• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise ships over 4 Million units Globally in 3 days of sales!

Bodomism

Banned
Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
Game looks beautiful in my opinion, the NPC character models looks as good as they would on a PS4. 10 million plus easily once this game is out on PC.

This just for physical copies?

"Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that Monster Hunter: World for the PlayStation[SUB]®[/SUB]4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One has shipped 5 million units worldwide (including digital download sales)."

"Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that Monster Hunter Rise for Nintendo Switch has shipped 4 million units worldwide."

Last edited:

For comparison MHW shipped 5 Million units on PS4 and XB1 in the same time frame.

Yeah, but i'm sure the vast majority of MHW sales were on PS4. Just in UK in launch week, MHW sales split was 80:20 in PS4 favor. Imagine globally then. Also, i think, in Japan, MHW was exclusive on PS4.

Kerotan

Good sales. A decline on World but they'd need a ps4/5 version to beat those numbers and I'd imagine they've bigger plans for the sequel to world. Capcom never been in a better place and they've managed the MH series perfectly despite media create posters arguing differently.

Gloomnivore

I’ve been aware of this series’ popularity from the start but have never even tried a demo or MHW for free on the PS Plus collection.

Because I somehow seem to enjoy everything more on Switch, I’ve bought Rise. My first impression was, it’s obviously a really good game, one of the most impressive to look at on Switch and an engrossing world, but I didn’t have the patience for all the learning required and then the drawn out hunts themselves. As expected all along, it just isn’t for me.

And now the weekend is over and I’m still here, addicted to whacking things with my hammer.

Good sales. A decline on World but they'd need a ps4/5 version to beat those numbers and I'd imagine they've bigger plans for the sequel to world. Capcom never been in a better place and they've managed the MH series perfectly despite media create posters arguing differently.
What?

Monster Hunter Rise sold more than Monster Hunter World on PS4 in the same time frame.

And you know this. Stop using the combined numbers of ALL MHW versions as if they were PS4 only. -_-

Same ol G

What?

Monster Hunter Rise sold more than Monster Hunter World on PS4 in the same time frame.

And you know this. Stop using the combined numbers of ALL MHW versions as if they were PS4 only. -_-
Also the 4 million shipped number doesn't include digital sales, not that i believe they sold a million digital but the opening numbers are damn impressive for a single platform.
As a longtime MH fan i'm glad a lot of people are getting into it and this game gets the recognition it deserves such an awesome series.

Last edited:

Woopah

Game looks beautiful in my opinion, the NPC character models looks as good as they would on a PS4. 10 million plus easily once this game is out on PC.

This just for physical copies?

"Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that Monster Hunter: World for the PlayStation[SUB]®[/SUB]4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One has shipped 5 million units worldwide (including digital download sales)."

"Capcom Co., Ltd. (Capcom) today announced that Monster Hunter Rise for Nintendo Switch has shipped 4 million units worldwide."

Also the 4 million shipped number doesn't include digital sales, not that i believe they sold a million digital but the opening numbers are damn impressive for a single platform.
As a longtime MH fan i'm glad a lot of people are getting into it and this game gets the recognition it deserves such an awesome series.
The 4 million includes digital.
What?

We don't know this at all. It's possible Rise is above World PS4 but we have no way of knowing for sure. I'd bet Rise is slightly below World PS4 for now but will match it in time.

yurinka

Great launch sales. Now let's see how long MHR legs are and how it compares to MHW. Once it reaches 5M (I bet it will be very soon) it will outsell MH Freedom 3 (PSP), becoming the 2nd best selling MH ever (after MHW and Iceborn) and the 10th best selling Capcom game ever.

Last edited:

Keihart

Monster Hunter has never been more mainstream than now, World made the game super popular outside of japan so this makes sense. If there is a world 2 or Rise port for the other consoles, it's gonna sell gang busters.

Between all the time wasting type of games, this series is definitely my favorite.

Same ol G

The 4 million includes digital.

We don't know this at all. It's possible Rise is above World PS4 but we have no way of knowing for sure. I'd bet Rise is slightly below World PS4 for now but will match it in time.
I can't find that in the report it specifically says shipped

Kerotan

What?

I didn't even factor in pc sales. 90% were on ps4 vs Xbox so there's that too.

Rise did good but it needs a ps4 version to help it beat world launch. Obviously they want to make a separate game for PlayStation next because a rise port would have been held back by the weak switch hardware.

MrA

Bodomism

Banned
I didn't even factor in pc sales. 90% were on ps4 vs Xbox so there's that too.

Rise did good but it needs a ps4 version to help it beat world launch. Obviously they want to make a separate game for PlayStation next because a rise port would have been held back by the weak switch hardware.
Xbox is around 20% not 10%

vkbest

Last edited:

Woopah

I can't find that in the report it specifically says shipped
Shipped includes shipped to consumers through digital stores. Companies know exactly how many digital copies they sell, so these numbers would be included here. It's the same as when any other company report shipped numbers.

Ozzie666

We bought two, his and hers copies. First time really playing this type of game, only saw a small bit of MHW. So far, it's pretty impressive. Maybe the best technical game on Switch I've seen. Also, the load times are so nice. I often forget how quick games are on switch, for the most part. I could see our house hold buying a 3rd copy, yikes!

TheKratos

Great game. Shame we have to wait till april to get full experience. Damn Covid I bet it was either delay the game or update in April.

I think it looks awesome and i really want to play it. I'm having a hard time getting into games that arent 60fps at least though. also that resolution is really rough. I think i'll hold out to see if a PC version actually comes like the rumors claim. very happy for capcom that it's selling well though.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I think it looks awesome and i really want to play it. I'm having a hard time getting into games that arent 60fps at least though. also that resolution is really rough. I think i'll hold out to see if a PC version actually comes like the rumors claim. very happy for capcom that it's selling well though.
It hasn't even slightly bothered me honestly. I think the game looks shockingly good, and it's kind of an interesting mix of nostalgia for some 4U textures and a lot of the advancements in World, combined together.

But yeah, if you are comfortable waiting, that makes sense. But the game plays fine for me.

ethomaz

Banned
Just an update Japan split is 50% of the shipment/digital.... 2 million... the same as World.

Last edited:

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I only played MHW a bit and thought it was ok (didn't play online). Played the demo of MHR and didn't see the appeal. Monsters have no health bar. Seemed kind of repetitive. I still have Persona 5 strikers to play but may pick up MHR down the road.

Top Bottom