• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Charts: Crackdown 3 2nd most played Xbox One exclusive, 22nd overall. Big boost.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

After days not charting, Crackdown 3s gradual popularity reached a new high and it got propelled close to the top 20 most played games at 22nd and growing.

The only other Xbox One first-party exclusive doing better than Crackdown 3 is Forza Horizon 4.

This means not only is Crackdown moving up past all the Halos, all the Gears, and all but one of the Forzas, it also passed Sea of Theives, another gamepass game that also just recently got an update.

On top of that, looking at third-party games, CD3 is doing better than games like AC: Odyssey, most COD games, Monster Hunter, Warframe, and more.

KEEP IN MIND That this is updated apparently up to Sunday. So Crackdown may be higher on the charts as shown in the other thread by TGN.

IMPORTANT TO NOTE, Microsoft also tracks Crackdowns campaign and MP separately, with the campaign showing up and the MP absent. It seems we have more evidence that the advertised cloud destruction isn't as fun for players than shooting and using Super powers in an open sandbox city with plot.

Maybe this will make MS start balancing SP and MP games.

The fact it can be played almost free and still barely make it is more concerning than exciting.

This doesn't make sense, it went from not being on the chart to near the top. If anything it shows it's gaining interest and climbing. Not to mention it's campaign only.

ethomaz

Banned
22nd in it biggest mark.

It is nice to know that other non-official chart metric is full of shit.
Not a good place at launch imo.

This doesn't make sense, it went from not being on the chart to near the top. If anything it shows it's gaining interest and climbing. Not to mention it's campaign only.
It is nowhere near the top lol
It is not even TOP20.

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

It makes sense.

I know people on here don't like to hear it, but it's a fact that this game is on game pass and Microsoft was giving out 2 dollar subscriptions. People can claim I'm downplaying it, but it shouldn't come to as a surprise for anyone. It would be more interesting that if this was the multiplayer and it was maintaining this position a few weeks after the game was released. You should expect it to place over AC, older CoD titles because people have probably moved on to different games.

22nd in it biggest mark.

It is not even TOP20.

Try to keep up with the class.

If it's at 22, that's "near" the top 20. Crazy I know.

Also it jumped there from zero so that shows the game is growing, but you'll conveniently ignore that since you only enter these threads for wars.

ethomaz

Banned
Try to keep up with the class.

If it's at 22, that's "near" the top 20. Crazy I know.

Also it jumped there from zero so that shows the game is growing, but you'll conveniently ignore that since you only enter these threads for wars.
You need to have a look at the debut of others titles on this chart... 22nd is really low.

But hey I'm not trying to spin anything here.

Last edited:
it seems Crackdown 3 is the game that people who havent played it or have glancingly played it love to hate and talk shit on I think everyone I know who enjoyed the last crackdown games and gave it a decent chance have loved it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
third-party games, CD3 is doing better than games like AC: Odyssey, most COD games, Monster Hunter, Warframe, and more.

HOLY SHIT i knew this game was fun.. glad there are more!

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I'm sorry, what does "most played mean? Does it cover a day, week, month? It certainly is not all time.

-MD-

New news = new thread.

This one deserves a thread imo.

A mega thread is always a bad ideia... specifics threads is better for discussion.

This isn't even news though.

Are we going to make another thread when it moves positions on this Microsoft chart nobody even knows how to read? What even is "most played" based on? Hours played? Number of players?

Last edited:

Alebrije

If this game fails what it left to Microsoft? they a buying studios like pancakes but new Ips will take time.

22nd in it biggest mark.

It is not even TOP20.

How the CD3 is the 2nd most played exclusive when it is at 22nd place in US "Most Played" charts?? WTF is thread headline? Anyway, TrueAchievements is just proved how they are full of crap!!!

Btw. this is the thread from other forum :

"
Crackdown 3 is the 19th most played Xbox game in US, 14th in UK according to Microsoft's own stats - a discussion on the quality of TrueAchievements"

United Kingdom - 14th
United States - 19th
Brazil - 20th
Canada - 20th
Germany - 25th
France - 32nd

Crackdown 3 is the 19th most played Xbox game in US, 14th in UK according to Microsoft's own stats

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
How the CD3 is the 2nd most played exclusive when it is at 22nd place in US "Most Played" charts?? WTF is thread headline? Anyway, TrueAchievements is just proved how they are full of crap!!!

