• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Inhumass - Official Trailer #1

I have never understood the appeal of the Inhumans. Even from the angle that it's a royal drama. Blackbolt's always been the least interesting Illuminati member. Marvel trying to still make this happen when they're even lame in the comics is just beyond me. These guys aren't even b-tier characters.

sturmdogg

I have never understood the appeal of the Inhumans. Even from the angle that it's a royal drama. Blackbolt's always been the least interesting Illuminati member. Marvel trying to still make this happen when they're even lame in the comics is just beyond me. These guys aren't even b-tier characters.

So was Guardians of the Galaxy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Guardians is quirky and does the whole space opera and misfits thing.

Inhumans does the royalty thing, which can work.

Unfortunately Inhumans also have the worst visual designs of like any comic book property that has been attempted to be pushed. Across the board, although I'll cut Black Bolt some slack as he's approaching good design.

sturmdogg

Guardians is quirky and does the whole space opera and misfits thing.

Inhumans does the royalty thing, which can work.

Unfortunately Inhumans also have the worst visual designs of like any comic book property that has been attempted to be pushed. Across the board, although I'll cut Black Bolt some slack as he's approaching good design.

I meant the part where Guardians weren't even a b-tier team until the movie.

But yeah I agree with the visuals. The only reason I'm giving this a chance is because this is only a trailer. And Lockjaw. I'm hoping the showrunners can make it work like AoS And Lockjaw.

cLOUDo

That looks bad, even ramsay looks bad

I not familiar with those comic, is blackbolt that boring?
The guy doesn't even says a single word, lol

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
That dog cgi needs some serious improvement. I'm hoping they keep it interesting and it isn't just big fish out of water thing until the last couple episodes. Worrried it might play like iron fist

I liked Lockjaw in the trailer but this feels.... weird. I remember Vin Diesel wanting to do Black Bolt in a Inhumans movie, and now the Inhumans are TV show and most people are hating it, huh. So much for another potential Marvel IP to take off.
Thank God the Venom movie won't have to share a universe with this shit
Lmao. Amazing post.

Biske

Medusa looks silly

Not even a candle to the comics

Medusa-Marvel-Comics-Inhumans-hair-attack-h1.jpg

I mean... damn.

Erv

They might want to vault this. Even though it's not connected to the MCU it could damage their brand

B.O.O.M

THis looked terrible..that final voice fx was just..terrible.

The visual style reminds me a bit of Firefly..which is a terrible match here I feel. Looks like a super low budget syfy series

No they weren't. Guardians had good comic runs. They were good characters on their own in Annihilation. Cosmic marvel has continually been applauded. You needed a fucking X-Men character fucking shit up in space to make Blackbolt interesting.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
No they weren't. Guardians had good comic runs. They were good characters on their own in Annihilation. Cosmic marvel has continually been applauded. You needed a fucking X-Men character fucking shit up in space to make Blackbolt interesting.

Nah.

The Paul Jenkins Inhumans miniseries was a classic.

Wait, so is this what replaced the Inhumans movie?

Also I feel like I'm maybe one of 5 people who recognized Iwan Rheon because he was in Misfits, and not from Game of Thrones.

Gintamen

Looks like they got less then 1/100th of a movie budged needed to make it look good. Could have worked in the 70s I guess?

LaNaranja

Cloak and Dagger comes out next year and already looks better.

The Defenders trailer also completely puts this to shame. If I was an IMAX executive I would be super fucking pissed that Marvel TV decided to shit out their worst show for this partnership.

Everything about this is terrible except for Lockjaw.

• The God awful sets and costumes. It really looks like an Asylum joint.
  • Medusa's hair is bad in ways that defy words.
  • Maximus makes no sense. That's not his character at all.
  • Inhumans are way too pretty. Being an seemingly unchanged inhuman is like winning the lottery twice in a row and then surviving lighting.
  • Action is... uuuh...
  • Lockjaw's teleportation effect is downright perplexing.
  • Everything looks just plain cheap.
  • Black Bolt's whimper should have cratered half of the city. Jesus.

I was expecting bad, but this goes well beyond that. AoS looks cheap as hell and I hate how every exterior looks filmed right across the street or at Disney's parking lot, but Inhumans looks even cheaper AND doesn't even have the benefit of looking mildly entertaining.

Awful. Just awful.

AoS looks cheap as hell? What?

This looked like garbage compared to Shield.

Kevin

The best way I can sum up my thoughts on this show and that trailer is that it looks fan made like one of those really bad Star Trek fan productions where it's nothing but cringe the entire time. This is coming from someone who really likes Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D too. I had hoped this would deliver but the whole thing just looks low budget, uninspired and quite frankly generic.

Cracklox

This... doesn't look good. And it should be right up my alley too

Wait, so is this what replaced the Inhumans movie?

Also I feel like I'm maybe one of 5 people who recognized Iwan Rheon because he was in Misfits, and not from Game of Thrones.

Ha. I just refer to him as Simon Ramsey these days. Can never remember his real name anyway. He was pretty great in both though, with characters that couldn't be more different

This, not so much from what they've shown. Kinda sounds like he's doing a bad zoolander accent

Why was this made? And why did Iwan Rheon do it? Dude must have a lot of other, better opportunities...

I really can't blame the actors, when they signed it may have seemed like a great thing. The true villain here is Scott Buck whose career seems to have Wolverine powers, surviving things that would kill anyone else.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
AoS looks cheap as hell? What?

AoS looks like some cheap procedural/TV drama 99% of the time it's not blowing its budget on CGI. Same boring sets, parking lots and uninspired cinematography. It's a rather dull looking show given the setting. And non-CGI action scenes continue to be shameful.

I've loved this past season and Ghost Rider looks cool as hell, but the show is not what you'd call pretty. Not even interesting.

The real question is can they somehow write this off as a mistake if they decide to tackle the Inhumans again somewhere down the line? Could they just pretend it didn't happen?

Also, why are there some people saying they'll watch this for a CGI dog? I really don't get that.

The Kree

Banned
The real question is can they somehow write this off as a mistake if they decide to tackle the Inhumans again somewhere down the line? Could they just pretend it didn't happen?

Also, why are there some people saying they'll watch this for a CGI dog? I really don't get that.

Same reason there are people who will watch Michael Bay's Transformers movies.

a.wd

Wtf happened to black bolt?

He is a beast, his voice can destroy planets, he can fly, he's telepathic.

This mother fucker looks like a mid season interstitial story from fringe.

No. No.

Ushay

Yeh I'll stick to AOS and the DC shows. This looks awful.

That Xmen stuff looks fog though right? Like Legion.

Top Bottom