• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Many future ZeniMax titles will be shipped on PlayStation and Nintendo Consoles

Yoboman

lol MSFT is going to do whatever they want to do once the deal is done. I think that's the point of the resistance from government and from Sony when it comes to "promises" and "contracts."
Obviously

If they can't guarantee exclusives, wielding the power of when and if gsmings biggest IPs appear on the systems of their direct rivals is more than enough

Kataploom

Gold Member
No they fucking didn't. That statement is pure revisionist bullshit.

There were no talks, no plans, no hint of ABK selling to anyone until Microsoft came along with an offer too good to refuse.

ABK was dealing with controversies but they weren't looking to sell. They were profitable on their own despite the Kotick and Blizzard controversies.
Oh, didn't know Spencer put a gun in Kotick head, had I known wouldn't have said such a dumb thing. My bad.

No they fucking didn't. That statement is pure revisionist bullshit.

There were no talks, no plans, no hint of ABK selling to anyone until Microsoft came along with an offer too good to refuse.

ABK was dealing with controversies but they weren't looking to sell. They were profitable on their own despite the Kotick and Blizzard controversies.

And the shareholders voted in favour of the sale. So they wanted to be bought … this wasn’t sone hostile takeover

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I mean of course if MS long term goal is to be a major app in the future of app services across devices they need to plant those seeds everywhere.

Sorry but I need to post this again.

Buff-Doge-vs-Cheems.png

I won't lie that Nadella driving Uber to make ends meet had me rollin

:messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

FTC "So what future titles are coming to other platforms?"

Phil smiling "Future titles."

FTC "Yes.... Which ones...?"

Phil smiling through clenched teeth "Future titles."

They’re actually going to release a PS exclusive called Starfield Crew where PS players get to load / unload and wash the spaceships of Xbox players as they are playing Starfield. I’ve heard it’s a truly immersive experience for all involved.

Chukhopops

Boy oh boy that's some interesting spin! Microsoft and Xbox fans sure cared about Redfall. They touted it as a major tentpole for Xbox exclusives in 2023. It was going to be a massive success that carried Xbox through the summer until Forza and Starfield and prove Microsoft was over the exclusivity drought. That's all they could parrot for months until the game released.

Now that it's released and was a complete and utter flop, it's "no one cared about Redfall"?

The hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty of Xbox fanatics is on display every day.
What part do you not understand?

Game was expected to be good but when it came out, it was not. So people stopped talking about it (although I finished it and it wasn’t that bad but w/e).

There isn’t some grand conspiracy behind it and the same thing happened with Forspoken for example.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Why wouldn’t they release other games elsewhere? Microsoft are after the money and they know they’ll make a shit ton of sales from Sony and Nintendo platforms.
Because it makes too much sense? Seriously though there is no benefit to exclusivity beyond 2 years. I expect them to release Starfield on PS5 at the end of the gen.

AlphaMale

So Redfall was one of the good ones? 🤣

So now that Redfall is confirmed shit, expect Phil to make and announcement saying how he loves for everyone to experience their games and that Redfall will be coming to PS5...as originally intended. (so he can look like a hero) haha

Skifi28

So now that Redfall is confirmed shit, expect Phil to make and announcement saying how he loves for everyone to experience their games and that Redfall will be coming to PS5...as originally intended. (so he can look like a hero) haha
If Phil wants to make more aquisitions, he must first promise he will keep redfall exclusive no matter what.

That doesn't jive with their recent actions. Starfield is Bethesda's biggest/most anticipated release since Skyrim and Fallout 4. If Microsoft cared about maximizing profit through sales Starfield would still be a multiplatform game. The amount of money Microsoft is leaving on the table by cutting PlayStation off from the game is massive.

Boy oh boy that's some interesting spin! Microsoft and Xbox fans sure cared about Redfall. They touted it as a major tentpole for Xbox exclusives in 2023. It was going to be a massive success that carried Xbox through the summer until Forza and Starfield and prove Microsoft was over the exclusivity drought. That's all they could parrot for months until the game released.

Now that it's released and was a complete and utter flop, it's "no one cared about Redfall"?

The hypocrisy and intellectual dishonesty of Xbox fanatics is on display every day.
Numerous Xbox players were calling Redfall GOTY before it launched.

John Wick

Regulators should not be trying to protect industry leaders by preventing competition.
They aren't. Tenecent is the leader by revenue and Nintendo by consoles sold. They are protecting against MS trying to buy their way to success rather than earn it. There is no need for MS to aquire ABK as they get their games on their platform anyway.

Sleepwalker

Yes they will but it will only be:

Mmos like fallout 76 and eso.
- remasters and collections of old games.

Everything else exclusive.

What part do you not understand?

Game was expected to be good but when it came out, it was not. So people stopped talking about it (although I finished it and it wasn’t that bad but w/e).

There isn’t some grand conspiracy behind it and the same thing happened with Forspoken for example.
I don’t think anyone is was banging on about how excellent and important Forspoken was going to be.

Redfall on the other hand…

John Wick

It's also not against the rules. And I would argue that is a very common form of competition.
That's why we have regulators so shitty companies like MS can't abuse their power and money on smaller companies. MS cry like bitches about Google and Apple.

I would think that the new Zenimax Online game will be on PS5, as most GAAS games need the biggest audience they can find, and as it's Rumoured to be a Star Wars game, it would be even more likely to me multiplat.

After that I would assume that the Rumoured Quake 2 remaster will be on PS5 as well.
Continued support for ESO and FO76 of course.

And let's be honest, after the way Sony acted with MS with ABK, I would think there is less of a chance than ever for the quality single player games to go to PS5.

Lunarorbit

I think a lot of us saw this coming. You can't spend that much money on Activision and then close off the market leaders.

Seems like ms is in a marketing/pr mistake with news like this. All this big talk from Spencer to just turn around and make multiplat games. They are getting their ass kicked and probably decided this recently

Mozza

They don't have a choice really. I imagine the numbers they have for software sales on the Series X are dismal.
Look at the bigger picture, Microsoft are not bothered about individual game sales, they realized long a go a subscription based cloud service makes the most money, they are just buying up studios to make sure it has the most exclusive content.

Microsoft have a $2491 Trillion market cap, their video game division could run a loss forever, they simply do not require money from any of these titles going multi platform, and any suggestion they are keeping games from these studios coming to other consoles, is purely an attempt to show the regulators they are going to play ball, and help their latest purchase go through.

If you notice they never state what games will be coming, and no mention of any exclusivity periods linked to their own platforms. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom