• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Martha is dead to be censored/edited on PlayStation platforms, PC and Xbox unaffected.

Topher

Gold Member
If you can't stomach it, don't play it.

Of course some people already started to spin this as a good thing lol

Cutting a dead girl's face off is never a good thing.

Im Not No Way GIF

I know that's not what you meant. lol

Concern

In The Last of Us 2, you can stick a knife into a guy's throat and he will squeal in agony as the throat opens and you can see into the wound.

This is some hypocritical bullshit from Sony because they are afraid of the twitter mob and they are taking it out on developers. Completely spineless and ridiculous.

Lemme guess "evil racist white guy"? Lol

nikolino840

Well that does sound pretty stupid but I'd have to see the context, I mean doing that in something like a zombie game where you are trying to hide that you are alive makes sense but only if it were another adults face, I don't get why this would need to be done with a baby though, what kind of story are they trying to tell?
Maybe for some , anime tiddies (or flat for the 1000 Years old loli 😂) and pantsu scenes in games are stupid 🤷

Well...the devs are italians and we have Dario Argento and Lucio Fulci ,the king of gore movies

GHG

Well that does sound pretty stupid but I'd have to see the context, I mean doing that in something like a zombie game where you are trying to hide that you are alive makes sense but only if it were another adults face, I don't get why this would need to be done with a baby though, what kind of story are they trying to tell?

If there's a zombie apocalypse everyone stay the fuck away from this guy.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole

I think they meant "baby sister" which is a weird way to say younger sister, not actually a baby.

jaysius

Banned
Some of the shit in God of War's previous games have been way crazier, infact that was a huge reason to play those middles mashfests. It's hilarious to see Sony people clamor for censorship to apologize for their brand.

In The Last of Us 2, you can stick a knife into a guy's throat and he will squeal in agony as the throat opens and you can see into the wound.

This is some hypocritical bullshit from Sony because they are afraid of the twitter mob and they are taking it out on developers. Completely spineless and ridiculous.

So only 1st parties will be allowed the gore in the future?

Last edited:

Fake

Sure.

But Sony has freedom too; they don't like the content, so they chose not to host it.

You're literally have no ideia of wtf are you talking about. This is not freedom. There is a ESRB just for that. Its up to the company/dev team accept the terms, not Sony. If they don't like the rules Sony are imposing they can remove or break the contract anytime.

I mean, wtf, asking for a dev to remove a scene from their game is freedom? In what planet?

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
You're literally have no ideia of wtf are you talking about. This is not freedom. There is a ESRB just for that. Its up to the company/dev team accept the terms, not Sony. If they don't like the rules Sony are imposing they can remove or break the contract anytime.

I'm afraid it is you who doesn't understand. Sony and ESRB can have differing standards. What's permissible for ESRB may not be permissible for Sony's brand and/or platform.

Dr Bass

Sick bullshit like this shouldn't be present in games tbh. In this case i fully agree with Sony.

It's a sick thing, agreed.

But don't make them change the game, just deny certification. If that's how they truly feel, say the game does not meet up with your platform's standards. Can't have your cake and eat it too IMO.

This is why I stopped fanboying for Sony, at buy games on PC instead whenever I can. They lost an embarrassingly loyal customer in me.

That'll show 'em. Keep fighting the good fight, and let them know you will not put up with them taking away your right to mutilate people.

Last edited:

Fake

I'm afraid it is you who doesn't understand. Sony and ESRB can have differing standards. What's permissible for ESRB may not be permissible for Sony's brand and/or platform.

Not my point. This is not 'freedom' lmao. Sony are setting rules and the dev team accept. There is no 'different standards'.

Last edited:

Kadve

Sony has a weird issue with "dismemberment" in particular.

Must be applying this to... faces? lol
Hmm... Guess they must have changed then. (they published this game themselves)

Also how the hell does that apply to Mortal Kombat? Considering how much dismemberment is going on there.

Okay, that's pretty disgusting, but it's a horror game and that's truly horrifying.
Disgusting is one thing. Bad taste is another.

I'm not exactly supporting Sony censoring the game, but i also don't support the developers for including it in the first place. Feels like they are just trying to grab headlines trough bad publicity. And not in a fun way like Hatred if anyone remember that.

Last edited:

Lognor

Banned
Sony, what is you doing?!

Nintendo of all fucking companies is doing a better job with this shit now. And that's just sad.

Topher

Gold Member

I mean, wtf asking for a dev to remove a scene from their game is freedom? In what planet?

I agree. Sony is overreaching. The industry has established effective self-governance for content. If the ESRB gives it a M rating then that should be all Sony should cares about.

Last edited:
This is the one thing about Sony I've been most worried about: dumb censorship. Never mind the number of Japanese niche games that have had to be censored on the platform; games clearly aimed at Mature audiences/adults that aren't 1P games are still being forced into a state of censorship, and there's no reason for that.

It also makes them look hypocritical because they have 1P games like TLOU Part II which are filled with some pretty brutal violence and even sex scenes, but they won't allow 3P games clearly rated for Mature audiences to do the same? Are games "art", or not? Be consistent, please.

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wtf.

I was about to finally agree with the Anime weirdos… LMAOO. How is that not A rated. Sony does not want a “GTA hot coffee” on crack falling on its whole Playstation Division.

It's no worst than a scene from Silence of the Lambs, and that was rated R. The AO rating is just a marketing gimmick and has been pretty much since its inception. No console game has been AO and been allowed on console, and even most PC storefronts ban those type of games.

Go look up the history of Thrill Kill on PS1 to see why AO-rated games just don't exist on console.

Yeah I don't see how this contributes anything besides just being disturbing for no reason

How would you even know without having played the game in its totality?

Last edited:
Top Bottom