• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat: National Tournament | Las Vegas, Nevada | May 14 - May 15, 2011

Wallach

Spiderjericho said:
Tom Brady was a tester for NRS, so it would've been a conflict of interests and an unfair advantage.

He's pretty good. Check out Powerup from a few weeks ago where he had a nice set with Perfect Legend using Johnny Cage (though his Subzero is the king of keepaway).

Funny part of this stream for me was watching him maul Ruin's Kung Lao with three straight matches of almost pure rushdown. Looked pretty free.

Wish a Quan Chi had made it into top 16. Will be pulling for MarkMan since he's repping the next best thing with that Smoke. Better be ready for all the bomb trap/spin/teleport/superman shenanigans tomorrow.

Wallach said:
Wish a Quan Chi had made it into top 16. Will be pulling for MarkMan since he's repping the next best thing with that Smoke. Better be ready for all the bomb trap/spin/teleport/superman shenanigans tomorrow.
Big Marcus made it. His Quan Chi is beast.

Enk

makes good threads.
Finally catching up on this tourney.

Holy shit at the Justin Wong and Marn commentary! I'd give anything to have a weekly Wong and Marn show to go along with Cross Counter.

sleepykyo

DryEyeRelief said:

So
3 Raidens (Fubarduck, Jop, Ebenezer)
1 Liu Kang (Hugo)
4 Cyrax (Noobe, Trophy Club, Big Marcus (Quan Chi for Raiden), LI Joe)
1 Ermac (Floe)
2 Kung Lao (Justin Wong, Perfect Legend)
1 Smoke (Markman)
1 Sonya ( BE Rivers)
1 Nightware (Sorchetta Math)
Not sure about the last 2

Not too bad, but yeah let's Kung Lao hat spin get some recovery frames, ditto for Raiden's teleport, and bomb trap is cheap.

sleepykyo said:
So
3 Raidens (Fubarduck, Jop, Ebenezer)
1 Liu Kang (Hugo)
4 Cyrax (Noobe, Trophy Club, Big Marcus (Quan Chi for Raiden), LI Joe)
1 Ermac (Floe)
2 Kung Lao (Justin Wong, Perfect Legend)
1 Smoke (Markman)
1 Sonya ( BE Rivers)
1 Nightware (Sorchetta Math)
Not sure about the last 2

Not too bad, but yeah let's Kung Lao hat spin get some recovery frames, ditto for Raiden's teleport, and bomb trap is cheap.

from what I saw Michaelangelo uses Cyrax and Kabal.
LI Joe is more Cyrax than Ermac?

sleepykyo

DryEyeRelief said:
from what I saw Michaelangelo uses Cyrax and Kabal.
LI Joe is more Cyrax than Ermac?

I can remember actually. It seemed like he was using Ermac a lot prior to this, but I don't recall seeing him use Ermac that often.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Missed the stream: What is a Spooky Shuffle?

h3ro

Fersis said:
Missed the stream: What is a Spooky Shuffle?

When the stream starts to mess up or lag, Spooky starts rocking back and forth in his chair while trying to fix it. Spooky Shuffle.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
h3ro said:
When the stream starts to mess up or lag, Spooky starts rocking back and forth in his chair while trying to fix it. Spooky Shuffle.
Ha, love Spooky.
The guy is a hard working beast.

Mad love to the GAF folks doing awesome in the tourney: Markman and fubarduck.

Darklord

Banned
How do you perform babalities? I've played a lot of the game but have seen no mention to them. Is there a list of them somewhere?

Khezu

Darklord said:
How do you perform babalities? I've played a lot of the game but have seen no mention to them. Is there a list of them somewhere?

You can't block an attack during the final round, you can push the button, just can't actively block something, then you just perform the character specific input.

Nabs

Xater said:
I did not see the whole thing. Did Gootecks actually play at some point? I though he wanted to be there.
I didn't see him play, but he was definitely there. (gootecks laugh)

Damn man I came home drunk as a skunk last night and then our internet died until just 20 minutes ago, did I miss much awesome?

Nabs

GhostRidah said:
1:21:10 for the start of Perfect Legend / Marn trying to get some loving lmao

Mostly posting this so I remember the times for future viewing lol

He needs to learn the matchup, it's like 7-3 in her favor.

Top Bottom