Btw. this is the thread from other forum :

"
Crackdown 3 is the 19th most played Xbox game in US, 14th in UK according to Microsoft's own stats - a discussion on the quality of TrueAchievements"

United Kingdom - 14th
United States - 19th
Brazil - 20th
Canada - 20th
Germany - 25th
France - 32nd

Crackdown 3 is the 19th most played Xbox game in US, 14th in UK according to Microsoft's own stats
Yeap TrueAchivements guesses is not reliable.

And that other threads have the wrong place for US... it is 22nd... the guy just made a mistake.

Gamernyc78

Banned
We knew this PR spin from Voost was coming and a Stat that doesn't matter. Shit bombed and thts that. Ppl being offended by others rightfully criticizing a game from their favorite company (an unhealthy obsession) need to reevaluate life. It's a mediocre game no amount of spinning will make it turn to a golden jewel.

Microsoft!!! Step your first party game offerings up!!! I want to use my Xbox again!!!!!

Vawn

Banned
It just climbed from a 57 metacritic score to a 58. Should I create a new thread? New news, new thread, right?

Gamernyc78

Banned
More news...

To date a total of 1 billion orbs have been collected and 1 million bldgs toppled. A player even played Crackdown 3 for 4 consecutive hours. New record for a game pass game 🥳🤔

Just joking ppl :)

Last edited:

-MD-

More news...

To date a total of 1 billion orbs have been collected and 1 million bldgs toppled. A player even played Crackdown 3 for 4 consecutive hours. New record for a game pass game 🥳🤔

Just joking people

4 consecutive hours. In other words that's 240 minutes, 14,400 seconds or 14,400,000 miliseconds.

Unreal numbers.

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
4 consecutive hours. In other words that's 240 minutes, 14,400 seconds or 14,400,000 miliseconds.

Unreal numbers.

Good stat, quick call Phil (the messiah of Xbox who will make everything better lol) and tell him.

Last edited:

Iorv3th

This doesn't mean shit at all. It's games played in the past week. You made it out to sound like it was all time or something.

Yes it's above other Xbox One Exclusives because there isn't one that has come out recently. It's no surprise that a new game beats Halo 5 and Forza on the most played list for this week.

It's not news worthy. Give us sales numbers then make a thread. Most played doesn't even give you number of players. Your shilling so hard for this game it's absurd. Especially when (I assume) your not getting paid.

VertigoOA

Banned
This doesn't mean shit at all. It's games played in the past week. You made it out to sound like it was all time or something.

Yes it's above other Xbox One Exclusives because there isn't one that has come out recently. It's no surprise that a new game beats Halo 5 and Forza on the most played list for this week.

It's not news worthy. Give us sales numbers then make a thread. Most played doesn't even give you number of players. Your shilling so hard for this game it's absurd. Especially when (I assume) your not getting paid.

He wasn’t even talking about the weekly charts. It was the daily from some outside tracker.

The weekly charts (week to week from that day) are a pretty good metric honestly.

It’s two spots below kingdom hearts but neither kingdom hearts or resident evil 2 tore up the Xbox charts. KH faired a bit better but re2 debuted poorly.

Sales numbers are important but player engagement is also a huge factor in games today.

I finally fired up crackdown last night. The stuttering is maddening

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

Banned
He wasn’t even talking about the weekly charts. It was the daily from some outside tracker.

The weekly charts (week to week from that day) are a pretty good metric honestly.

It’s two spots below kingdom hearts but neither kingdom hearts or resident evil 2 tore up the Xbox charts. KH faired a bit better but re2 debuted poorly.

Sales numbers are important but player engagement is also a huge factor in games today.

I finally fired up crackdown last night. The stuttering is maddening

Was it at least fun or you just stopped because the stuttering was to much? How did you feel about the graphics. I'm honestly curious.

VertigoOA

Banned
Was it at least fun or you just stopped because the stuttering was to much? How did you feel about the graphics. I'm honestly curious.

It’s clean looking. I appreciate being able to read the environment. Also had to slow down camera speed. I can’t imagine why it stutters so much. It needs to be fixed. I’ll screw around with it some more later in the week. I have gamespass and not live so can’t comment on the mp

Top Bottom