• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Today, we will see the inaugural A.I. competitive driving scene unveiled

cormack12

Gold Member

Anyone watching?

The A2RL — or the Abu Dhabi Autonomous Racing League to give it its full moniker — will officially debut on Saturday April 27, and can be watched via a livestream on the series’ official YouTube and Twitch channels from 4pm (BST) onwards.

Opening ceremony — 4pm
Race 1: AI vs Human — 4.15pm
Race 2: A2RL Final — 5pm
Podium ceremony — 5.45pm

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
F1 should be defunded.

All the teams + sponsors should be forced to support Robot Wars where they pit their killing machines against one another. Season winner polices city with the worst crime rate.

???

Profit.

Last edited:

Biff

I am surprised by how incredibly boring the race is? lol

I expected the cars to be at 99% of human level. They are at maybe 60%? Really strange given we clearly have near-perfect racing AI in video games that accurately simulate real-world physics.

I guess the difference is the cost of crashing in real life for budget-strapped teams means they have to be way more conservative... I dunno.

cormack12

Gold Member

I expected the cars to be at 99% of human level. They are at maybe 60%? Really strange given we clearly have near-perfect racing AI in video games that accurately simulate real-world physics.

I guess the difference is the cost of crashing in real life for budget-strapped teams means they have to be way more conservative... I dunno.
It's still early doors I guess. The haven't even been allowed to use kerbs.

I was expecting more too, but it seems they need to work out a lot of subtleties. It seemed to be a game of chicken in the braking zone. It will only get better, be interesting to see how it develops.

But you and I, can say we were there Gandalf, 3000 years ago

What are people expecting when you take the human element out of the equation?

Dissolve the danger, the passion, and the culture around the sport and you end up with phun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom