• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Need for Speed UNBOUND reveal "IMMINENT" - Release date December 2nd.

spartan30gr

The eclipse is back baby!!!!!

6hhkij3fc0s91.jpg

[Sigma]

The character models are eh. But I dig the car visuals. Hopefully it's fun to drive and the races are thrilling. I haven't liked a Need for Speed game in a long time.

Last edited:

Rambone

Those new leaked screens look REALLY nice. Hype just went to 9000. Hopefully it plays well. Bonus if it plays well on a wheel, but I don't really care considering it's an arcade game. Can't wait to see more.

Was it because of the Waifu paint jobs on the cars?

ACESHIGH

Banned
EA really have absolutely no idea do they? Give us a proper sequel to Burnout 3 you fucking cowards, that game was lightning in a bottle.

Sequel? I'd settle with a port to PC and modern platforms. Both 3 and Revenge. And pay some money to Brooke Burke and Xzibit to bring back underground 2. EA can liquidate all its assets after those games are released.

Last edited:

Tunned

I'm actually digging the art style, something different. Now please don't fuck up the handling Criterion, and my doubts about your NFS games might be gone.

Hugare

Shocked by the positive reactions around here, 'cause I'm not feeling it, at all

Anime NPC artstyle clashing with realistic cars and city ... Looks horrible, imo

But maybe its just not for me and thats fine

Will keep waiting for something more akin to Need for Speed 2015

Buki1

2d cartoon characters imposed in front of 3d graphics? This graphic style just screams "mobile game".

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
NFS 2015 looked insane. Can't believe how bad NFS Heat looks in comparison.
I cant even fucking run NFS Heat. Ive tried it on two different launchers now. On the EA launcher, it never even gets to the title screen. on Steam, it bombs on the menu loading screen.

drotahorror

Besides the artstyle (which is not portrayed in this early video at all), one thing that's got my mind excited a bit is it looks like maybe they've added some wacky shit into the the open world. Every Forza Horizon open world racing wannabe tries to create a semi-realistic world with a few jumps/ramps throughout the world. It would be cool and maybe this is what the new NFS might be going for, to add things that are more fantastical, like giant loops right down the middle of the road, corkscrew ramps as you drive up a set of stairs through a mall, just shit that wouldn't be there in real life at all and to make the open world aspect more fun to drive around.

I personally find the FH style open world to not be fun at all anymore. It's very stale and uninspiring. Even Burnout Paradise (which isn't even a good game) has a more fun open world than nearly all modern open world racers.

I hope they bring back powers too. Shockwaving motherfuckers in Rivals was some of the most fun I had in a MP racing game. Honestly I was a straight up bully in that game. You could basically invade other peoples games, driving a maxed out cop car with ridiculous powers and just 1 shot people as they were cruising around or racing.

Last edited:
Besides the artstyle (which is not portrayed in this early video at all), one thing that's got my mind excited a bit is it looks like maybe they've added some wacky shit into the the open world. Every Forza Horizon open world racing wannabe tries to create a semi-realistic world with a few jumps/ramps throughout the world. It would be cool and maybe this is what the new NFS might be going for, to add things that are more fantastical, like giant loops right down the middle of the road, corkscrew ramps as you drive up a set of stairs through a mall, just shit that wouldn't be there in real life at all and to make the open world aspect more fun to drive around.

I personally find the FH style open world to not be fun at all anymore. It's very stale and uninspiring. Even Burnout Paradise (which isn't even a good game) has a more fun open world than nearly all modern open world racers.

I hope they bring back powers too. Shockwaving motherfuckers in Rivals was some of the most fun I had in a MP racing game. Honestly I was a straight up bully in that game. You could basically invade other peoples games, driving a maxed out cop car with ridiculous powers and just 1 shot people as they were cruising around or racing.

Blur_%28video_game%29.jpg

DavidGzz

Hey, we reached the point where another realistic looking game is boring so we going back to cartoon visuals.

Rykan

It's such a pity. I actually quite like the racing in Need for Speed, until they ruined the entire thing by going OpEn WoRlD.

Fuck Open World Games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom