• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed Unbound | Review Thread

rofif

Banned
This is going for 40$... I've not played NFS game since Carbon. I finished underground1, 2, most wanted, carbon... all back in the day.
I tried and disliked that later most wanted an hot pursuit but it was good 10 years ago.

I did added the 90% off nfs heat to psn library recently and I am yet to try that out.

I had a laugh when I heard a police officer say:
"
I'm here to kick ass and chew bubblegum and I'm all out of bubble gum"

Edit: added "bubble" so they completely quoted duke nukem
I believe the quote derives from the 1993 Richard linklater film dazed and confused when that Chris Cornell looking dude dude tells Adam Goldberg he came hear for 2 reasons, drink some beer and kick ass and looks like I’m all outta beer.
Maybe?

Macsta

Haven't liked a NFS game since underground but boy do I love this one.

Anyone use the g29 on ps5 with unbound? Want to know if it's work getting the racing seat out for this.

drotahorror

I thought this was going to be shit, but finally played a trial and I really enjoy the handling. Too bad most of the other parts of the game suck (main one being the boring environment).

Nabbed EA Play Pro to play it out for a couple weeks or somethin though.

Drizzlehell

Banned
I still have about 7 hours left in my EA Play trial for this game so I wanted to give it another shot today but it turns out that the game simply refuses to recognize my wireless Xbox controller in Windows.

Fucking unbelievable. I can use the same exact gamepad to play Need For Speed 4 - a game that came out in 1999 - and it works flawlessly without any special fixes or gamepad emulators. And yet, somehow, a brand new game that came out less than a month ago will not recognize my controller.

And I'm fairly sure that there's probably some stupid fix or workaround for this but after a quickle google search it seems like the problem is pretty widespread and many people are experiencing it, and yet EA still doesn't give a shit so why should I? If a game that's 23 years old works better out of the box than this piece of shit, then I just won't bother with it. I actually spend those few hours playing NFS4 instead and I had a blast. What a fun game. Much better than this trash.

Last edited:

JayK47

That is a big problem. Sometimes a wired controller will work when a wireless is having issues. Another reason to wait for a deep discount and patches.

Sausy1987

Maybe i'm stupid but how the hell do i keep level 2 heat to do level 2 heat races . even when i loose the cops on level 3 heat it reverts to level 1 and i can't enter the level 2 races then . it's driving me mad and i'm sure solution is simple !

I only played a few hours but I still haven't figured the game out.

How the fuck are you suppose to win? Do I have to do all the shitty side missions to upgrade my car because every race I start my car is constantly underpowered to win.

Patrick S.

Banned
Maybe i'm stupid but how the hell do i keep level 2 heat to do level 2 heat races . even when i loose the cops on level 3 heat it reverts to level 1 and i can't enter the level 2 races then . it's driving me mad and i'm sure solution is simple !
That sounds like a nightmare to play. Fuck man, I miss the times of NFS just being about racing a supercar from point A to point B, nothing more, nothing less :(

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

The races you complete raise your heat level, so doing cop chases wont raise the heat.
The amount is shown on the race selection menu.
The heat from the day transfers to the night,but the night heat wont transfer to the next day. Nearly every day you start with heat 0 (there are some story related exceptions)
Thats it.
After every race you see the current heat (and of course in the UI)

Last edited:
I only played a few hours but I still haven't figured the game out.

How the fuck are you suppose to win? Do I have to do all the shitty side missions to upgrade my car because every race I start my car is constantly underpowered to win.

First of all there are no side missions. There are races you can choose to enter based on whatever risk/reward you are comfortable with.

Second, if you are starting out you are in B tier. If you cant win B tier races you just need to git gud lol.

Top Bottom