it but fire/smoke/flames isn't a usually a thing in anime car chases.

CuNi

Gold Member
Is this a new Main installment for consoles? Or a Mobile game meant to squeeze out money from nostalgic fans?
I've been out of the loop with NFS since Hot Pursuit Remaster.

Tommi84

UPDATE: Sources have confirmed that Need for Speed Unbound will only release on current-generation consoles.
The only thing that make me remotely being interested in the game, but we'll see.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I know people are setting their expectations because of the leaks we've seen but I don't think those are this or are representative of what the finish product will be.

wvnative

I was super hyped for this because Criterion, but the rumors/leaks have killed my expectations, excited to see the final product but not super optimistic now. The EXTREMELY delayed reveal has made me super cautious.

jaysius

Banned
For me the series peaked at Underground 2, the gawdy car lights, the fun police getaway moments where you wreck a gas station. The awful but somewhat tolerable music.

For me the biggest OOOF was when the once excellent Criterion made a NFS or were a big part of it, and it sucked balls, EA had taken all the good parts out of their designs and threw it into a pile of shit.

Please be good! I need me a good arcade racer. Played GT7, it's good but it's a SIM racer and it's just too much for me. Played FH5, it's good but I just didn't like the setting at all.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Hot Pursuit 2 - solid
Underground - masterpiece
Underground 2 - not great, not bad
Most Wanted - very solid
Carbon - it's kinda great
ProStreet - it's kinda boring
Undercover - even worse?!
Shift\Nitro - things got better, but not much
World - what the hell was that?
Hot Pursuit (2010) - solid
Shift 2 - things got boring
The Run - that is not a good game
Most Wanted (2012) - ok, but original still is better
Rivals - something good
Need for Speed (2015) - because they don't have creativity anymore, and that includes the game itself
Payback - they kill Burnout for this, and was not worth it
Heat - eh

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
For me the series peaked at Underground 2, the gawdy car lights, the fun police getaway moments where you wreck a gas station. The awful but somewhat tolerable music.
Are you thinking of the original Most Wanted? Underground games didn't have police.

H . R . 2

Logo Revealed:

1500x500-(1).jpg

"do not ignore"

unless the graphics are astonishing and the tone is mature enough I am not the least bit interested
it's not that difficult to get NFS right, just follow in the footsteps of Underground and Most Wanted
but it's never about what we want, but what THEY think we need

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Need 4 speed? Seriously? Get out of my face with that franchise it will catch less than 1 million sales bring back ridge racer.

Tunned

As some one who's played almost all NFS games from TNFS, I always hold hope that NFS is going to be great again. I'm not usually one to jump to conclusions, but Criterion NFS games were absolute dog crap, and Unbound does not feel like it is going to change that for me. I hope I'm wrong though.

tusharngf

Hot Pursuit 2 - solid
Most Wanted - very solid
Rivals - something good
Need for Speed (2015) - because they don't have creativity anymore, and that includes the game itself
Heat - eh

Heat is probably my favorite game even better than mw. It got a good storyline plus insane custumizations. Everything you want from need for speed game is there in HEAT.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Hot Pursuit 2 - solid
Most Wanted - very solid
Rivals - something good
Heat - eh

You forgot the originals. Those are certified classics.

Last edited:

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
You forgot the originals. Those are certified classics.
I didn't play them for real. It was mostly getting a few races and bye. Also, I looked at them in recent times and they didn't age very well, so I prefer not mentioning

nikos

Gold Member
Those new leaked screens look REALLY nice. Hype just went to 9000. Hopefully it plays well. Bonus if it plays well on a wheel, but I don't really care considering it's an arcade game. Can't wait to see more.

Top Bottom