• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Inhumass - Official Trailer #1

EulaCapra

Not even Hawaii can save this from shitty cinematography, production design, set design, costume design, stunt coordination, etc.

Lockjaw is a winning cutie though.

SArcher

Banned
If they can reboot Spider-Man after only 3 years of the previous reboot then they can reboot the Inhumans 3 years after this shitshow. At least I hope so.

Fury451

Banned
It wont be "canon" like AoS

True. It's weird to me how a lot of my friends push the "it's all connected" thing without realizing that that's only technically accurate. There's a pretty hard division line between tv and film, but they're convinced that Daredevil and Luke Cage are going to be in Infinity War.

J_Viper

This looks like a disaster

my favourite bit

RepentantPerfumedGnatcatcher.gif

There's no way to not make Mouth Powers look stupid as fuck

ISOM

Looks decent to me but then again I have not read a single issue of the comic and only know some surface level characterizations.

SFenton

This is part of the MCU..., isn't it?

Yep.

At this point, I think Feige needs to take some more control and pick which TV projects get to be in the MCU and which don't.

e.g., AoS and Daredevil/Luke Cage/Jessica Jones have only helped the universe. This and Iron Fist haven't *hurt* it, but more bad properties (and there are a lot of Marvel properties coming up on TV) will.

Fury451

Banned
This looks like a disaster

There's no way to not make Mouth Powers look stupid as fuck

It's not even that though, but the effects are bad.

Black Bolt is so disciplined that he would never utter a sound like that, even when hit, because he could kill a hundred people if he did.

Marvel TV is gonna follow Iron Fist with this?

Maybe Ike is just fueled by the salt of Feige outranking him and wants to torpedo the whole dang thing.

Cuburt

They should have went with Ghost Rider for this IMAX experiment, without Scott Buck.

Having an ensemble cast with powers and that should need prosthetics seem like an uphill climb for TV, even before you get into the problems with adapting Inhumans, then you throw Scott Buck into the mix and you have a total shitshow, apparently.

Khaz

Black Bolt is so disciplined that he would never utter a sound like that, even when hit, because he could kill a hundred people if he did.

More like his powers are linked to speech area of his brain, air pushed through his vocal cords after a hit to the chest shouldn't trigger anything.

Imagine the destruction if he ever got a sore throat.

I also noticed the markings we've seen in Agents of SHIELD are all over the Inhuman city. But didn't we find out those markings were literally a map of a Kree city and temple? So do the Inhumans just like decorating their place with city maps?

Nategc20

Banned
Mahvel has fallen the fuck off. A complete phone in on the TV property side of things. Never would had believed this shit 2 years ago.

RyanW

I'm just not excited for this. I feel like something like this should have a bigger budget and be a movie as I'm sure this would be something that could really affect the MCU.

Hagi

Wow how can this possibly look worse than I ever imagined? jesus christ it's like they aren't even trying. Least Lockjaw doesn't look terrible.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Mahvel has fallen the fuck off. A complete phone in on the TV property side of things. Never would had believed this shit 2 years ago.

You're pulling off some A+ trolling in the Marvel threads today, between this and the Homecoming thread.

Because we both know that you you're being dishonest by saying that Inhumans looking poor somehow means Marvel has "fallen the fuck off."

Ravelle

Wow how can this possibly look worse than I ever imagined? jesus christ it's like they aren't even trying. Least Lockjaw doesn't look terrible.

They completed Lockjaw and realized they still had to do Madusa , so last minute thrift shop it was.

Hagi

Yeah... Marvel dodged a bullet not having this in the movie universe. I honestly bet this is why it never got made into a movie - just wasn't looking good enough

If they had decided to make this into a film it would likely have looked nothing like this shambles of a production. Not to say it would've been better, but there could be no doubt they'd have put in a shit tonne more effort into it.

This is part of the MCU..., isn't it?
It's a part of it as much as any TV show is. Which is to say technically they'll say it is, but not really. They're not even connected to Agents of Shield which has been doing Inhuman stories for 3 years.

Gaddamn.

If you're going to have a character that doesn't speak and relies 100% on body language and facial expressions to convey emotion, hire a better actor. Little girl from Logan didn't say a damn word until 90 minutes into the movie but still managed to be an emotionally layered character. That actress is like 10.

I'm kinda digging Ramsey Bolton hamming it up though.

Wag

It's a part of it as much as any TV show is. Which is to say technically they'll say it is, but not really. They're not even connected to Agents of Shield which has been doing Inhuman stories for 3 years.

They can't really connect it to SHIELD because the Inhuman storyline there had the oldest Inhuman showing up. It made no sense that the Royalty existed and they could ignore a threat like that.

Marvel needs to not pass the buck, but pass on Buck.

but maybe this will be the thing Feige needs to completely push Perlmutter out of a deciding factor of anything Marvel Live Action related. Disney will not like the tarnishment of it's potential endless money making MCU.

If they can use this to get Ike out, maybe they can get back to getting it all connected again... /wishfulthinking

Top Bottom