• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modern warfare II has gotten the most cringy trailer

Housh

They try to emphasize in the marketing that it's a massive popular culture phonemom by featuring current artists and influencers.

They always done this and really alienates us olds.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
”Cringe” though it may be, I find the use of “cringe“ nowadays to be just as cringe.
Cringe!!!

200.gif

Wow, just about all the you tube comments are saying it's awful. After the multiplayer reveal trailer, I thought maybe they were done making trailers this bad.

God awful trailer, and I just saw that Battlefield what a time to be alive trailer for the first time now - don’y know which is worse!

Lunarorbit

Came on several times during football and I just ignored it. Didn't even know what it was for until I saw the name in the corner. Call of duty is hit or miss. Just depressing it always sells well when its so played out

I’m closer to 30 than 20 and y’all always make me feel young. Celebrity endorsements work, even if you don’t know them.

Edit: this ad actually dope af. See a lot of my casual friends talking about it. Effective.
People over the age of 35 should straight up be banned from commenting on pop culture and haircuts.

The kids are doing it wrong if the generation above aren’t outraged.

MiguelItUp

I feel like there's a 'How do you do, fellow kids" joke in there somewhere
Pretty much how I feel. To me it screams a bunch of out of touch types doing what they think zoomers will think is "cool." It's a shame considering I'm sure this game will be pretty solid (at least one of the better recent iterations) and still do well, cause COD.

Last edited:

Fbh

Yeah that was bad.
Before they did at least have some game related concept in these forced celebrity ads.

Had to open a virtual machine, run Tor, run a few scripts, and run with a VPN to make sure this doesn't get tracked and suggested back to me. OP is right, this is peak cringe for my taste. I can't believe a whole marketing department approved of this, and then the higher-ups said "Ok, we'll go with that".

Top Bottom