• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 sells 890K during 24h NA alone [Up: Ships Over 3.5 Million Worldwide]

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Congratulations, Bioware! Well deserved. Hopefully we get another entry in the series in the near future.

Gartooth

Aside from the craptacular ending, it was well deserved. The journey was a wild ride, and combined a lot of what I enjoyed in the series and wanted from the last game.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
Played 1 and 2 demo completely turned me off the 3rd I have no idea why but it did. Might it when cheap

Krilekk

Banned
Aside from
the craptacular ending
, it was well deserved. The journey was a wild ride, and combined a lot of what I enjoyed in the series and wanted from the last game.

Would you kindly keep spoilers like what the ending is like in the spoiler thread? Thanks.

Replicant

Congrats Bioware! But what is it about the ending that everyone's complaining about? It better not be as awful as I imagine it.

Good.

Would like to see more of the series next-gen and the sales are encouraging.

Though it feels like the story/storytelling and scriptwriting has been progressively getting worse and worse since ME1. Hope they do something about that.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
This 100% incorrect! ME3 combat is better than ME2, but 1 still has the best combat by far. Moving all of the powers to individual cooldowns would put ME3 on par with 1.

Oh come on, playing as an adept in ME3, i can spam Singularity and Throw with literally 1 second cooldown between each abilities. By the time Singularity reach its target, Throw is already available to use to send the target flying. Global cooldown isnt an issue in ME3 if you want to use abilities rather than weapons.

This is why I find it hard to believe this is the end of ME as we know it. It sells a shit tonne, you're just leaving money on the table by ending it.

I wonder if it will win GOTY from most critics?

Bisnic

This is why I find it hard to believe this is the end of ME as we know it. It sells a shit tonne, you're just leaving money on the table by ending it.

ME3 isnt going to be the last ME game. Bioware never said that. It's the end of the trilogy telling the story of Shepard, that's about it. ME4 will just be about something else.

Solo

Max Payne 3
Diablo III
The Witcher 2 console version
Borderlands 2
Bioshock Infinite
Ass Creed III
RE 6
DotA 2
The Last of Us
Prey 2
Tomb Raider
COD 52
etc.

Its going to be a very stiff year. My guess? No runaway winner/consensus this year. Many different GOTYs on different sites/mags.

MIKEAL

Banned
Well this basically confirms that there will be a Mass Effect 4

I hope so, maybe start a new trilogy? Oh man, I would KILL for a new storyline with a new character. I really like where they went with the war assets component to the game, it injects a ton of life into the game.

J-Rod

I guess no one really gave a crap about all that dlc, twilight fan, and other stuff the Internet made a hoopla about.

WrikaWrek

Banned
My biggest worry is if Bioware gets a brain freeze again and goes MMO on Mass Effect.

No more mmos please...I don't play them!

Derrick01

Banned
I guess no one really gave a crap about all that dlc, twilight fan, and other stuff the Internet made a hoopla about.

The DLC character they did was a truly despicable thing to do and I can say that after buying it and experiencing the character and its effect on the story.

They knowingly took a very important character and charged extra money for it. They made it so that it wasn't optional for people who love the ME story and lore and dared them to pay $10 extra. This is not a Zaeed or Shale type of character, this one is very important to get the full ME3 story.

Bisnic

My biggest worry is if Bioware gets a brain freeze again and goes MMO on Mass Effect.

No more mmos please...I don't play them!

A Mass Effect MMO would be too much like their Star Wars one i think. Although i never played it...

Top Bottom