• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Morbius is so bad Sony and the director are spoiling the movie before release

But even these movies are masterpieces compared to some of those old school DTV movies like Captain America, Dr. Strange, Hulk, Spider-Man, Punisher, Man-Thing, etc movies. When talking about worst Marvel movies ever anything but those is objectively an incorrect answer.
We're obviously talking about the MCU in this thread, not Roger Corman B-movies.

Right, I did hear about that one and it sounded OK but they still fumbled a bit.
It's one of those sci-fi movies where the 'scientists' are extremely dumb and make stupid decisions every step of the way. Very frustrating movie, but it does have an amusing 'twist' ending. I put twist in quotes because I saw it coming about 15 minutes before it happened lol

Last edited:
If you didn't care you wouldn't be posting here.

I came to laugh at people like you.
If you knew how to read then you would see my first post in this thread is making fun of MCU, but sure, keep getting defensive for these vapid movies made for children

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Lmao sure.

Listen, I'm not here to argue about movies made for children. I'm here to laugh at 'adults' who care
What a cop out. The way you interact with people has more to do with how mature you are than the entertainment you indulge in.
Showing your ass because someone disagreed with you about a movie made for children.

sol_bad

Be honest with me - how old are you? Because I constantly feel like I'm talking to a teenager with you. And not just a teenager, but also a pathetic corporate rat that tried to report the internet archive to Bobby Kotick lmao
uiHk94x.png

oh
You are that guy and playing that card again? Good to see that you are still so triggered by my post from years ago. Do you really keep that image on your cloud storage just for these occasions?
I'm 39.

What a cop out. The way you interact with people has more to do with how mature you are than the entertainment you indulge in.
Showing your ass because someone disagreed with you about a movie made for children.
Honestly, I wasn't trying to cop out but I see your point. I simply did not want to get into a back-and-forth about crap I don't actually care about, but it's already happening so I will make this as brief as possible:

Sony is obviously trying to ride the coattails of the MCU, right? Wasn't there a brief moment in one of the Venom movies where they literally jump universes or something? That's what I mean by MCU-adjacent. Not actually connected, but 'connected' enough to lure uninformed people into the theater. Understand?

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
There are much worse films.

Spider-Man 3
Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2
Venom 1 and 2
Fantastic Four 1 and 2
Fan4stic
The Punisher (all of them)
Ghostrider 1 and 2
Elektra
Blade 3
X-Men 3
X-Men Apocalypse
X-Men Dark Phoenix
Wolverine Origins

We have come a long way since the early 2000's.
Some of them are actually better then most the Marvel films released since Endgame
TASM is better then the two previous MCU centric Spider-Man films
Hell No Way Home is only so good because it actually more like the old SM films.
Disney/Marvel fans man 🙄

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Honestly, I wasn't trying to cop out but I see your point. I simply did not want to get into a back-and-forth about crap I don't actually care about, but it's already happening so I will make this as brief as possible:

Sony is obviously trying to ride the coattails of the MCU, right? Wasn't there a brief moment in one of the Venom movies where they literally jump universes or something? That's what I mean by MCU-adjacent. Not actually connected, but 'connected' enough to lure uninformed people into the theater. Understand?
I do. I kinda saw what you meant in the first place. It's basically semantics at this point.

Trunx81

We live in a society of bad Jared Leto Superheromovies. The first trailers already made it clear that this was going to be a train wreck. I also never liked morbius in the first place, was always bored when I bought a Spider-Man comic with him in it. He’s such a boring, generic character.

Let’s wait for Sonys Aunt May Spy drama then.

We're obviously talking about the MCU in this thread, not Roger Corman B-movies.

It's one of those sci-fi movies where the 'scientists' are extremely dumb and make stupid decisions every step of the way. Very frustrating movie, but it does have an amusing 'twist' ending. I put twist in quotes because I saw it coming about 15 minutes before it happened lol

Not that obvious since Morbius is not MCU and other people have mentioned non MCU movies as the worst Marvel movie ever.

akimbo009

Gold Member
Not shocked... Digging a bit too deep into the Marvel well. There's a bunch of other cool stories to tell though, like Kitty Pride and what not. Maybe they'll figure it out.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
If Sony wants to get blockbuster stuff... get people who actually LOVE the properties! People who are competent in storytelling and understand the source material.

Or just collaborate EVERYTHING with Marvel Studios... because it's MARVEL STUDIOS doing the heavy lifting with story, FX, scripts, directors...

Umbasaborne

Banned
Just saw this, spoiling the end credits sequences:

I mean... what the actual fuck? Why the hell would that happen to that character? It makes zero sense. And how the fuck he is in that suit?

The multiverse is dumb bullshit, and I hope they pull back from it when this turd flops.

I'd encourage every one to actually look at every spoiler they can, so they can save their money.

Sony is so fucking desperate for their own mcu that its embarassing. This is the dumbest fucking horse shit ive ever read.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Morbius looked bad from the first trailer.

Did it? I couldn't tell I've only had to suffer through a Morbius trailer in every theatre movie I've seen from Carnage onwards.

Thats the silver lining here. Its finally over.

FunkMiller

Disney have been incredibly stupid to allow Sony to connect their franchises together. Whether people like it or not there is an association now between the MCU and the garbage fire Sony are making about their Spider-man universe. No Way Home saw to that. Going forward, they're all one giant connected shitshow now. You wait until they fold the X Men in.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
I'm shocked!!! /s

Nah, it looked like shit from the jump.

But is Spiderman going to show up in one of these films? I thought Sony and Marvel worked out a deal where he couldn't?? Or if he can, why hasn't he yet? Two Venom movies and now this shit, and still no sign of Spiderman? Huge missed opportunity if they can use him.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Let's just bow our heads and honor the sacrifice that Morbius, Venom, and Kraven are making to keep Spider-Man in the MCU and remind Sony that they are not capable of handling the license on their own.

Disney have been incredibly stupid to allow Sony to connect their franchises together. Whether people like it or not there is an association now between the MCU and the garbage fire Sony are making about their Spider-man universe. No Way Home saw to that. Going forward, they're all one giant connected shitshow now. You wait until they fold the X Men in.
Like The Inhumans?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Will be great if Sony stop screwing up shits.
Why Vulture still going after Spider-Man in this new universe? It ain't the same guy as the one in his universe.
And why is he prioritizing Spider-Man over returning to his universe for his family?

The events of NO WAY HOME had the effect of transferring Venom and Vulture (and maybe others ) back and forth between the MCU and the Venom Universe
This is such a cluster fuck that I don't know where to begin.

Hoppa

Sony should just stick to the animated Spiderverse films, that first one was amazing. But it’s like all of their other movies are made by an AI, they have a nondescript sterile feeling to them

sol_bad

Poor Jared Leto, he is a good actor but he keeps getting shit films to work with He really should get a new manager asap.

Top Bottom