• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Matt Booty: "We are in a unique position to spend Sony out of business"

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Yes, a career moment for Papa Phil.

SF Kosmo SF Kosmo

If the rumors were just about games released two years ago, you might have a point. The smoke trail is large enough that even The Village Idiot can make 2 times itself equal 4.
I haven't seen any real rumors of simultaneous first party releases. So we'll just have to see I guess.

gamer82

Well then Ms :pie_thinking:, Spend them out of bussinees you say, what happens when your game backfires .

Competition say's
yeah no thanks you can keep your exclusives.

See You Later GIF by chuber channel

This is the first gen i have not had to bother with and xbox it all started with that cyberpunk console release and has just went down hill form there. Thankfully saved my self £450 + stop the drama and concentrate on the games no one buys a console to end up with last gen games as good as bc is that gets you so far.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
I haven't seen any real rumors of simultaneous first party releases. So we'll just have to see I guess.
HiFi Rush, Sea of Thieves, Starfield. Doesn't get much more 1st Party than that, simultaneous or otherwise. Doesn't matter.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

The most jarring thing to me is that they aren't firmly shutting this down. Which is something they should be doing if the rumors are more of a FUD campaign against them and aren't real. If an incorrect narrative is getting written they should say so, because this is poisoning their well in a very damning way.

Craziest thing is that the regulators gave them a 10 year window to play around with, since ABK was going to be business as usual for the duration of that period anyway on top of them firing nearly 10% of the workforce anyway. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I guess we know why he left

Booty? I think he got a promotion. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

The people to feel bad for here are the bean counters that eventually have to break the news to MS that 10yrs worth of content on PS from their studios not named ABK will probably equal less than a few years of the Xbox F2P money (think Xbox top ten sans Minecraft).

Top Bottom