• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Martha is dead to be censored/edited on PlayStation platforms, PC and Xbox unaffected.

And have the weird unnecessary sex scene with abbey's boobs flapping away into the camera.

3uGcCPJ.gif

cormack12

Gold Member
From the ESRB Website:

Honestly, I feel like ESRB messed up with the rating. To me that's definitely an AO rating.

Wait, there are sluts in this? Where do I preorder?

Dr Bass

I don't disagree with your reaction to my post at all. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I also don't think Sony is being consistent or fair on this. At the same time being mad you can't get your "gross out" on is a younger person's thing I think. I would have been all outraged in my 20s, but at this point I've seen enough disgusting and/or sad things in real life that I just don't need it in my video games.

MikeM

I don't disagree with your reaction to my post at all. :messenger_grinning_smiling:

I also don't think Sony is being consistent or fair on this. At the same time being mad you can't get your "gross out" on is a younger person's thing I think. I would have been all outraged in my 20s, but at this point I've seen enough disgusting and/or sad things in real life that I just don't need it in my video games.
Lol you took it well.

This game I have no interest in but I have a huge problem with censorship in general. I don’t need Sony becoming the China of gaming (exaggeration, I know. But you get the point).

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
You sure it was the face scene or this charming snippet from the ESRB page:

Guilia cutting a corpse's stomach open and pulling out a dead fetus

I'm against censorship, but this seems pretty tryhard to me.

And besides if its available elsewhere, not that concerned about it being cut by a single vendor.

nikolino840

Assuming the YT video is the scene in question, they very clearly "meant" to be disingenuous and intentionally misrepresent the content to engender support for Sony's censorship and outrage at the developers. Which works, as you see even Alt Right FreedomGAF took at 180 to overwhelming approval for Sony when game was supposedly about leatherfacing an infant. Which even if it was, I'd be fine with as I can distinguish shock horror and a polygonal mesh from reality--just as any functional adult should be able to.
And the peta can't Say anything unless they like shitstorms from the gamers 😂

tommib

Oh No, An Actual Really Disturbing Horror Game!! Lets Censor The Compelling Bits Of Horror And Release Trash Horror Films With Scenes Far Worse Than This!!

Also, One Variant Of This Story (Lady In The Lake) Rectifies This By Allowing You To Save Your Sister After Wearing Her Face And Navigating With Her Vision To Save Her Like It Never Happened!!

Seriously Though, The Horror Gaming Genre While Their Are Still Some Gems Out There Isn't Nearly As Revered As It Used To Be When The Market Was Basically Flooded With Horror Shooters!! And Much Of This Censorship Is Likely Why!! You Can't Take Gaming Seriously As A Meaningful Story Telling Medium If You Continue Censoring It, Might As Well Do The Same With Books And Films Sony!!
Ok you should be banned for capitalising every word.

Can someone call the censors?

Last edited:
That's What Needs To Be Made Obvious Here! We Really Do Have Far Too Few Horror Games!! We Have Many "Ghost Stories" Floating About - But Genuine Non Indie 100% Horror Games
Have Had Basically No Love In The Last Decade Aside From A Few Standouts!! So The Horror Genre With Serious Meaningful Horror Dialogues And Narrative Have Been Sequestered To A Handful Of Devs And That Should Change!! It Used To Be The Opposite!! Also, For Future Reference - I Can't See Posts Of Those I Have Ignored!!

Last edited:

tommib

That's What Needs To Be Made Obvious Here! We Really Do Have Far Too Few Horror Games!! We Have Many "Ghost Stories" Floating About - But Genuine Non Indie 100% Horror Games
Have Had Basically No Love In The Last Decade Aside From A Few Standouts!! So The Horror Genre With Serious Meaningful Horror Dialogues And Narrative Have Been Sequestered To A Handful Of Devs And That Should Change!! It Used To Be The Opposite!!
police bridge GIF by South Park

Three

It's a sick thing, agreed.

But don't make them change the game, just deny certification. If that's how they truly feel, say the game does not meet up with your platform's standards. Can't have your cake and eat it too IMO.
I'm pretty sure the dev would rather change the scene than have their entire game rejected. WTF.

anthony2690

Banned
I loved the game but that shit was weird. Can you imagine the weird looks Druckmann was getting from the women in his studio after seeing that?
I just don't get why it was in the game personally, just seemed so unnecessary and strange.

