• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naoki Yoshida addresses Final Fantasy 16's lack of diversity

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJX

Jumping to conclusions off of this one post. Don't tell me you have white guilt or some shit?! LOL He must be some white supremacist because he thinks Jesus is white. Just something you grow up believing. Doesn't mean he is wrong. Possibly made observations over the years from pictures and statues. Me, I don't think he is white, but he ain't black, either.
LOL why would I have white guilt? Last I checked my skin isn't white. Did I touch a nerve or something?

GymWolf

Gold Member
Going from discussing the race of fictional characters in videogames to the race of a fictional character in fairytales, the topic already delivered in spades, not gonna lie.

Last edited:

PhaseJump

Banned
So why are all images of him as white man, and where dose it say in the bible, he was black. Ur the kind woke nutjob I’m talking about.
No where in the bible did it say he was white either. As a matter of fact there are over 70 versus that talks about his skin color being dark. You're the white power nutjob that keeps racism alive.
Jumping to conclusions off of this one post. Don't tell me you have white guilt or some shit?! LOL He must be some white supremacist because he thinks Jesus is white. Just something you grow up believing. Doesn't mean he is wrong. Possibly made observations over the years from pictures and statues. Me, I don't think he is white, but he ain't black, either.

TheseDarkBluegill-size_restricted.gif

Drell

Why FFXVI? Why not the others FF then? Why not asking this for Tales of and Dragon quest too since, along with FF, these are the biggest JRPGs franchises in Japan?

My problem here is that woke people could basically get triggered over THIS game, while the rest of the series was always about white people with few exceptions here and there. I understand their fight and I'm not against it but.

1. As people here and elsewhere always tell them, can't they create their own game and not force other to include diversity?
2. IGN could've ask that question in a more appropriate way. I don't know something like: "World is changing and some people want representation nowaday. Is there going to be minorities represented in your game, and if not, do you plan to do it in the future?" maybe?
3. Why did they wait SO LONG in the game developpement to get offended?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
What audience? REEEEEtards? I wouldn't be surprised if they start boycoting this game like they did Cyberpunk just because of this question. Can't really call an audience that has no intention of buying the game an audience right?

Those guys really live rent free in your heads don't they. And no. We're clearly still talking about a Western audience.

It was the question.

Yes, the WILDLY unfair question of: "Hey, with a diverse audience that has played your games for decades, why are all the characters in this fantasy game, a game that you totally control the artistic and lore direction of, a game that is trying to inspire parallels to medieval Europe that absolutely had non-White residents and rulers, all of a certain melatonin persuasion."

. . .so totes unfair.

Guilty_AI

Yes, the WILDLY unfair question of: "Hey, with a diverse audience that has played your games for decades, why are all the characters in this fantasy game, a game that you totally control the artistic and lore direction of, a game that is trying to inspire parallels to medieval Europe that absolutely had non-White residents and rulers, all of a certain melatonin persuasion."

. . .so totes unfair.
Yes, its their fantasy game, that they are totally in control of the artistic direction and lore. They wanted everyone to be white, because regardless of whatever misconceptions you have of what medieval europe looked like, its how they see it. So?

And what the fuck is 'melatonin persuasion'?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Yes, its their fantasy game, that they are totally in control of the artistic direction and lore. They wanted everyone to be white, because regardless of whatever misconceptions you have of what medieval europe looked like, its how they see it. So?

Established history is now a "misconception." We're really living in "my reality is best reality" times aren't we.

. . .and it absolutely is their property and they absolutely can make any game they want and I personally have no interest in playing a game from them made by committee; it is the justification of these design decisions that people are - rightly - calling out as bullshit.

Guilty_AI

Established history is now a "misconception." We're really living in "my reality is best reality" times aren't we.
my, you truly have no clue just how right you are.

. . .and it absolutely is their property and they absolutely can make any game they want and I personally have no interest in playing a game from them made by committee; it is the justification of these design decisions that people are - rightly - calling out as bullshit.
thats your's, and theirs problem. And you know what? This'll still go on to become a best seller, so clearly 90% of the western audience has no issue with whatever cast choices they made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom