• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Michael Keaton photos from the cancelled Batgirl movie

VulcanRaven

Imagine getting Michael Keaton back as Batman and then cancelling movies that have already been filmed. New pics have been posted online. He is back at the bell tower from the 1989 movie:

FzBZZQZWcAE6pRu

FzBZZQZWcAMfX8V

3-E13-DD05-8576-49-CF-A84-F-AF452-D64-E71-B.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
I still can't believe they made a movie so utterly bad that WB didn't even want to put it up on HBO but straight up nuked it from existence.

Meh, he had a sizeable and satisfying part in The Flash so it doesn't feel as much of a loss.

Brendan Fraser as Firefly, though... that's what we really lost with this movie getting thrown out.

blakdecaf

Im excited for Gunn to really start fresh, but man, seeing The Flash and seeing those shots really hit hard how great Keaton is as Batman.

I hope somewhere in the multiverse we see him in the suit again. GOAT.

SJRB

Gold Member
Eye shadow Batman sucks.

I prefered Val Kilmer over him. Pattinson is a great actor but the Batman movie wasn't great.

The Batman is an amazingly well crafted movie but its biggest problem is that it is remarkably boring. It is dreadful on a rewatch.

Also doesn't help that the movie's structure is quite weird with an unconventional 4th act slapped on that transforms a very intimate movie in a crazy all-out action set piece.

It's still kinda funny they had to add that 4th act to make Riddler do some heinous act because up until that point he's literally the good guy. All he did the entire movie was killing thoroughly corrupt and evil politicians, policemen and mobsters. Oh no, hurry, somebody stop him! Lol.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
The Batman is an amazingly well crafted movie but its biggest problem is that it is remarkably boring. It is dreadful on a rewatch.

Also doesn't help that the movie's structure is quite weird with an unconventional 4th act slapped on that transforms a very intimate movie in a crazy all-out action set piece.

It's still kinda funny they had to add that 4th act to make Riddler do some heinous act because up until that point he's literally the good guy. All he did the entire movie was killing thoroughly corrupt and evil politicians, policemen and mobsters. Oh no, hurry, somebody stop him! Lol.
I agree the Batman is boring. I was bored the first time except during the HWY sequence.

Gp1

The movie was a big hit, so a sequel is definitely coming.

And they still have the Joker sequel for some kind of tie-in with Pattinson's Batman.

I bet that movie is going to take place in
the schumacher-verse, and star clooney. thank james gunn

Only if the get Arnie as Mr. Freeze again.

I still think that he's the only one the understood what Schumacher was trying to do :)

VulcanRaven

Meh, he had a sizeable and satisfying part in The Flash so it doesn't feel as much of a loss.

Brendan Fraser as Firefly, though... that's what we really lost with this movie getting thrown out.
Also Fraser just won an Oscar. He alone could get the movie a lot of attention.

The movie was a big hit, so a sequel is definitely coming.
I wonder if Gunn secretly wishes he could cancel it so he could get people to focus on his own Batman. I'm excited about both movies.

Last edited:
What, you don't like people going back to a boring club over and over and over again in your Batman movie?

Ulysses 31

Also I was left wondering what Batman actually achieves in the movie, like you said Riddler seems to be cleaning up the trash and was a step ahead of batman till he turned himself in. I think they were going for something similar as The Dark Knight where it's shown there's still good people left and Batman's faith in them is restored.

Sleepwalker

Yeah I recently rewatched The Batman and my opinion of the film worsened (I liked it at the movies) it just feels like a slog to get through on a rewatch.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
For anyone interested and wanting to see more, I stumbled into this video yesterday. It's made by Batgirl's stuntwoman and she gives a good insight of the production
It's in French tho so use auto-generated subtitles:

VulcanRaven VulcanRaven maybe you can add this to your OP?

Last edited:

Trilobit

My friends and I busted out laughing because the film refused to end. It just kept going. I think it could have ended 4 times until Catwoman and Bats finally split up on their motorcycles.

The movie tried to market itself like Prisoners or Zodiak in its seriousness, but what we got was:
url rata
The Penguin waddling off like a penguin
THUMB-drive

The first scene of the movie was incredibly disturbing and if it had kept that tone throughout this could have been one of the top Batman movies. But instead it kept bouncing around and never deciding whether it wanted to be a thriller, action or comedy movie.

The humour also never fit the tone unlike Joker's pencil "joke" or Albert's "What is the point of all those push-ups if you can't even lift a bloody log" in Nolan's movies.

The movie would have required an incredibly tight and trimmed script together with a proven thriller director to pull it off. It would have needed a Batman who doesn't slowly and sadly shuffle towards thugs and let himself be surrounded instead of hiding in the shadows and fighting smart. And it would have needed a much better ending than the one we got which was just beyond ridiculous. I mean, Batman in broad daylight and in front of cameras?!

Maybe next time.

Last edited:
I liked “Zodiac” and “Se7en” so the first time watching “The Batman” I was pretty intrigued but once you know the plot points it feels a lot longer on the 2nd viewing. I do like the detective side of Batman so I hope they don’t shy away from it in follow up film.

Top Bottom