• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Keaton, Not Ben Affleck, Set To Be Main Batman In DCEU Franchise

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Oh come on. He is 70. I'm sure there are younger dudes in Hollywood who can play the part just as well.
I really don't think so. He has a screen presence that I dont really feel with most younger actors. If this is going to be a nick fury type if thing I'm all for it but they better act fast.

DESTROYA

If people think MK is going to to any action scenes himself are fooling themselves, one of the advantages of being fully masked is having more athletic and capable people doing the action stuff.

BigBooper

What if they CGI him young like De Niro in The Irishman? ...I'm sorry...

It sounds like he will be the old boss organizing the youngsters.

Cocksman

Eh. Fine I guess. I wish Ben’s Batman movie happened. Batman vs Deathstoke playing a game of Cat and Mouse through Arkham sounded so good.

Riven326

Banned
batmangrin.jpg

Everyone knows Keaton is the best Batman.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
I'd be down. I can't tell if I even care that he's too old to actually be running around and fighting. I might still be fine with it.

Dazraell

Keaton's return as Batman may work really well for DCEU. Glad to see they're finally embracing DC's Multiverse after so many years of putting embargos on characters only to limit their presence in multiple medias at a same time.

Inform me as somebody who only watched The Animated Series, didn't Wayne canonically have his spine broken by Bane? Did he ever recover? Is this future storyline you guys are talking about kind of like Professor X is to the X-Men?

Inform me as somebody who only watched The Animated Series, didn't Wayne canonically have his spine broken by Bane? Did he ever recover? Is this future storyline you guys are talking about kind of like Professor X is to the X-Men?

In the comics? Yes though it eventually gets healed by some chick with magic power or some bullshit.

For movies he takes the backbreaker in Dark Knight Rises but it doesn't cripple him. Some doctor guy in a pit punches his vertebrae back into alignment or something like that... =P

Top Bottom