• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Inhumass - Official Trailer #1

Fury451

Banned
I'm just picturing what the audience for this, who likely are largely unfamiliar with these characters, will think when they see this

I know who they are and it still looks like some shit. Black Bolt especially looks like he had a deadly cough. Which is kinda true but it looks so bad here.

Aside from Anson Mount, the casting looks pretty shit too. I like Ken Leung, but as Karnak.....eh...

I just learned that Scott Buck was also the show runner for the last 3 seasons of Dexter? How the hell does someone like that keep getting work?

The person responsible for the Dexter ending is making this? LOL

Terrigen mists and genetic experimentation all to be able to wield standard issue assault rifles �� �� �� ��

Maybe the mist gave a bunch of people the ability to communicate with guns or something.

I don't even like the Inhumans that much but they deserve much better.

Fucking Black Bolt accidentally grunting when he's hit with a police baton. Jesus christ.

Fury451

Banned
I don't even like the Inhumans that much but they deserve much better.

Fucking Black Bolt accidentally grunting when he's hit with a police baton. Jesus christ.

He forgot his lifelong discipline to never utter a sound

Also that should've destroyed that city block at least

This is going to be trash tier

Fury451

Banned
I'm no expert on Inhumans, but shouldn't that gasp from Black Bolt have taken out at least the city block instead of one cop car?
Yes

uncanny-inhumans-0-page-151.jpg

AndersK

Okay, what they have most certainly isn't good. But what really gets to me isn't the bad costumes and set design, you can't suddenly get a decent budget, but the fucking hack job they've done in terms of presenting to viewers whst the Inhumans are and why you should care.

Okay we're these people that live on the moon, cool. Our King doesn't speak much, his voice is gonna give the Hulk a run for his money. And we show this by...er, burping on a car? Really? BTW here's a random bulldog the size of a car. Brlfglflrkr Teleport!

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Those cops shouldn't be able to even touch him.
Black Bolt's Terrigen-mutated physique surpasses the superhuman physique of typical Inhumans: his strength, stamina, durability and reflexes are all well above typical Inhuman or human levels. His speed and agility are also highly enhanced. An organic mechanism in his brain's speech center produces an unknown particle that interacts with ambient electrons, enabling him to produce certain mentally-controlled phenomena. The most devastating of the effects is Black Bolt's "quasi-sonic scream". Because his electron-harnessing ability is linked to the speech center of his brain, any attempt to use his vocal cords triggers an uncontrollable disturbance of the particle/electron interaction field. Because of this limitation, Black Bolt must be constantly vigilant of even the softest of utterances lest he destroy anything or anyone in his path. At full strength, his voice has the capability to destroy planets,[107][108] while a whisper can rock a battleship. When Black Bolt was captured and experimented on by the Skrulls, it was shown that his "Sonic Scream" is triggered by, and at least partially dependent on, his emotional state.[109]

The fork-like antenna worn upon his forehead helps Black Bolt control his power. He can channel his powers inward to increase his strength and speed, and can focus it through the focusing tool or his arms as concussive blasts. Black Bolt is capable of channeling all available energy into one devastating punch called his Master Blow, which renders him extremely vulnerable subsequently. By concentrating his electrons into anti-electrons, he can fly at speeds up to 500 mph (800 km/h) for a period of six hours, protected by an anti-graviton field. Black Bolt can create a nearly impenetrable force field by focusing his energy around himself, and can use his electron abilities as extrasensory probes, highly sensitive to electromagnetic phenomena, and he can also jam certain electromagnetic mechanisms. Though exhausting, he can create particle/electron interaction fields solid enough to be traversed upon.

Black Bolt also is at least partially resistant against telepathy and shares a semi-telepathic bond with those of his blood (such as the Inhuman royal family and certain others), as was evident when he was able to resist the mental abilities of his telepathically powerful brother, Maximus, and on different occasions, use his own abilities to overpower and take control of Maximus' mind. One of Black Bolt's main uses for his telepathic ability is to communicate his wishes to his wife, Medusa the Queen, who then acts as his mouthpiece to the rest of his subjects. He can also use this limited telepathy to communicate his destination wishes to the royal family's teleporting dog, Lockjaw.
Correct. No human can stand toe to toe with Black Bolt, even on a bad day. This show is fucking trash.

Apt101

It looks like they blew the budget on those IMAX cameras and Lockjaw.

I'll give it a shot though. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Triton looks terrible. Funny thing is that the recent character redesign features a mask that would have been perfect for TV.

a2fd014d93b307d68bd08821638ee796.jpg

Everyone looks terrible and laughably bad. I don't know a lot about Inhumans, but if Disney/ABC/Marvel want me to watch this, this trailer did not do its job....

...or maybe I'll watch anyways in that whole "so-bad-its-good" context. Who knows, this may end up being The Room of comic book TV shows.

AndersK

Everyone looks terrible and laughably bad. I don't know a lot about Inhumans, but if Disney/ABC/Marvel want me to watch this, this trailer did not do its job....

...or maybe I'll watch anyways in that whole "so-bad-its-good" context. Who knows, this may end up being The Room of comic book TV shows.

A while back a person in the industry 'in the know' described a show yet to be released as absolutely abhorrent. Money's on this being it. Sorry for being vague, I can't remember the deets.

SpaceWolf

Banned
It's depressing that within the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the Inhumans as a property look doomed to be wasted on an extremely cheap looking television show that appears to be doing all their characters a great disservice, which in absoloute all likelihood is likely to get cancelled after just one season.

SArcher

Banned
I bet Vin Diesel is also facepalming at this. I never really cared for the idea of him playing Black Bolt but if I had to choose between an Inhumans movie with him or this show then I'd choose Vin Bolt any day.

Dali

Doesn't lockjaw open portals like in the show sliders or the movie jumper and his companion just walks through with him? That would look a shit load cooler than that weird warp engine stretch they got going on.

A while back a person in the industry 'in the know' described a show yet to be released as absolutely abhorrent. Money's on this being it. Sorry for being vague, I can't remember the deets.

I'm pretty sure the consensus turned out to likely be Still Star-Crossed. Inhumans wasn't beyond the pilot when that came out.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I'm pretty sure the consensus turned out to likely be Still Star-Crossed. Inhumans wasn't beyond the pilot when that came out.

Yeah, it likely wasn't this, as the cost was apparently a big factor for the network and IMAX was covering a good amount of it here.

Oh god then I hope its this, that trailer had me howling.

And Black Bolt unleashing that sonic breath or whatever, looks like he's on a meat and eggs only diet LOL

Top Bottom