• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My cat just jumped off from 10th floor :(

KiNeMz

Banned
Great news ! Mochi was cleared from the Vet today and is now back at home . He still have to be caged for a month or so for the fracture to heal . Again , thanks for all the support !

wGnqBxm.jpg
Fuck yea.

That's the news I was hoping for.

Gorgeous too.

All the best mate.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Glad the little guy is okay. Cats can be crazy. I live in an apartment as well, and a few months back I lost my cat and found him on the neighbor's fire escape. He slipped out the side of the air conditioniner and jumped across somehow. Idiot had no way to get back and easily could have fallen. He was scared shitless when I got him and wouldn't stop with the snuggles when I got him back. He probably saw a bird or something and just can't help himself.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
Very glad your cat is going to do ok it appears. I know cats have super dexterity but I’m pleasantly surprised he survived that. I have no idea what their limits are, but before I opened the thread I was expecting hearing how he didn’t survive. It shows you how amazing cats are. 10 stories is a long long fall.
I saw a squirrel fall straight down from a tall oak tree in my backyard (about 4 stories maybe) and landed with a thud! He was ok it seems (was moving around later without a limp and eating peanuts) but I can't imagine a 10 story fall. Did he land on grass? A bush?

Rickyiez

I saw a squirrel fall straight down from a tall oak tree in my backyard (about 4 stories maybe) and landed with a thud! He was ok it seems (was moving around later without a limp and eating peanuts) but I can't imagine a 10 story fall. Did he land on grass? A bush?
He landed on a soiled ground with some grass . Not ideal but way more better than on the cement . 10 story fall would be better than 6-9th floor I read due to terminal velocity .

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This is kind of a funny question. Maybe the stress of this past year was just too much for him. Decided he couldn’t take it anymore…

He’s a cat. Why do cats do half the things they do?
Cats simply don't give a fuck

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
He landed on a soiled ground with some grass . Not ideal but way more better than on the cement . 10 story fall would be better than 6-9th floor I read due to terminal velocity .
That's interesting.

Had a friend who fell off the roof of a 5 story building in Brooklyn. Ended up in a coma and had some nasty scars but he made a full recovery in the end. I could hardly believe it. Not even a limp.

Facism

The furthest my cat fell (that i know of) was about 25 feet after jumping out of a tree to catch a bird in her mouth, mid-air. Shit was cash-money to see live. Incredible hunter.

GeorgPrime

Banned
My cat just jumped off the balcony from 10th floor. He's in the vet now, inside a breathing chamber. Condition is no external injuries, but some blood on the table and heavy breathing. He was also limping on the back foot. What is the odd of survival :(

I have already accepted the worst case but just wanted to talk about it with you guys :(

update :
Doc just called after screening , she said his condition already stabilized for now . There's a small air bubble in the lung that might be a little concerning , and some fracture on the pelvis . He can breath on his own now so that's a good sign and will be continued monitor . Thanks for the support guys , hopes everything turns out alright . His name is Mochi and this is him

vzOn6bi.jpg

Update 11/8
Great news ! Mochi was cleared from the Vet today and is now back at home . He still have to be caged for a month or so for the fracture to heal . Lung and the liver condition had all returned to normal . Again , thanks for all the support !

wGnqBxm.jpg

Cats always land on their feets. She may shrink a bit due to bone pressure when landing.

Seriously. 10th floor is like a adrenalin kick for them but dont let her jump again

Top Bottom