But Sony censored Trish's ass in DMC5 on playstation, it makes you scratch your head.

Filben

If people's argument is that things should get cut because "they're there for no reason" I wish this would applied to everything else then, too. Like unnecessary grind, content padding, MTX, etc. :lollipop_squint_tongue:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Ok, Sony needs to stop this shit. We aren't children, you don't need to protect us. And yes, there are a lot of children who do play on PlayStation of course, but that's true for every console, and it's their parents' responsibility to make sure their kids aren't exposed to stuff they shouldn't be.

Aenima

Apparently only the US version was uncensored, the EU version still has that crap. What the hell. Is this a Germany thing again?
Wtf, i tought it was gone. No idea why its still censored in Europe, europe is pretty open to nudity. I see more tits in a afternoon at the beach, than an entire gen in videogames. I think Germany also dont have issues with nudity, most censored games in germany was censored because of gore. I might be wrong.

Really shows the integrity of some that they’re up in arms against censorship until it’s something they find distasteful.

I don’t particularly love it either but I also don’t think my delicate sensibilities should dictate what should and should not be allowed to exist.
It's always when children come into the discussion. "Think of the children!" is roundly mocked for a reason. Adults always hypocritically default to "everything is ok unless it involves the precious children!"

Saber

Gold Member
I'm scratching my head over that.
I watched the scene. Its pretty gross yeah, but so is MK games. Does a lot of people(even Sony itself) praise that fucking MK9 game? I mean, it's all about gruefuckingsome fatilities, taking all the people guts, eyes, limbs and even faces...but somehow those 2 are not in the same level? Whats the difference here?

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I don't even know what this game is .. but I'm a bit squeamish over realistic looking gore depictions so uh .. pass.

Banned
Apparently only the US version was uncensored, the EU version still has that crap. What the hell. Is this a Germany thing again?
sexual things censored in germany? I think you don't know Germany lol.

I watched Ranma 1/2 with uncensored tits, nipples and all, as a 12 year old on TV at 3pm after coming home from school.
that show was wedged in with other shows like Pokemon and Detective Conan, targeted at young teens

just to give you some perspective here lol
also the Xbox version is uncensored globally. so Sony is to blame

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
sexual things censored in germany? I think you don't know Germany lol.

I watched Ranma 1/2 with uncensored tits, nipples and all, as a 12 year old on TV at 3pm after coming gome from school.
that show was wedged in with other shows like Pokemon and Detective Conan, targeted at young teens

just to give you some perspective here lol

Yeah, I don't know, it's just that usually when EU versions of games are censored it's because of Germany.

Brigandier

It's an absolutely disgusting scene, A game I won't be playing on any platform, However why the fuck should someone who likes horror and violent games who is 18 or older not be given a choice???

Bad move Sony...

Aenima

Sony has a weird issue with "dismemberment" in particular.

Must be applying this to... faces? lol
But you can dismember ppl in TLOU2 while you hear them scream in pain untill they die, which add another layer of violence and brutality. Also Cyberpunk 2077 didnt got censored and also has dismemberment and full nudity.

It just feels the department in charge of censorship goes on power trips to justify having a job and once in a while decide that something should be censored, even if they own games feauture the things they are censoring.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
This is the scene that was in the demo

Meh. This gets censored? You see worse shit in movies all the time. Games will never be taken seriously as a medium until artists can fully unleash. They'll always be seen as for kids.

Ridiculous that this was censored. Fuck off

Edit: And her over the top reaction just means her ass shouldnt be playing this game. Not that it should be censored. Huge L for Sony

Last edited:

Banned
Yeah, I don't know, it's just that usually when EU versions of games are censored it's because of Germany.

well some stuff was censored or changed because of the UK in th past as well.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was called Teenage Mutant Hero Tutles for quite some time in all of Europe simply because the brits found the word Ninja to be not kid friendly enough 🤣 which is super random.

Last edited:

K2D

Banned
Just a friendly reminder from Sony, that when your pegi 18 years old, it's fine to go a little golf-club-postal on your d-a-d. He wasn'ts such a nice guy anyway..!

Top Bottom