• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Rise Announced for Nintendo Switch March 26, 2021

Aidah

Alright, looks interesting. I'm a big fan of Monster Hunter but didn't like a number of the changes in World. Hopefully this one ignores some of the changes World brought.

Hold on, is that a climb-anything BotW style mechanic in the trailer?

Last edited:

Pejo

On one hand - awesome! On the other hand - hate that it's locked to Nintendo hardware. Switch Pro or Switch 2 can't come soon enough.

*edit

Alright, looks interesting. I'm a big fan of Monster Hunter but didn't like a number of the changes in World. Hopefully this one ignores some of the changes World brought.
It literally ate the concept of tailraiders. The grappling bug at least looks more fun than clutch claw.

Watching that trailer, I basically got the feeling of "MHW Lite". Love the new monsters though.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I kinda wanna be hyped because i didn't used my switch for the last 2 years or so but then i thought about a couple of things...

Is online multyplayer gaming on switch still the worst shit ever?
Is this a new game or just mhw with a couple of new monsters?
This shit is gonna be 30 fps right??

The graphics looks pretty good for a switch title, i'm surprised.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Those sure are some visuals, lol.

It really is no biggie, given the appeals of the series, but worth commenting on. Switch can do better than what we see here.

On the whole, really happy to see MH back on Nintendo for an installment. I can't wait to have some time to look at it properly, beyond peeking in for a few seconds at a time.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Looks fun. I think the portable nature alone would make me play it more than I did World, which was also really good of course.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I like the traversal in MH Rise, it looks fast pace and fun to explore.
Yeah, looks like a more expanded version of MHW´s grappling hook. Which is cool not only for the traversal, but to give you more agility in combat.
As a MH noob, I felt some weapons made you walk like a snail, maybe this fix that for me.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Rise looks incredible. Probably not gonna get my wish of the Arts / Styles returning, but the mobility and expanded level design are a fair exchange. I can already tell I'll put more hours into it than World.

F31 Leopard

I like the retro PS2/PSP graphical look.

I'm not being funny, I really do. It's how Monster Hunter was meant to be.

I'm actually glad they went back to the old art style but it's updated. Didn't really care for the "realistic" art in mhw. I still prefer segmented arenas instead of open but oh well it is what it is.

nordique

Was a surprise, I have never been able to get into or enjoy monster hunter myself. This one though has me intrigued looks like travelling will be fun. I’m definitely going to give it a go

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I can see myself able to playing this solo and still have tons of fun like I do with Souls/Bloodborne.
It's curious because, while I had a lot of fun playing solo, I also had some of my best online experiences just playing with randoms.
No bad vibes or bad talk, just some people working together to later dance or do silly things on the mission over screen.

Argh! This might make me renew my nintendo online subscription. ^^u

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
That verticality and mobility is gonna go nicely with my usual lance and hammer. Is glaive basically pointless now or have they turned it into a half-melee/half-ranged weapon?

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
It's curious because, while I had a lot of fun playing solo, I also had some of my best online experiences just playing with randoms.
No bad vibes or bad talk, just some people working together to later dance or do silly things on the mission over screen.

Argh! This might make me renew my nintendo online subscription. ^^u
I myself really not in to playing with others, the MH World felt like its mostly about playing with others because of the scale but in MH Rise it feels like I can still have fun playing it Solo without worry about the Co-op parts. Its how I play Souls games, my entire joy playing those type of games is to explore and beat bosses by myself.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Very nice, looks like another game to add to the growing library. I don’t care what people think or say of the Switch it really has outshined many other much more powerful consoles this gen.
Yeah totally! Aside from Nintendo´s lack of first-party new games, it has a really good library, specially for indies which play like a charm on handheld mode.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Any weapon classes standing out to people, based on the footage? I'm always torn between picking up my old faithfuls (lance, hammer, LBG) and trying out the new hotness.

Looks amazing. Definitely getting it day 1. The mobility looks like Breath of the Wild + Ninja Gaiden, and you have wolf mounts and a weird sparkle double jump!?

Jooxed

Gold Member
cvYVv5F.png

Love twitter/ Era is having a meltdown about this as well

Top Bottom