• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mystery Science Theater 3000: On April 14th, We've Got Movie Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

5taquitos

So what exactly was leaked?

You don't have to share the links or even get specific, but there seems to be a lot of fallout from links getting shared and I can't figure out what they were related to.

As a huge MST3K fan that didn't back the project, I'm just incredibly curious.

So what exactly was leaked?

You don't have to share the links or even get specific, but there seems to be a lot of fallout from links getting shared, but I can't figure out what they were related to.

As a huge MST3K fan that didn't back the project, I'm just incredibly curious.

Links to buy tickets to the premiers that were meant to be for backers only.

5taquitos

Links to buy tickets to the premiers that were meant to be for backers only.

I see, that is super shitty.

Surely there would have been a better way to guarantee that backers had access, maybe by using a unique code when purchasing?

I dunno, that really sucks though and I hope no msties here got screwed out of tickets.

gabbo

Hopefully the support team isnt just jerking me around. Still waiting on the winter rewards and they responded to my emailing of "you said no later than the end of January, it's February now. What's the deal?" with "our international orders are taking longer. We're sorry. Should be received by the end of Feb."

Almost makes me wish i hadnt dropped $100 on it.

That is an excellent sweater btw. Definite thumbs up for that.

Rukun

Neo Member
I thought I heard the new episodes were going up on Netflix on Valentines day, but can't find anything confirming this. Has a release date been announced?

mclem

I thought I heard the new episodes were going up on Netflix on Valentines day, but can't find anything confirming this. Has a release date been announced?

You're probably thinking about this quote from a little while ago:

Right now, we're still finishing up post-production on all the new episodes -- that's basically when we make sure everything looks and sounds "just right" – and I think we're still on track to make our current deadline and "lock" all of the episodes on Valentine's Day, February 14th!

After that, there will still be other details that need to get worked out, so I'm guessing the show probably won't be released before late March. (And you know, it could be later.)

opoth

Banned
I'm really hoping that they do get the season locked in tomorrow and Joel can announce something about release dates at the premier(s). My wife reminded me that the new season of Grace and Frankie was coming on March 24th so it would be really cool to see Baron's "other" show get a release the following week, but I have a bad feeling hoping for late March might be setting ourselves up for disappointment.

Sliver

http://forrestcrow.proboards.com/post/1148677/thread

Sounds mostly encouraging. Hopefully Baron develops his own voice more as time goes on.

I remember thinking that Baron and Jonah sounded too similar during the Kickstarter video. Yeah, hopefully Baron works on it and finds his "voice." Just like Corbett eventually went from sounding like Trace to his version over the course of a season.

Gypsy in the theater stuff sounds weird though...we'll see.

Official MST3K twitter account just posted this:

edoj4Cw.jpg

And if we ENHANCE...

hz8yO2A.jpg

So it looks like episodes are still an hour and 1/2 even without commercials.

mclem

Official MST3K twitter account just posted this:

edoj4Cw.jpg

And if we ENHANCE...

hz8yO2A.jpg

So it looks like episodes are still an hour and 1/2 even without commercials.

5.1 sound intrigues me., in that I wonder if the crew will be explicitly 'in front of' you.

And does it mean the source film is an era where 5.1 would make sense?

Sanjuro

Looks like they are doing a live session with the cast on A.V. Club's Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/theavclub/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

5.1 sound intrigues me., in that I wonder if the crew will be explicitly 'in front of' you.

And does it mean the source film is an era where 5.1 would make sense?

I wouldn't look too much into it. I imagine pretty much everything that is produced nowadays has a 5.1 to some degree, even if they do not take advantage of it.

Yeah, I wonder how that will be handled. On a lark I once messed with about a minute of RiffTrax audio, assigning one of the riffers each to left, center, and right.

Sanjuro

I'm not sure how I feel about them. They all seem to be having too good of a time.

All the troubled youth films have taught me a valuable lesson.

Tom_Cody

That interview gave me a lot of hope for the new season. They seem to play off of each other really well.

The Sophie's Choice bit got me.

gabbo

That interview gave me a lot of hope for the new season. They seem to play off of each other really well.

The Sophie's Choice bit got me.
It was a really good interview, and as I've not really dug into the grwater goings on, it was inciteful into how everyone knows each other. And it showed the can play off each other really well.

So... this secret movie... most legally complicated ever sounds pretty interesting. Could it finally be Howard the Duck?!?!

Then again the way its stated in the email sounds kind of like it's a movie they've already riffed...

I'm guessing that it is going to be Twilight.

SeanC

I am just not a fan of Rifftrax live, love the straight film versions though.

I like the Live more myself. Feels closer to MST3k with them having to do it all at once instead of in a studio and you seeing them with some little side bits and shorts on top of it all.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I like the Live more myself. Feels closer to MST3k with them having to do it all at once instead of in a studio and you seeing them with some little side bits and shorts on top of it all.

I think it might just be the way Sharknado was filmed.

I would love to actually be there to see it live, watching it is just not interesting to me.

B.K.

I'm guessing that it is going to be Twilight.

That's my guess. They wanted to do Twilight a few years ago, but couldn't get it cleared. They probably finally got it. It's too bad that there probably won't be a digital version of it, if the rights are as bad as they're letting on. I'm still upset that I'll never get to see Starship Troopers, The Room, and Mothra Live.

Fisty

That's my guess. They wanted to do Twilight a few years ago, but couldn't get it cleared. They probably finally got it. It's too bad that there probably won't be a digital version of it, if the rights are as bad as they're letting on. I'm still upset that I'll never get to see Starship Troopers, The Room, and Mothra Live.

I think ST was pretty much directly translated to the audio track on the site. The Room was pretty different, so you might be out of luck there. Also I believe there is a fan-made sync of Mothra with a "cam version" of the audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom